• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoiler for the movie] Mortal Kombat leaked clip show Lao performing a gruesome signature fatality

Cravis

Can't be worse than the 1995 movie, right? 🤷‍♂️
get out GIF

JSoup

Banned
I was 12 when it came out and even then I cringed over how shit it was. 😅

No one watched that movie for the movie.
They wanted it for the soundtrack. The techno tracks were all the rage in 90s clubs.
Not the rest of the soundtrack, though. That was all strange vocal stuff that was kind of offputting.

No one watched that movie for the movie.
They wanted it for the soundtrack. The techno tracks were all the rage in 90s clubs.
Not the rest of the soundtrack, though. That was all strange vocal stuff that was kind of offputting.
Yeah well, I hated techno as well. Of course I remember how popular the soundtrack was though 😁

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the movie.

It is really bad.
The problem with this take and saying a movie is bad, is that I don't know how much of a movie snob you are.

Is Fast and Furious a bad set of movies? Yes they are. However, did I have a ton of fun watching them drift in Tokyo, launch cars off of bridges, and drag a giant safe vault down multiple streets during a cop chase and treat it like a power up in Mario Kart?

tenor.gif

MiguelItUp

Okay, this actually looks really cool, lmao. Even if the movie is pretty stupid, at least they got the gore right, haha.

Dacon

Banned
Saw the movie on Thursday. It's okay-ish.
Overall I enjoyed the tons of fan service (I wish our local distributor didn't translate the classic phrases, like "Flawless victory"), but not the original stuff, like the main character and the mark/arcana concept.

If I had the opportunity, I would have streamed it rather than going to a movie theater.

Can you spoil it for me in DMs?

Looks a bit silly just like in the game and thats good. now if you want to see a brutal kill watch Bone Tomahawk (2015), that kill at the ending....

Lanrutcon

Almost every single cool thing about the movie has been leaked anyway.

Spoiler: roughly 10% of the movie is watchable, the rest makes the 1995 movie look like an absolute objective masterpiece of cinema.

If it wasn't for Kano they'd have labeled the movie a war crime.

Top Bottom