• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Discovery is thankfully over, and they revealed the mystery around David Cronenberg's character in the end

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I almost want to try and watch Discovery again just so I can see the whole plot line with Daniels. I'm a big fan of Enterprise and absolutely love Captain Jonathan Archer.

Last edited:

Laptop1991

I watched a few of the 1st season and didn't like the show or the focus on one character, i never tried it again after that, it wasn't Star Trek to me.

StueyDuck

Didn't watch the final season of DISCO. They were basing it off the TNG episode "The Chase" and, uh, nope.

But they did reveal the mystery of who David Cronenberg's character is. Ever since DISCO got to the 31st century he's been this guy who knows everything but tells them nothing. Instead of making him just be David Cronenberg, he's a character from Enterprise:

He's the temporal cold war guy "Daniels" from Enterprise:
star-trek-daniels-matt-winston.png

I didn't watch the show... and I'm a general watcher of TNG, as in I've seen the series and have watched many episodes many times but I haven't burnt it into my synapses as some sort of super fan.

Overall I just am not seeing how this "brings you to tears". Do we still use that cliche on social media to suggest that something is good?

Again not sure about the show, haven't watched it. People are saying the reveal is done well and that's cool, but looking at it from a casual TNG fans perspective I wouldn't see myself balling my eyes out in all the emotions 🤣

Darkmakaimura

I can't believe Discovery lasted longer than Enterprise, which in my opinion was a great show. It still bothers me how they canceled it and it only had four seasons and they had to rush the ending.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just wanted to say something because I just remembered something...

Someone was saying how Discovery wasn't military minded like TNG... since StarFleet is effectively the military AND exploration arm of The UFP... Yet they were just as relaxed and "Family" as TOS ... It was more rigid with TNG, DS9, etc ... They're back to how they were in the TOS era.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I watched two episodes of both this and Picard and man ..... I have a high tolerance for shitty sci-fi TV, but Nu Trek was / is miserable. The writing, direction, and tone were all wrong for Star Trek. I am surprised it lasted so long. It obviously has its fans in large numbers, but it sure wasn't for me.

Darkmakaimura

I watched two episodes of both this and Picard and man ..... I have a high tolerance for shitty sci-fi TV, but Nu Trek was / is miserable. The writing, direction, and tone were all wrong for Star Trek. I am surprised it lasted so long. It obviously has its fans in large numbers, but it sure wasn't for me.
Picard season 3 is actually pretty good.

Top Bottom