• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Used AI to Replace The Last of US TV show's Lead Characters with Hugh Jackman's and Ellen Page's Face.

I_D

Although, I am guessing you are trying to show support and approval for transgender ideology, including the tragic harm and violence done upon those suffering from psychological identity disorders, all under the Orwellian euphemistic pretense of "gender-affirming healthcare".
I'm not gonna lie. When I saw this nonsensical comment, I was gonna jump in. You're just too damn easy of a target, in terms of idiocy. I couldn't help myself.
And this is coming from a person who deletes 99% of his comments before posting, because it simply isn't worth the time to keep up with the inevitable un-researched, illogical, biased, politically/religiously-motivated responses that barely make any sense.

This was going to be my opening statement:
"I would love to see how your credentials stack up against the thousands of trained, approved, and licensed doctors who support such an 'ideology.'"

But then I scrolled up a bit and saw this one:
When a woman takes her husband's surname, in marriage, she is not denying her fundamental, intrinsic human nature. She still understands, and all of society understands, that she is a woman. The sharing of the paternal surname is a public declaration that "two have become one", through marriage.

When a "trans" person changes their name, they are making a public declaration that they are denying their intrinsic nature, and denying fundamental reality. Furthermore, they insist other people participate in their delusion, performative contradiction, and formal lie.
Holy hell, dude.
You are hella-gone. Could you even possibly use more brainwashed terminology?

"Intrinsic human nature?"
"Public declaration?"
"Denying fundamental reality?"

I honestly dare you to find a person who speaks with more-brainwashed lingo than yourself. Look throughout all of time. Seriously...
You're right up there with the greatest of all cult leaders, in terms of your speech.

It's already obvious that, if you choose to respond to me, you'll just inevitably come up with some kind of crazy religion/politics-based response that barely makes any sense whatsoever, even for the greatest of linguists, philosophers, and scientists.
So now, of course, it's not even worth the discussion.
Just pretend I never said anything...

So, anyway...

Using AI to generate voices is an interesting topic.
It feels really close to libel, but it's a totally new element of the argument.

Technically, the actual person isn't guilty of anything; and, technically, the AI isn't actually misrepresenting anything since it's totally generated and the AI doesn't actually 'know' what it's doing.
But, technically, the AI is utilizing a person's 'image' to achieve a certain goal. And, without permission, that 'image' is probably not open for use (see the 'Back to the Future' series for a precedent).

But then, technically, a voice isn't actually an image. So... maybe it's okay?
And then, technically, who says the AI is actually copying a voice? How is it different from an impersonator doing a cover?

No matter how you look at it, it's certainly a weird legal-situation. And the funny thing is that emulated-voices is just the beginning.
We're less than five years (most likely) from entirely-fabricated videos of people who had nothing to do with whatever is in the video.

Crime-footage is certainly going to get interesting in the coming months/years....

CGNoire

Inception isn’t one of the movies everyone remembers. It’s why there are more than one games with her likeness as a little girl.
So no that one movie isn’t an excuse.
Dude she was 18 in xmen 3. Which is her earliest recognizable film role. Your clearly reaching.

hyperbertha

When a woman takes her husband's surname, in marriage, she is not denying her fundamental, intrinsic human nature. She still understands, and all of society understands, that she is a woman. The sharing of the paternal surname is a public declaration that "two have become one", through marriage.

When a "trans" person changes their name, they are making a public declaration that they are denying their intrinsic nature, and denying fundamental reality. Furthermore, they insist other people participate in their delusion, performative contradiction, and formal lie.
Technically, two have become one is an explicit denial of reality. They havn't become one. It's literal make believe.

Deuterium

Technically, two have become one is an explicit denial of reality. They havn't become one. It's literal make believe.

"its literal make believe" only if one deliberately tries to be superficial, obtuse, and otherwise a silly person.

However, the more reasonable will recognize the phrase "two become one" as a metaphor which expresses deeper truths. As a metaphor, it expresses the ideal of an inseparable union of two lives, between one man and one woman -- their unity (oneness) of love and devotion, and the unification of their individual lives into that of a family. The metaphor points towards a deeper reality -- that the unitive and procreative aspects of marriage, between a man and a woman, recapitulate the order of creation, by bringing new life into the world.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Dude she was 18 in xmen 3. Which is her earliest recognizable film role. You’re clearly reaching.
30+ somethings fantasying over a 18 year old is just as creepy as fantasizing over a 16/17 year old. 😵‍💫

But again these games with her likeness are very young girls. Which is even creepier.

CGNoire

30+ somethings fantasying over a 18 year old is just as creepy as fantasizing over a 16/17 year old. 😵‍💫

But again these games with her likeness are very young girls. Which is even creepier.
The 30 year olds where in there 20s or teens when it came out. Are you trolling or just bad at math?

Please post proof that anyone here in there 30s was salivating over her as a teenager?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The 30 year olds where in there 20s or teens when it came out. Are you trolling or just bad at math?

Please post proof that anyone here in there 30s was salivating over her as a teenager?
Dude it makes it worse if you are older now. Lol it doesn’t matter if you were both toddlers at the same time. 😵‍💫 It’s still creepy.
Sorry it doesn’t work that way.

Basically what you guys are saying are is .. “ hey remember when Ellen page was barely legal.. mmmm well now they made her even younger in this game! . oooohhh mmmmmm… “
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤢🤮

CGNoire

Dude it makes it worse if you are older now. Lol it doesn’t matter if you were both toddlers at the same time. 😵‍💫 It’s still creepy.

Basically what you guys are saying are is .. “ hey remember when Ellen page was barely legal.. mmmm well now they made her even younger in this game! . oooohhh mmmmmm… “
😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤢🤮
Who said that? Noone said anything like that?
I dont remember anyone thirsty for her even in x3?
I would argue people talking about her looks wasnt common until 2009-2010 which was years after Juno.

If your just gonna keep talking past people and never aknowledge anyones points then just ignore this whole post all together and move on since Im not wasting anymore time talking to a goalpost moving wall.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Can someone make a version with Nikolaj and Kaitlyn? It seems like they were the community favorites even before the tv show was officially announced.

Rickyiez

Mmmm Jackman as Joel. I have yet to see a movie where Hugh Jackman performs a decent and believable character. Not a huge fan of him Can someone recommend a great movie with him where his performance is great? I think the actual actors are doing great.
Hugh Jackman in The Prestige

hyperbertha

"its literal make believe" only if one deliberately tries to be superficial, obtuse, and otherwise a silly person.

However, the more reasonable will recognize the phrase "two become one" as a metaphor which expresses deeper truths. As a metaphor, it expresses the ideal of an inseparable union of two lives, between one man and one woman -- their unity (oneness) of love and devotion, and the unification of their individual lives into that of a family. The metaphor points towards a deeper reality -- that the unitive and procreative aspects of marriage, between a man and a woman, recapitulate the order of creation, by bringing new life into the world.
Ideal /= reality. Hence make believe. No union is inseperable.

Deuterium

Ideal /= reality. Hence make believe. No union is inseperable.
Too funny. Nice try twisting my words and saying something I never said.

Indeed, that was why I was careful to use the word “ideal”…to contrast and qualify the fact that we often fall short of the ideal, in reality. However, your logic down not follow. Just because “ideal” does not always, or necessarily correspond to reality, it does not follow that we don’t strive to instantiate the “ideal”, in reality.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
He/she could play Abby in the next season(s)

elliot-page-in-a-shirtless-selfie-right-elliot-page.jpg

elliot-page-1629030783.jpeg

Am I a woman? Nay.

Am I a man? Perish the thought.

Behold, my true form! Raiden in MGS4 epilogue!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤢🤮

I think the argument for those making it is more...

"Wow, back in the day, she was cute. Doesn't mean I've got a closet shrine of Beyond Two Souls, but I can definitely say that I'm not interested in men, or people with personality disorders, so I'm not So into it now!"

Like...I think glass chandeliers look prettier than ceiling fans, but I promise I'm not in a rush to fuck either one.

hyperbertha

Too funny. Nice try twisting my words and saying something I never said.

Indeed, that was why I was careful to use the word “ideal”…to contrast and qualify the fact that we often fall short of the ideal, in reality. However, your logic down not follow. Just because “ideal” does not always, or necessarily correspond to reality, it does not follow that we don’t strive to instantiate the “ideal”, in reality.
But you are doing the same thing you accuse elken page of. In the woke ideology, there is no such thing as gender. It's an ideal.

Deuterium

But you are doing the same thing you accuse elken page of. In the woke ideology, there is no such thing as gender. It's an ideal.

Hello Hyperbertha,

I do not understand what you mean when you say I am doing the same thing I accuse Ellen Page of doing? Of course I believe in an "ideal", because I believe in the real existence of Universals, Absolute Truths, Abstract objects/concepts, Propositions, etc.

I would cordially suggest that, like most post-modern "ideologies", WOKE / Intersectional ideology is completely relativistic and materialistic. As such, and according to such (poorly-formed) ideology, there are no absolute truths, no universals by which one can even make a comparison...that is, reality -vs- "ideal" (is -vs- ought).

Thus, by their own materialist philosophy (if they are being consistent), there really is no such thing as an "ideal" - that is to say, "ideal" objects or concepts do not have any real, human mind-independent existence. Such a concept, according to them, is mere Nominalism.

Top Bottom