• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony bro's - are you gonna get the Pro?

Will you answer the call?

• I will answer the call and upgrade to a Pro

Votes: 385 67.9%
  • I will reject the call and stay loyal

Votes: 182 32.1%

• Total voters
Oh yes.

Big Brother Strategy GIF by Big Brother Australia

Fredrik

Not a Sony bro but no, skipped PS4 Pro and will skip PS5 Pro as well, don’t like the idea of spending over $1200 on each console platform each gen. Plus, I have a PC in the living room now, unless the games age like milk or they stop doing PC ports I’ll just play them there later.

Once PS6 comes put I’ll probably jump in again, a new generation is more fun.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I'll wait until the ps6 pro. If there going to release a pro for every Gen now, why buy the base model? Might as well wait until it's games that take advantage of the hardware and are already patched to work.

AgatonSax

Yes, tired of choosing between Performance or Quality modes. Will also enable me to hold off on PS6 for a year or so.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Depends. Will they have games worth playing from their first parties again? The last few have been utterly dreadful. The only good titles have been either remakes of older titles or Japanese timed exclusives like FF7Rebirth.

Bojji

For sure, for console only games and time exclusives. I don't like playing inferior versions of games, I have trauma from PS3 days...

cray-lost-it.gif

Xaeroxcore666

Neo Member
Proud NOT to be a bro. Fuck the call, im keeping vanilla. First we must get more catalogue of actual next gen stuff for our existing PS5. By the way, officially nothing has been announced, but you are already willing to pay based on rumours. Then dont complain about scalpers when actual console is released and out of stock...your snobbish behavior probably will cause this...Or do you think they dont watch this forums?

Saiyan-Rox

Definitely not no

Which is what I tell myself until it's available and then I suddenly have one in my living room and have some debt to pay off.

twilo99

Depends. Will they have games worth playing from their first parties again? The last few have been utterly dreadful. The only good titles have been either remakes of older titles or Japanese timed exclusives like FF7Rebirth.

It will be a GTA box for a while but 1sr party should kick in soon enough

Tunned

My PS5 is collecting dust until GTAVI comes out. If GTA runs like a turd on the base PS5, I might upgrade, only GTA can have that effect on me.

midnightAI

You know what, I wasnt going to, I tend to just buy one console per manufacturer per generation (handhelds not included), but if those leaked specs are actually true there is a lot to be excited about that Sony's first party devs could really take advantage of.

So I have said tentatively yes, but it does depend on those leaked specs (and maybe wait until we see what the first party do with them, maybe)

Last edited:

FrankWza

Proud NOT to be a bro. Fuck the call, im keeping vanilla. First we must get more catalogue of actual next gen stuff for our existing PS5. By the way, officially nothing has been announced, but you are already willing to pay based on rumours. Then dont complain about scalpers when actual console is released and out of stock...your snobbish behavior probably will cause this...Or do you think they dont watch this forums?
If they're watching then they should know this poll would be 80%or higher if voting was publicly viewable.
The Avengers are on it
the avengers GIF

I mean, sooner or later they have to show something, the devs i listed are probably all in full on cooking time.

Yeah but are those games going to be exclusive, or only "exclusive" for a year or 6 months before going to PC? What if they're Day 1?

It took a while, but I think the PC port strategy the past few years have created a serious issue in terms of viability of new hardware like a Pro, at least for a few. I mean if the Nvidia leak continues to be true we could be in a scenario where the only current-gen 1P games exclusive to PS5 by the end of the year, are Astro's Playroom and Spiderman 2.

It shouldn't be that way but there's a good chance that's what it'll look like.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'll wait until the ps6 pro. If there going to release a pro for every Gen now, why buy the base model? Might as well wait until it's games that take advantage of the hardware and are already patched to work.
I think pretty much we've moved to a new paradigm now. PS5 pro will likely play all the games the PS6 plays for the first few years, much as we had cross Gen this time around.

So basically, get the best version of the games for 3/4 years then 3/4 years of lesser versions.

This has been the weirdest generation for me when it comes to Sony. Every Playstation from 1-4 and both handhelds were purchased within 2 years of launch and was never even a question of whether I would own one. This gen, I spent so much time trying to find one between 2020 and 2022 that I talked myself out of it thinking that a pro was imminent as time went along. But then over the past year I've also just looked at the landscape for what Sony had put out to this point and now I've moved to 'it looks like it's all coming to PC so why bother with a Playstation at all?' I swear I've talked myself into and subsequently out of a PS5 half a dozen times.

Iced Arcade

Naw. After the last Gen pro consoles, there really isn't a reason to waste the money for so little. I also don't have an 8k TV

We barely got games that are not cross gen this gen lol.

nial

Gold Member
Anyone that has an answer for sure right now is insane. We barely know anything about it and there are no games on the horizon to justify it. I’m a huge slut for Nintendo and think I am going to get their next console, but I am not sure yet because there’s no info. And that’s an entire next gen system - not just a minor upgrade. You guys need help - maybe this is the behavior Sony saw that made them go crazy the last few years.
Holy weirdo.

Hrk69

Anyone that has an answer for sure right now is insane. We barely know anything about it and there are no games on the horizon to justify it. I’m a huge slut for Nintendo and think I am going to get their next console, but I am not sure yet because there’s no info. And that’s an entire next gen system - not just a minor upgrade. You guys need help - maybe this is the behavior Sony saw that made them go crazy the last few years.
Didn't you hear? PS5 pro runs all AAA games in native 8K@120 fps

You are dumb if you don't buy it

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah but are those games going to be exclusive, or only "exclusive" for a year or 6 months before going to PC? What if they're Day 1?

It took a while, but I think the PC port strategy the past few years have created a serious issue in terms of viability of new hardware like a Pro, at least for a few. I mean if the Nvidia leak continues to be true we could be in a scenario where the only current-gen 1P games exclusive to PS5 by the end of the year, are Astro's Playroom and Spiderman 2.

It shouldn't be that way but there's a good chance that's what it'll look like.

Who cares? Most console gamers, even the diehards, simply prefer the console experience. They are not gonna build a PC because sweet baby spiderman is on steam. Just like PC gamers aren’t gonna make Ps their main platform for a small handful of exclusives. Sony has ruined your life with PC ports judging by the sheer amount of words you have typed on the subject in the last few years. If it’s bothering you so much just build a PC because there is no indication that they’re gonna stop and every indication that they’re gonna keep making ports.

El Muerto

No. I didn't bother getting a ps4 pro, i couldn't justify spending all that money on the same console that makes the games look a little better. With the lack of games it just doesn't seem worth it either. Haven't turned on my ps5 in a long time because nothing good has been released. I would just put that money toward a new graphics card.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m glad they’re making the Pro, but for someone like myself who doesn’t really mind waiting for PS5 timed exclusives, PC is already better than a PS5 Pro. I’m good.

Madjako

I got every playstations on day 1, including ps4 pro.
But this time I may not get the ps5 pro for 1 reason : each generation the gap in image quality is smaller, and if I want to keep a wow effect for the futur, I'm may wait for the ps6.
Not sure yet but this my today's mood !

Top Bottom