• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: War of the Damned - the conclusion of a legendary journey - Fri on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Is it me or does Crixus look like the man in those photos. The blonde in the blue dress is gorgeous. I hope she gets screentime in season 3
and then marries me.

I believe in a live stream of the premiere Gannicus mentioned something about what he did in episode 10. So I'm guessing he lives that long.

I do wonder if the cast will get killed off along the way or just all die in the last episode. I could see "minors" like Nasir or some of the Germans dying as motivation etc but I assume the big 4 live to the last episode.

Clipjoint

JTtsMTm.jpg

Ashur, fucking victor!

Ezio

Excited to see this tomorrow. It took awhile but Liam is finally growing on me, although no one can replace Andy. I'm glad they aren't stringing this series out for 5 or 6 seasons as well. I think 3 seasons and a mini-series tells the story aptly enough.

Nameless

As far as I'm concered the series was renamed "Gannicus" during Gods of The Arena.

Can't wait. All of the [glorious] sex, gore and vulgarity aside, the show's best quality is its excellent tragic storytelling. Definitely going to miss it when it's gone.

Moaradin

Just finished it. I thought it was great actually, despite the horrible video quality. Will watch again tomorrow when it airs. I liked some of the new cast. Crassus seems like he's gonna be a great character.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just finished it. I thought it was great actually, despite the horrible video quality. Will watch again tomorrow when it airs. I liked some of the new cast. Crassus seems like he's gonna be a great character.

Crassus was one of the most badass Romans. I really hope they do him justice.

Ripclawe

Banned
I would like to think after they killed off Ashur and watched the episode, all the writers and producers went.. "FUCK!!!!! who came up with killing him? Dumb Idea!"

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
As far as I'm concered the series was renamed "Gannicus" during Gods of The Arena.

Can't wait. All of the [glorious] sex, gore and vulgarity aside, the show's best quality is its excellent tragic storytelling. Definitely going to miss it when it's gone.
Gannicus should get his own spin-off detailing his exploits when he was a free man.

Mxrz

Didn't realize season 3 was starting tonight.

I liked season 2, but I never got around to rewatching it. So many people are dead, its going to be a little odd. The lack of Ashur is going to be the biggest thing, but he was well beyond kicking the puppy.

Even so, a spinoff could've been a huge hit. It could have focused on the schemes and depravity while Spartacus does the war and political stuff. Maybe season 3 will find someway to retain those elements still, but I doubt they'll be at the forefront.

Mxrz

Spartacus' people seemed a bit bloodthirsty and decadent, like the Romans last season. Doubt Crassus side will prove all that noble or whatnot, but it would be interesting change. I did think Crassus would
end up sparing the gladiator at the end.

Guess Caesar will be introduced in the next episode? Unless he turns out to suck, I'd be all for the show continuing with a spinoff with him. Probably enough material in his rise not to overlap with anything in Rome.

Inversive

Crassus was awesome, really good casting. I hope they do Julius justice too, i was hoping it would end with his unveiling. Good episode to kick the season off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom