• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Used AI to Replace The Last of US TV show's Lead Characters with Hugh Jackman's and Ellen Page's Face.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
We indulged Prince through all his image shifts. We call Kanye whatever he likes. A simple update of credit to reflect an actor's name change is not a big deal.

This is actually a great response.

This illustrates how I'm not a transphobe, i just think self important bullshit is dumb - because to this day I refer to both as Prince and Kanye West.

Not a statement for the royal we.

Lasha

This is actually a great response.

This illustrates how I'm not a transphobe, i just think self important bullshit is dumb - because to this day I refer to both as Prince and Kanye West.

Not a statement for the royal we.

If Ellen Page never came out as trans and took her husband's surname would you be upset if credits were updated to reflect her correct name?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
If Ellen Page never came out as trans and took her husband's surname would you be upset if credits were updated to reflect her correct name?

No, but honestly, I'd probably keep referring to them by their Maiden name, because it's what I heard first and what I associate that person with. It's not a matter of upset, really. It's more like... going to a checkout that has those movable barriers in front of it to organize lines of people, but there's no one there except you, so you have to maneuver a maze when I should be able to go in a straight line.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What is with gamers and their Ellen page fetish. She was a very YOUNG LITTLE GIRL when she made the movies everyone remembers and now she’s a dude,

Stop being creepy gamers .. STOP

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Dude she was 23 when she did Inception. That is NOT a 'young little girl'
Inception isn’t one of the movies everyone remembers. It’s why there are more than one games with her likeness as a little girl.
So no that one movie isn’t an excuse.

Last edited:

mhirano

Mmmm Jackman as Joel. I have yet to see a movie where Hugh Jackman performs a decent and believable character. Not a huge fan of him Can someone recommend a great movie with him where his performance is great? I think the actual actors are doing great.
Les Miserables is great

Abby is probably going to be cast as someone hot as a switcheroo and we're all going to be left conflicted.
Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

dd8403332603db1a17faa53e2c36bf45ff078307.jpg

109585291_114962083623068_6046832172916899435_n.jpg
Wow, she's beautiful. What is it about face scanning that makes people look so weird?

Hoppa

This is stupid.

It also illustrates a point I had been blissfully unaware of until now: part of the reason these types are so into the changing of identities and the revision of previous accolades not just as part of some social movement. It illustrates perfectly how eager these groups are to control narrative, even if it doubles back around to their *own* narratives.

"Oh, I didn't come out as trans until now because I was still coming to terms with myself,"

"Well, duh! I used these insensitive slurs 14 years ago on a burner Twitter account, we are ALWAYS growing as people!"

"Well, this is a culturally relevant landmark film made 65 years ago, but it has no respect for fae folk, so we've digitally altered every white guy to be wearing pride colors,"

Where the fuck does it end?
Since it makes you so emotional just imagine she changed her name

Deuterium

When a woman takes her husband's surname, in marriage, she is not denying her fundamental, intrinsic human nature. She still understands, and all of society understands, that she is a woman. The sharing of the paternal surname is a public declaration that "two have become one", through marriage.

When a "trans" person changes their name, they are making a public declaration that they are denying their intrinsic nature, and denying fundamental reality. Furthermore, they insist other people participate in their delusion, performative contradiction, and formal lie.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Since it makes you so emotional just imagine she changed her name

Primo bait attempt, you're getting better!

I've never seen any of your posts before

Very, very little makes me emotional. Definitely not adult attention seeking. Unless the emotion is amusement. It's cool, though, you've learned their argument tactics:

Me: Thing is stupid. I don't conform my speech to other people's standards.

Dissenter: holy shit cry moar haha kek I rub out with your nazi tearssss

Okay, dude. I'll try to stop being sO cRaZy!

Last edited:

Hoppa

Primo bait attempt, you're getting better!

I've never seen any of your posts before

Very, very little makes me emotional. Definitely not adult attention seeking. Unless the emotion is amusement. It's cool, though, you've learned their argument tactics:

Me: Thing is stupid. I don't conform my speech to other people's standards.

Dissenter: holy shit cry moar haha kek I rub out with your nazi tearssss

Okay, dude. I'll try to stop being sO cRaZy!
Who asked whether you’ve seen my posts? Very random. You keep doing these roleplaying dialog bits making up things nobody said and getting heated over them so it obviously makes you emotional, nazi tears? Wtf? I was simply offering you a coping mechanism.

Majormaxxx

What is with gamers and their Ellen page fetish. She was a very YOUNG LITTLE GIRL when she made the movies everyone remembers and now she’s a dude,

Stop being creepy gamers .. STOP
She was like 20 in Juno. How is that a little girl? She was like 23 in Inception. Maybe 21 in Smart People...

What is up with people using "gamers" as a slur? Stop being a self-hating Adam Sessler wannabe.

Now Elliot is no longer a cute and quirky young girl, which was a huge part of the appeal that made Ellen popular. So it will be interesting to see him reinvent himself beyond just being an activist.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Who asked whether you’ve seen my posts? Very random. You keep doing these roleplaying dialog bits making up things nobody said and getting heated over them so it obviously makes you emotional, nazi tears? Wtf? I was simply offering you a coping mechanism.

Who is getting heated? Lmfao, stop reading other people's posts in your own voice.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
She was like 20 in Juno. How is that a little girl? She was like 23 in Inception. Maybe 21 in Smart People...

What is up with people using "gamers" as a slur? Stop being a self-hating Adam Sessler wannabe.

Now Elliot is no longer a cute and quirky young girl, which was a huge part of the appeal that made Ellen popular. So it will be interesting to see him reinvent himself beyond just being an activist.
20? 23? Most people on here are well over 30. That’s not helping your case.

Majormaxxx

20? 23? Most people on here are well over 30. That’s not helping your case.
They were her age or younger when these films came out. A college graduate-aged young person is an adult, not a little girl. So THAT is not helping your case. At least call her, at the time, young woman, not "little girl". There's nothing creepy about admiring a young actress - people in entertainment rise to fame in large portion because of their looks and youth.

Anyways - all the best to Elliot.

radewagon

We indulged Prince through all his image shifts. We call Kanye whatever he likes. A simple update of credit to reflect an actor's name change is not a big deal.
100% agreed. The trans thing just really seems to get people's goat. It's like the propaganda has worked too effectively and everything some people hear about the community that's negative falls into the warm embraces of a lovingly crafted confirmation bias.

You want to be Elliot Page, I'm cool with it. It's your identity. You do you.

Majormaxxx

Still sad to see what Ellen Page did to herself.
It is bizarre that a mental illness (yes it is an illness of the mind) causes people to chop off perfectly healthy and natural parts of their bodies. But people do much more extreme things - steroids, fat injections, silicon breasts and duck lips, female and male circumcisions etc... Strange World as Disney calls it :)

Last edited:
100% agreed. The trans thing just really seems to get people's goat. It's like the propaganda has worked too effectively and everything some people hear about the community that's negative falls into the warm embraces of a lovingly crafted confirmation bias.

You want to be Elliot Page, I'm cool with it. It's your identity. You do you.
Yeah, I'm not really on board with the politicizing of trans shit, even more so in media, but I don't really have a problem with the names being changed to better reflect who the person that did the role is especially if it's a contemporary (re)release.

Last edited:

krumble

Huge Flaming Queen Jackson..
Anyway, I didn't think this is a particularly good deep fake, could be much better, but good diy at home attempt.
Won't be long before the public have easy access point and click replace the actors tools, they have had these in the private sector for decades it's seems

krumble

Jimmy Fallon No Difference GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Also, to all the AI haters, there is no running from this. And it's going to transform our lives over the next decade the same way the internet did.

AI will be doing most of the concept art, story framework, animations, voice acting, textures creation, etc. It will even be used in ways similar to procedural generation but 1, 000x times more powerful. It will eventually allow for experiences and games that we didn't think possible.

Hate AI all you want...but if AI were Thanos

Avengers Endgame GIF
Can we stop calling this "AI" and definitely NOT use the term "generative AI" which seems to be the current buzz words marketing term for this.
As I understand the market and the private sector no-one has successfully demonstrated or proven that "Generative AI" has been achieved yet.
We have machine learning and advanced algorithms that are products of human programming at present. I believe the machine learning can make efficiencies in coding, but every piece of code or script I've asked chat gpt4 to create doesn't perform the full function I ask for.
If has ideas in the code presented that "could" be modified to then work, but as for this generative AI? We are not at the point that what they are telling us is an AI can then decide to do something of its own accord and teach itself how to do new things it's never known before.
They want to get there, but so far it still needs human input and correct direction for the algorithms and there are teams of thousands in under developed countries helping train these algorithms and have been for years. Slave Labour in poor countries used to train the efficiency of algorithms
The progress they have released to the public is good and impressive so far, but way behind what's behind closed doors, but let's stop with this "AI" rubbish until they manage to achieve the singularity?

Hugh Jackman always sounds so australian to me even when he's doing a gruffy american accent.

If by "transphobic", you mean rational people who do not accept the irrational, outrageous claims by trans-activists -- claims which contradict and are contrary to human nature, as understood by the natural light of human reason (including biological science) -- then count me as an asshole. Respectfully, I will wear your epithet with "pride".
Says the guy that works at microcenter.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Inception isn’t one of the movies everyone remembers. It’s why there are more than one games with her likeness as a little girl.
So no that one movie isn’t an excuse.
I remember her saying she was all "gushy" down there to Dwight Schrute in the movie Super.

Last edited:

Deuterium

Says the guy that works at microcenter.

???

Did you even mean to quote me? Not sure what you mean or are trying to say. Although, I am guessing you are trying to show support and approval for transgender ideology, including the tragic harm and violence done upon those suffering from psychological identity disorders, all under the Orwellian euphemistic pretense of "gender-affirming healthcare".

???

Did you even mean to quote me? Not sure what you mean or are trying to say. Although, I am guessing you are trying to show support and approval for transgender ideology, including the tragic harm and violence done upon those suffering from psychological identity disorders, all under the Orwellian euphemistic pretense of "gender-affirming healthcare".
Says who.
You??

Kdad

Says who.
You??
They're projecting...
???

Once again I'll ask, are you diagnosing Elliot Page?

Raven77

Can we stop calling this "AI" and definitely NOT use the term "generative AI" which seems to be the current buzz words marketing term for this.
As I understand the market and the private sector no-one has successfully demonstrated or proven that "Generative AI" has been achieved yet.
We have machine learning and advanced algorithms that are products of human programming at present. I believe the machine learning can make efficiencies in coding, but every piece of code or script I've asked chat gpt4 to create doesn't perform the full function I ask for.
If has ideas in the code presented that "could" be modified to then work, but as for this generative AI? We are not at the point that what they are telling us is an AI can then decide to do something of its own accord and teach itself how to do new things it's never known before.
They want to get there, but so far it still needs human input and correct direction for the algorithms and there are teams of thousands in under developed countries helping train these algorithms and have been for years. Slave Labour in poor countries used to train the efficiency of algorithms
The progress they have released to the public is good and impressive so far, but way behind what's behind closed doors, but let's stop with this "AI" rubbish until they manage to achieve the singularity?

Everything I've read says that chat GPT has already achieved generative AI. The G in GPT stands for generative.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Geniune question, if he now goes by Elliot Page which is fine, if Juno/X-Men or Beyond Two Souls gets re-released now? Is it still Ellen Page or does it get changed to Elliot in the Credits?
Theoretically no, it's called dead naming because they believe that person is dead so
By their logic*
Ellen Page is the actress from films like
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
Juno (2007)
Whip It (2009)
Interception (2010)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
and the TV Show The Umbrella Academy.

Elliott Page is the Actor that replace Ellen Pages character Vanya in The Umbrella Academy when Ellen Page passed away.

Top Bottom