• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Picard Season 3 |OT| The Next Generation's Fifth Movie

Pagusas

Elden Member
He’s based on Quint from Jaws. That was always supposed to happen.
Oh I know, I still started to like him though and would have liked him kept alive lol.

Also, stupid question, maybe already answered, but "All Good Things" doesn't the Farpoint doctor crusher scan Picard and confirm Irumodic syndrome? That was way before encountering the borg.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Academy is the replacement for DISCO. So they can still do Legacy with Picard being over.

Let's hope so. I was really hoping that hack would just piss off and let Matalas run the whole thing, but no. He's still failing upwards, like Goldsman. Starfleet Academy will be terrible.

nush

Ehhh. Gets me pumped for whats coming? An all out battle to SAVE TEH UNIVERSE??!?!?!

Don't do this to yourself, they'll have all the starfleet ships to form up in a cube configuration to fight the Borg cube. Then Picard will say "Resistance isn't futile. Fire."

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Don't do this to yourself, they'll have all the starfleet ships to form up in a cube configuration to fight the Borg cube. Then Picard will say "Resistance isn't futile. Fire."

I bet he somehow gets through to Jack, because he's his son, and together they turn all of the Starfleet ships on the Borg.

You can see all this shit coming from a mile off, and I'll still love every second of it.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
A small thing, but significant: I'm so glad that they found a narrative reason to keep Raffi and Commander Hansen (*yes, referring to her as this from now on since I find her reaction to her real name childish) off the bridge of the Enterprise D. Just seeing their faces mixed in with the crew would have ruined the shot.

The whole first 9 hours now feels like an interesting writing exercise: given the current situation of Star Trek, can you find a narrative path to get all 7 of the original crew (including some incarnation of Data, you'll have to work that out) to come together and arrive on board the original Enterprise D bridge, in under 9 hours? If so we'll greenlight it and give you 10th hour of payoff time for free.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Correction... My bad... The changelings put Picard's changed DNA into the transporters... Which is why THEY didn't use the transporters NOR Ro Laren.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Also, stupid question, maybe already answered, but "All Good Things" doesn't the Farpoint doctor crusher scan Picard and confirm Irumodic syndrome? That was way before encountering the borg.
That would be a major contradiction, but I believe you are misremembering.

I’m fairly certain that it was in the “present” time (season 7) that he has Crusher scan him to confirm the syndrome from his future visions, not the past Crusher from Farpoint.

Pagusas

Elden Member
That would be a major contradiction, but I believe you are misremembering.

I’m fairly certain that it was in the “present” time (season 7) that he has Crusher scan him to confirm the syndrome from his future visions, not the past Crusher from Farpoint.
Ah good, it’s been awhile since I last saw it, glad it’s my bad memory and not an oversight.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If Shaw by some miracle survives I want him to continue to refer to her as Hansen and say that it never happened ("I was delirious"),

Don’t get caught up in the culture war shit some fucking idiots are trying to force on it. He called her Hansen because he despises the Borg. But in the end he called her Seven as a show of his trust in her to take command.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Don’t get caught up in the culture war shit some fucking idiots are trying to force on it. He called her Hansen because he despises the Borg. But in the end he called her Seven as a show of his trust in her to take command.
I don't think it's meant to fit precisely onto the cultural topic, but it's still extremely annoying, like pretty much everything involving Seven. I really can't stand her actress, particularly the constant lack of emotional control and borderline rage which seems to be her only emotion, and should be totally disqualifying for her to ever come near a high post like Commander.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The only things that resemble start trek on this show are the washed up actors and the title.

Go Away Goodbye GIF by CBS

Last edited:

Power Pro

Really seems like some people have really turned on the series because the reveal of it being another Borg villain story. I can empathize, cuz that is probably one of the most disappointing aspects of the show so far.

However, like I've stated already in this thread....even if the season ends up not being perfect, it's given me a lot personally that has made me happy. It's pulled off the impossible in a number of ways, and I actually enjoy watching it more than most of the TNG films.

Yeah, the last part of episode 9 is totally them jerking the fans off, but ya know...I'll take it. When it's done with such care and respect, I can appreciate it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Really seems like some people have really turned on the series because the reveal of it being another Borg villain story. I can empathize, cuz that is probably one of the most disappointing aspects of the show so far.
This is meant to be TNG’s Undiscovered Country. That movie sent the TOS crew off by using their biggest villain. That’s why it’s the Borg in this.

Episode 10 teaser:

Looks like that
spot of the fleet going to warp which showed the Enterprise F in the early promos is in response to what's going to happen in the video.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Episode 10 teaser:

Looks like that
spot of the fleet going to warp which showed the Enterprise F in the early promos is in response to what's going to happen in the video.

Beautiful shot, It so cool seeing the scars on the saucer section from the crash landing.

Locutus

This may be the most tragic part of having two seasons of absolute shit lead up to season three. Can you imagine the reaction to this Borg plot if Kurtzman hadn’t fumbled the Borg recently? We would all be losing our minds even more than we already are.

I just try to forget that the first two seasons of Picard ever happened.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This may be the most tragic part of having two seasons of absolute shit lead up to season three. Can you imagine the reaction to this Borg plot if Kurtzman hadn’t fumbled the Borg recently? We would all be losing our minds even more than we already are.

I just try to forget that the first two seasons of Picard ever happened.

The fact Kuntzman is back for his shitty Starfleet Academy show proves that they have no idea what to do with this franchise. Picard now has its largest ratings in the whole of nu-Trek... And they still haven't just handed it all over to Matalas.

Hollywood’s biggest problem right now is continuing to support these dreadful ‘creatives’ due to contractual obligations and straight up nepotism. See also Star Wars, the MCU and Lord Of The Rings.

No one gets fired any more for producing shit, and nobody gets rewarded for doing good.

Locutus

Maybe Starfleet Academy will star Elnor. That sounds like a really good show and I'd be sure to tune in.
My dream plot for Starfleet Academy season 1: Rafi stops by Starfleet Academy to see her friend Elnor. Halfway through the first episode the JemHadar attack the the Academy and kidnap both of them. Over the next seven episodes they are slowly tortured to death.

In season two the JemHadar learn the secret of time travel and go back in time to torture that asshole who smoked the cigar in seasons one and two.

Top Bottom