• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Used AI to Replace The Last of US TV show's Lead Characters with Hugh Jackman's and Ellen Page's Face.

5ab1aaa61c56dcff1ab1c2008a8fded6.jpg

Wow, a lot of transphobic assholes in this thread.

That aside, the AI here isn't that great. Page looks a bit off and the voice doesn't match the face, and Hugh Jackman still looks partly like Pedro Pascal.
Please, it's light jabs at best considering all the insanity around Ellen Page's transition. Stop being so sensitive.

------------------------------

We all new pretty much what this would look like before you even watched the video. The casting of Jackman would have been great, I've thought that since I saw him in Prisoners. Bummer it didn't happen, but what we got was ok too, could have been better imo, but not bad at all.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

That aside, the AI here isn't that great. Page looks a bit off and the voice doesn't match the face, and Hugh Jackman still looks partly like Pedro Pascal.

If transphobia counts as:
-fear of trans people
-hatred of trans people
-misgendering trans people
-dead naming trans people
-mentioning trans people's transitions
-not acknowledging people's transitions
-fetishizing trans people

Then like...what?

For a group of people that wants to be treated like everyone else, they sure do throw an everloving fucking fit if you ever attempt to do so.

Elysium44

Banned
Very good. Just shows how the show could have been so much better if they'd cast the main players properly, especially Ellie. I couldn't watch more than the first episode due to her egregious miscasting.

Raven77

Screw Hugh Jackman, give me a de-aged Mel Gibson
Jimmy Fallon No Difference GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Also, to all the AI haters, there is no running from this. And it's going to transform our lives over the next decade the same way the internet did.

AI will be doing most of the concept art, story framework, animations, voice acting, textures creation, etc. It will even be used in ways similar to procedural generation but 1, 000x times more powerful. It will eventually allow for experiences and games that we didn't think possible.

Hate AI all you want...but if AI were Thanos

Avengers Endgame GIF

Matsuchezz

Mmmm Jackman as Joel. I have yet to see a movie where Hugh Jackman performs a decent and believable character. Not a huge fan of him Can someone recommend a great movie with him where his performance is great? I think the actual actors are doing great.

Deuterium

If by "transphobic", you mean rational people who do not accept the irrational, outrageous claims by trans-activists -- claims which contradict and are contrary to human nature, as understood by the natural light of human reason (including biological science) -- then count me as an asshole. Respectfully, I will wear your epithet with "pride".

Last edited:

Kdad

If by "transphobic", you mean rational people who do not accept the irrational, outrageous claims by trans-activists -- claims which contradict and are contrary to human nature, as understood by the natural light of human reason (including biological science) -- then count me as an asshole. Respectfully, I will wear your epithet with "pride".
Funny given Woodstock transitioned from female to male. Your avatar is pure acceptance and love for those that have transitioned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom