• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield in the polish/optimization stage of development

Flutta

Banned
Fallout 76 was a broken unfinished mess during release, it’s still fresh in my mind. Why should i believe this will be any different? Their track record doesnt make them any favours either. People should wait for trusted reviewers to Review the game before giving these companies their money. That’s the only languege they’ll understand sadly.

Bethesda polishing and optimizing a game ?

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Metnut

Hopefully it’s a better result than their last effort. They have a lot of prove after the Fallout76 debacle. They better take all the time they need.

Good. It'll still likely release a complete bug-fest but if they can at least get the game-breaking ones sorted that would give the community bug fixers a head start.

In any case I can't wait.

Stuart360

Bethesda might just be the only studio I forgive the bugs. No ones makes games like them.
Well thats why they have always 'got away' with the bugs in their games, becaue the games wre so good. Fallout 76 put a spanner in the works with that though.
Its obvious there will still be bugs with Starfield (what game these days doesnt?), but hopefully any major ones will be sorted for release.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Different studio IIRC.

No, you're right. But people will argue with you because they don't understand how Bethesda game studios is made up of four separate developers (Rockville, Montreal, Dallas, and Austin) and because FO76 has the main Bethesda studio logo on it, it's all the same.

Rockville is the core FO/TESO studio where Howard is. Austin did FO76, and Dallas hasn't actually published a Besthesda title yet and has just been a support studio for Starfield.

Stuart360

There were strong rumours last year that the game was going to release last Fall, then rumours of early this year, then we got the official release date of Fall 2022.
I think Microsoft know they have a potential monster on their hands with Starfield, a real 'system seller', and they have given Bethesda the time to get it right.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FO76 was done by Bethesda Austin. Starfield is Rockville with support from Dallas.
Exactly, so lack of dev time is certainly not an issue.

I think we're only talking about it cause we haven't seen the game outside of the one trailer and concept stuff.

Bethesda seems to be keeping this one close to their chest before they inevitably do an E3 blow out this year.

Stuart360

Exactly, so lack of dev time is certainly not an issue.

I think we're only talking about it cause we haven't seen the game outside of the one trailer and concept stuff.

Bethesda seems to be keeping this one close to their chest before they inevitably do an E3 blow out this year.
Todd has said numerous times that he doesnt like showing his games off until the E3 before release. We are lucky really that we even got the teaser, we got nothing of Fallout 4 until E3 before release.

Concern

There were strong rumours last year that the game was going to release last Fall, then rumours of early this year, then we got the official release date of Fall 2022.
I think Microsoft know they have a potential monster on their hands with Starfield, a real 'system seller', and they have given Bethesda the time to get it right.

Im not really interested in Starfield but there's definitely a market for it, judging by the hype. Im more interested in seeing Avowed.

But at least if I change my mind on it, I can always just download it from Gamepass, "the best deal in gaming" (sorry I couldn't help myself lol)

Top Bottom