• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD - internal memo from Todd Howard sent today to colleagues

Flutta

Banned
How many cringy Starfield threads do Gaf need?

Jimmy Fallon Cringe GIF

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Lol...

"Internal memo"

There's literally a paragraph dedicated to Phil Spencer 🤣 why the fuck would the guy who paints the bushes care about that

Good luck to the real team and the launch though (not this fake marketing), I hope it goes well
Well, he paid a lot of money, so...

Killer8

Lol...

"Internal memo"

There's literally a paragraph dedicated to Phil Spencer 🤣 why the fuck would the guy who paints the bushes care about that

Good luck to the real team and the launch though (not this fake marketing), I hope it goes well

By nearly all accounts of the people who've worked with him and know him, Phil Spencer is an amazing guy. It's not surprising in the least.

This forum just has a massive hateboner over him because their plastic box isn't getting as many games as they'd like (PS5 via the Activision deal and Xbox via their first party fumbles).

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
And of course, there is Phil Spencer. His support of every game and every player has been unwavering and fierce. Joining Xbox brought us closer to so many we had worked with for over 20 years. I cannot imagine a better place to create games, where the diversity of studios, creators, and games are allowed to flourish. This support came from the entire Xbox leadership team and all areas of publishing and dev support.

Brown nose achievement unlocked.

Montauk

So is now gonna turn into another 100 page heated argument, this time over corporate culture? Really?

Over what is basically more Starfield PR.

StueyDuck

By nearly all accounts of the people who've worked with him and know him, Phil Spencer is an amazing guy. It's not surprising in the least.

This forum just has a massive hateboner over him because their plastic box isn't getting as many games as they'd like (PS5 via the Activision deal and Xbox via their first party fumbles).
Who cares if he's a "nice guy".

They're corporate figureheads and those who don't have allegiance to any plastic box should see them all as shitty. He doesn't think of you or anyone at Bethesda when he cashes in his cheque of millions of dollars each month 🤣.

The thread is about how this is 100% a fake ad however, nothing about Phil Spencer, he was just an example of how it was a blatant ad. I'm sorry I spoke ill of the messiah However, I will earn some achievement points to repent

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Where were you when you read Todd's Internal Memo?

What platform did you read the Memo on?

Did you cry when you read the Memo?

I can keep going my friend.
This is how you now when a person is balls deep in to those corpo butts.

They get triggered even when a PR memo is getting critsized for being cringy PR pooop.

So yeah keep going "friend"...... or better yet go to a mirror and get a deep look into yourself and ask (why do i like to lick corpo butts so much).

Untill then good luck in your future corpo licking endeavours!

Sorcerer

Incoming Phil Spencer character and storyline expansion for Starfield?
I'm sure Todd means "Thank's Phil for the influx of money and the ability to launch a bit later so the game would launch a little less buggy".
9999 bugs as opposed to 10,000 bugs.

HL3.exe

Actually a cute 'look back'. Altman's passing must have been though.

But Bethesda.. give Obsidian your updated tools/engine and let them make New Vegas 2 (or some other spiritual successor). They're internal at Xbox too, so....

Let them make a actually good Roleplaying Game! (note: I still like Bethesda's games as a exploration sim / immersive sim-lite. But their roleplaying possibilities have always been mid)

Killer8

Who cares if he's a "nice guy".

You'll go far in life with that attitude.

They're corporate figureheads and those who don't have allegiance to any plastic box should see them all as shitty. He doesn't think of you or anyone at Bethesda when he cashes in his cheque of millions of dollars each month 🤣.

Of course he doesn't think of me - he doesn't know me. The point is that people who actually personally interact with and work with the guy say that he's a great and supportive dude. This has been a repeated sentiment throughout the industry. This is likely a fluff piece, but the sole sentence in the whole thing thanking Phil for the support is odd to focus on.

People have become so jaded that they can't imagine a world where someone publicly praising someone else can be at all genuine. And apparently recognizing that an exec can be a step up from the typical bean-counting ghoul that works for these companies is bootlicking.

Zheph

well done to the team, thoses games are a lot of work and it seems they worked hard on their engine to prevent many bugs

StueyDuck

You'll go far in life with that attitude.
how many Philly pee pee sucks does one need to get far in life?
Of course he doesn't think of me - he doesn't know me. The point is that people who actually personally interact with and work with the guy say that he's a great and supportive dude. This has been a repeated sentiment throughout the industry. This is likely a fluff piece, but the sole sentence in the whole thing thanking Phil for the support is odd to focus on.
Again who actually cares if hes a nice guy. But do you really think his peers are going to criticize and demonize him to the public? If you believe you truly know anything about the guy you are way off, he could be a Saint but he can also be a devil, we will never truly know and let's not pretend we do
People have become so jaded that they can't imagine a world where someone publicly praising someone else can be at all genuine. And apparently recognizing that an exec can be a step up from the typical bean-counting ghoul that works for these companies is bootlicking.
It's not becoming jaded, it's called having a brain. 99% of public praise for anyone is bullshit and mostly circle Jerks, ever watched the Oscar's.

You can call him a typical bean counter and him still be a "nice guy" those two things don't contradict each other.

Let's be honest you are being a little bootlicky "don't be mean to my favorite CEO" like you really shouldn't give a fuck what anyone says about someone you don't know or have any affiliation with.

Finally this thread again is about a marketing puff piece and again I am sorry I've offended you and your messiah and I already promised I'll make up for it in achievements, how many game sub passes till my soul is saved?

Last edited:
Top Bottom