• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Main Character Already Hit With Criticism Due to Ubisoft Changing Actress Apperance

ShadowLag

These developers continue to perplex me. Why get a beautiful model just to reduce their looks in the final product? Just get an average or ugly looking model and just duplicate her appearance or likeness in that case.
the dark knight joker GIF

kyussman

They cut off her tits.......that says everthing about modern video game devs and their insane agenda......fuck all of 'em,they will not get another penny out of me until this bullshit ends.

Rickyiez

aDpBZua.png

e9WKp5Y.jpg

Mw7lXEr.jpg
XeGLi2r.jpg
uxOjE7c.jpg

If this is an ugly woman to gamer bros, then reality must really be skewed these days lol.
The in-game model is not the worst , and you picked a few where she looks decent . But the developer could have done a better job and kept her looking more like the original mocap actress .

kxb3pixh39vzpkiv.jpg

6ea4171c7e8f1df60e9ac063071b55d912812f97.gif

humberly-gonzalez_0004.jpeg

At least Kojima would make sure of that , look at how Lea Seydoux , still looks like her despite the different hair

Breaking-Down-the-Secrets-of-the-Death-Stranding-2-Trailer-Timelines-1024x578.jpg

death-stranding-2-lea-seydoux-fragile-65bad5556e698.png

Last edited:

GymWolf

It’s hard to believe that someone that looks like the real model is capable of doing the things the character does in the game, so I think they try to make the character look “rougher” on purpose but either way it’s stupid because they could just use a male main character instead.
Yeah because good looking female fighters don't exist in real life.

Zheph

The in-game model is not the worst , and you picked a few where she looks decent . But the developer could have done a better job and kept her looking more like the original mocap actress .

kxb3pixh39vzpkiv.jpg

At least Kojima would make sure of that , look at how Lea Seydoux , still looks like her despite the different hair

Breaking-Down-the-Secrets-of-the-Death-Stranding-2-Trailer-Timelines-1024x578.jpg

Décima engine is much better than the stuff Ubisoft is cooking with imo

FunkMiller

I'd have no real issues with the way she looks, if they were creating an interesting, three dimensional character, with flaws, understandable motivations and an arc.

But she's not going to be that, is she?

She's going to be another fucking girl boss, who is always right, and her only problem is that other people won't let her be who she wants to be.

FunkMiller

kxb3pixh39vzpkiv.jpg

The culture war stuff really does get in the way of what the actual discussions should be:

How fucking lazy and poor Ubisoft are in every respect of video game production.

I'd have no real issues with the way she looks, if they were creating an interesting, three dimensional character, with flaws, understandable motivations and an arc.

But she's not going to be that, is she?

She's going to be another fucking girl boss, who is always right, and her only problem is that other people won't let her be who she wants to be.
Real men admire and appreciate strong women.

Buggy Loop

Why do you think Ubisoft would hire you based on your talents? They hire based on identity and diversity.

If you look like this, Ubisoft would absolutely invite you for a talk about your future at their company. You'd fit right in.

What about this chap?
8582c702a408fd1b80304bc4a2587b62.jpg

Or is purple hair now so plain, not enough colors..

Last edited:

aries_71

I don’t think their modelers did this on purpose. This is probably the best they can get with the tools, engine or talent available. It‘s not a political statement as much as a proof of mediocrity.

Mr Moose

Have you seen the trailers or just these two screenshots? Shes looking fine. No super model but not this Gollum on this picture either.
Dont be like Era guys and dont echo chamber shit just look stuff up ny yoursel and then judge.

This Gollum?

DanielG165

kxb3pixh39vzpkiv.jpg

Did Massive ever explicitly state that they were going to use González’s likeness in the game? Motion capture does not always correlate with the end character being the spitting image of their portrayer.

Rickyiez

Did Massive ever explicitly state that they were going to use González’s likeness in the game? Motion capture does not always correlate with the end character being the spitting image of their portrayer.
They didn't, but it's obvious that there is an certain agenda going on with American developers in making women uglier than the reality.

Case in point another Star war game. Her actual person looks so much better than whatever the travesty of her in-game model.
Cere_JFA.png

m29862.jpg

Zheph

They didn't, but it's obvious that there is an certain agenda going on with American developers in making women uglier than the reality.

Case in point another Star war game. Her actual person looks so much better than whatever the travesty of her in-game model.
Cere_JFA.png

m29862.jpg
To be fair for Jedi, the hero Cal looks well weird next to the actor

omegasc

Might be a long shot, but maybe motion capture data went awry sometimes and they didn't care to fix it? I remember Insomniac saying the capture data they got for the 1st Peter Parker not matching the more detailed model for the Remaster was the reason they recast it. Maybe it's BS but I'm just wondering.

100% Disagree. A strong woman can still be a submissive woman. The two terms are not mutually exclusive.
In my years of different relationships, this is my experience. Submissive women aren't strong. They can pretend to be though.
Unless you're into role playing.
The women I dated who were submissive always were the passive ones. Not making decisions, always agreeing. Not fitghting back in an argument.... Its tiring.

Its like a girlfriend on Easy mode. I like a challenge.

But again. This is MY experience.

Last edited:
In my years of different relationships, this is my experience. Submissive women aren't strong. They can pretend to be though.
Unless you're into role playing.
The women I dated who were submissive always were the passive ones. Not making decisions, always agreeing. Not fitghting back in an argument.... Its tiring.

Its like a girlfriend on Easy mode. I like a challenge.

But again. This is MY experience.

I think you are confusing two different things. Being submissive means that you "submit" to someone else. Though not necessarily in a slave/master type relationship, but rather a respectfully submissively relationship.
In the case we are talking about, a woman can be strong in that she can be a career oriented woman, a leader, good mother and a overall role modal and still recognize her husband/so as the head of their household (submission).
Not that he is lording over her, but she recognizes the level of authority in the household. Some relationships operate that way like it or not.

I think you probably like a feisty person who gives you a challenge and that's fine. But, that person can also be submissive. Heck, unless you work for yourself, we are all have a boss we are submissive to. lol

Sethbacca

dunno was this posted before as i didnt noticed but anyways
same game but male char:

4ziYlm3.jpeg
They changed his hair line, his eye shape, increased the size of his lips, gave him bigger ears, and made his freckles more prominent. I'm not sure if you're implying they don't change the men, but they clearly do.

Last edited:
I think you are confusing two different things. Being submissive means that you "submit" to someone else. Though not necessarily in a slave/master type relationship, but rather a respectfully submissively relationship.
In the case we are talking about, a woman can be strong in that she can be a career oriented woman, a leader, good mother and a overall role modal and still recognize her husband/so as the head of their household (submission).
Not that he is lording over her, but she recognizes the level of authority in the household. Some relationships operate that way like it or not.

I think you probably like a feisty person who gives you a challenge and that's fine. But, that person can also be submissive. Heck, unless you work for yourself, we are all have a boss we are submissive to. lol
I get where you are going and I understand now. Yes thats what I mean. Sorry for the confusion. :)

1 of my short flings was exactly this. Submissive in the relationship but she was a cut throat manager.

That's because in the east that is literally the goal for what they perceive as "beautiful," doll like is the goal.

On the flipside the west's goal is diversity, which they have in spaids as long as that diversity stays a long way away from what the west's idea of beauty is.
The east does better in diversity and grounded as well. My dragons dogma 2 team is totally different. I have a my main, character based on fantasy version of myself (of course with muscles and more attractive face). My pawn i stuck with more of the default face and she looks like Shannon Daugherty from 20 years ago. My current other pawn is an old man mage with a wizard hat. My last pawn is a 7ft tall super pale woman with huge two hander named Scarlet.
All look like normal people. All the pawns, white, black and everything in between man and woman look like they could come straight from the real world. Hell I had Geralt of Rivia, and Legolas as my pawns at one point.

Capcom modled the official pawns off of real people. Hell we have a Asmongold pawn that looks like the youtuber. The west can do this shit too, they just purposely uglify. Take a look at starfield. It doesn't feel like the real world, well I guess maybe Brazil, if everyone there was ugly (skyrim looks more like real poeople to me, and that is saying something). The west used to make attractive women. Miranda, Morigan, Nolf, Lara Croft, etc... Now only Eastern, Eastern European, AA games, and mobile games make attractive or real looking people that aren't beat with the ugly stick.

I feel immersion in DD2. Capcom nailed it with real diversity. It doesn't feel out of place either as the armor and clothing match the setting. Its telling when random characters made with a user character creator look better than hand made main characters in other games. Oh in DD2 you can also have fat people, skinny people, midgets, etc... They all look like people that could exist. I can't explain it but everyone feels right in this game. (if you couldn't tell I really love dd)

dragon-s-dogma-2-custom-characters-split-image.jpg
dragons-dogma-2-characters-ulrika.jpg
ab2480f5f465-wilhelmina-will-become-a-romance-interest-if-you-help-her-out.jpg
Dragons-Dogma-2-Pawn-running.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

They changed his hair line, his eye shape, increased the size of his lips, gave him bigger ears, and made his freckles more prominent. I'm not sure if you're implying they don't change the men, but they clearly do.
And he still look almost identical and super recognizible by anyone even remotely familiar with the actor, how about that?

Now do a face off between man bat and the real life model, i'll wait.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

And he still look almost identical and super recognizible by anyone familiar with actor, how about that?

Now do a face off between man bat and the real life model, i'll wait.
Different engines, lighting models, her hair in character is wildly different from her actual hair, and the fact that we don't know whether using her actual full likeness was ever the intent makes any comparison between the two largely irrelevant. My point still stands that people are upset about them altering women models but they're clearly altering the men too. Monaghan was also famous well before the games came out, whereas I have no idea who this actress is. Monaghan as a famous actor is a clear selling point for Jedi games, but you wouldn't be able to use some largely unknown actress to sell a game and thus preserving her likeness is less of an interest to begin with.

In reality, I question whether 90% of the guys that actually pay attention to any of this culture war bullshit have ever actually woken up next to a woman.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Different engines, lighting models, her hair in character is wildly different from her actual hair, and the fact that we don't know whether using her actual full likeness was ever the intent makes any comparison between the two largely irrelevant. My point still stands that people are upset about them altering women models but they're clearly altering the men too. Monaghan was also famous well before the games came out, whereas I have no idea who this actress is. Monaghan as a famous actor is a clear selling point for Jedi games, but you wouldn't be able to use some largely unknown actress to sell a game and thus preserving her likeness is less of an interest to begin with.

In reality, I question whether 90% of the guys that actually pay attention to any of this culture war bullshit have ever actually woken up next to a woman.
Even when they change the men models, they still remain good looking (if the real model is good looking of course), this is the point you don't understand, they don't go out of their way to make them uglier, the jedi game protagonist just look a bit different, not uglier.

You could have avoided the last line dude, if you have to to insult everyone that has a different opinion then it's not even worth to quote you anymore, that sound exactly like when the purple cuckos think that everyone that want a good looking protagonist it's because they have to jerk on them, it sound like projection more than anything else.

Last edited:

CGNoire

It's funny how people here are accusing others of cherrypicking the worst shots to make the game's protagonist look bad and then Ubisoft is using the exact same shots....
1 shot you mean. Which wasnt even the bad ones. Its cherrypicking because its blantantly propoganda to choose inbetween speech shots to make people look like freaks and has been used as a standard practice in political attack ads since forever. Grab some shots of your hottest protags and fhey all look way worse mid speech. Its a tactic as old as time. This thread is full of such Hyperbole.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Honestly, it's not even about how attractive she is, i don't particularly care about that in games like this, it's just a boring ass character design - the hair also looks terrible.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Cere_JFA.png

m29862.jpg
Now post a recent picture, not some red carpet glam shot from the past.

bumpkin

I don’t presume that every character needs to resemble their voice actor, but given they have in recent SW games like Jedi Survivor, I don’t understand the pivot. Especially the pivot to making Kay homely as fuck.

Sethbacca

You could have avoided the last line dude, if you have to to insult everyone that has a different opinion then it's not even worth to quote you anymore, that sound exactly like when the purple cuckos think that everyone that want a good looking protagonist it's because they have to jerk on them, it sound like projection more than anything else.
The whole argument in this thread is, on it's face (pun intended), barely worth looking at or discussing. It permeates way too many of the threads on this board. If this place wasn't obsessed with talking about REE, or saying something is WOKE or DEI then there would be almost nothing posted around here. The culture wars are fucking retarded and so yeah, my opinion of the dudes that engage in this nonsense is pretty low.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

None of the things you mentioned are true. Hairline is identical, lip size is the same, ears are the same and freckles can become more noticeable when they get more sun exposure. (Plus those freckles will the first things to be edited out of official press photos)

243594.jpg

CGNoire

The whole argument in this thread is, on it's face (pun intended), barely worth looking at or discussing. It permeates way too many of the threads on this board. If this place wasn't obsessed with talking about REE, or saying something is WOKE or DEI then there would be almost nothing posted around here. The culture wars are fucking retarded and so yeah, my opinion of the dudes that engage in this nonsense is pretty low.
The culture war cares about you and your children reguardless of whether you care about it. Everyone, even the both side bystanders are voting on it.

Sethbacca

The culture war cares about you and your children reguardless of whether you care about it. Everyone, even the both side bystanders are voting on it.
There are a whole lot of people tilting at windmills, most of us think you're all ridiculous.

Top Bottom