• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX3: Worth $20? Which version?

SickBoy

So assuming it's around still around, I might pick up SSX3 tomorrow, since it's got a low low price. Both the Xbox and PS2 versions are available for around $20US after tax.

I liked Tricky after getting used to it, but one of the things I liked was the courses, and it seems like the more open concept of SSX3 takes that away to a degree.

Still, $20 is cheap. How much is SSX3 worth?

...and which version is better? The Xbox version or the PS2? I know the PS2 has got online play, but I'm not sure how often I'd really play it on the Internet.

-SB

BuddyC

Yes, the PS2 version. Controls are better. If you have to get XB of GC, they'll suffice, but if you can, get PS2.

epmode

it's worth much more than $20. get the ps2 version. better controls, and it still manages to support prog scan. (the online mode is terrible, btw)

Matlock

Banned
PS2 version. Best controls, bloom lighting, some better particle effects in the snow.

And it's the best snowboarding game around.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I had no problems with playing it on Xbox. Switch to Pro-controller config and you are good to go with easy access to all 4 trick buttons, faster loading and 5.1 audio.

But yea, PS2 is probably all good as well. And the game IS pretty dope.

Matlock said:
That's all the Xbox version has over the PS2 version. The output is not a true 5.1. :p

Yep.

PS2 SSX using DTS mode = Xbox SSX using Dolby Digital

Other than that, PS2 version reigns supreme.

Gek54 said:
DTS>Dolby Digital

When it comes to ingame audio, thats a junk argument. Both of the standards have so little bandwidth to deal with in real time that they can't even pull out a full 5.1.

Not that I would want to argue for the Xbox version though (bleh)

Top Bottom