• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield on Playstation- Do you want it?

Thread title

• Yes

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • Maybe with Dlcs

Votes: 44 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 250 74.0%

• Total voters

Atrus

Gold Member
I wouldn’t recommend the game on any platform unless it was an all-in-one edition with all of the expansions, sold many years down the road, and on sale with a deep discount.

JackMcGunns

Agreed. I gave it a 7 out of 10. It had some outstanding questlines, specifically with the faction quests, but utterly dropped the ball in making exploration fun, which was a deal breaker. Stiff animations and loading screens I could deal with, but they took away all incentive to wander off the beaten path and that was fatal.

The loooooding screens... :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Ship building is a game on its own, as well as some faction quests like the Crimson Fleet and UC. Fortunately for me I love exploring and even after 100s of hours, I'm still finding new things, it's a crazy huge sandbox.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The loooooding screens... :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Ship building is a game on its own, as well as some faction quests like the Crimson Fleet and UC. Fortunately for me I love exploring and even after 100s of hours, I'm still finding new things, it's a crazy huge sandbox.
While you CAN explore in Starfield, 90% of the exploring is just landing on randomly generated planets with randomly generated caves, structures.

I love exploring when I actually find something. That was what made Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Fallout games great was wandering off the beaten path and you ended up in a full blown questline. I remember finding a Daedric quest in Skyrim. None of that magic was present for me in Starfield.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Nope, have reduced gaming time per week and there are better other games worth my time. Even if it we're "free" on Plus Extra won't touch it.

JackMcGunns

While you CAN explore in Starfield, 90% of the exploring is just landing on randomly generated planets with randomly generated caves, structures.

I love exploring when I actually find something. That was what made Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Fallout games great was wandering off the beaten path and you ended up in a full blown questline. I remember finding a Daedric quest in Skyrim. None of that magic was present for me in Starfield.

That was exactly my experience, I told Sarah I had some things to do and I didn't return until some 50hrs later after going down a deep rabbit hole, exploring planets that were WAY above my level, finding weapons that made it possible to continue, finding a slate that lead me to the mystical MANTIS... by the time I went back to the lodge, I was a complete badass and loved every minute of it.

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

PeteBull

12,5% for yes, if only starfield sold to 12,5% of ps5 owners it would make humongous money and actually got very profitable, combined with pc/xbox already sold copies, thats like additional 7m copies sold right now, and who knows, by ps5 starfield launch ps5 could be not over 50m like now but maybe at 65-70m consoles already so that hypothetical 12,5% would be not 7 but maybe 8-9m copies :D

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Not really no. Not as is. I double dipped already, XSX and Steam Deck, but without some serious changes to the loading system (at least) and traversal there is zero point.
I do not think the performance on console supports a PSVR2 version, but proper haptics and PSVR2 support might sway me… I would still want better loading / map streaming though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom