• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield on Playstation- Do you want it?

Thread title

• Yes

Votes: 43 12.7%
  • Maybe with Dlcs

Votes: 44 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 250 74.0%

• Total voters
Don't care much. I think Hellblade might be the first game I might want from their line up. If desperate I could always buy either on PC though.

Sw0pDiller

I dont really care about Starfield or Fallout but i support these developers making big games and pouring their heart and soul in it. Starfield deserves some sales and PS5 is the place to get some. Sure it sold great on PC (thought i saw 10mil in a thread not long ago)

SkylineRKR

I was planning to get it on a deep sale on XSS one day, but with the current backlog i don't care too much about it. I think its like Skyrim perhaps better off on a next-gen system down the line (I have no gaming PC).

twilo99

I was planning to get it on a deep sale on XSS one day, but with the current backlog i don't care too much about it. I think its like Skyrim perhaps better off on a next-gen system down the line (I have no gaming PC).

I played it on Windows for the most part but I did have a few sessions on my xss and it runs surprisingly well on it

SkylineRKR

I played it on Windows for the most part but I did have a few sessions on my xss and it runs surprisingly well on it

It does look good on XSS from what I saw but the issues are with how the game is coded, like the 30fps on consoles and the blatant loading screens everywhere. This is why I don't want to play it right now. Perhaps a next-gen remaster will be seamless and at least 60fps.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Yes! I’m playing it on PC but a couple of my friends only have Playstation and wants to play it. Would be awesome to be able to have some talks about it that don’t end up with complaints about console exclusivity or the cost and complexity of PC building.
Same goes for some of the Sony exclusives btw but that’s for another thread I guess. Trying to steer most of my friends toward PC nowdays but it’s not easy.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's coming to PS5. It's just a matter of time at this point. When it does I encourage PS gamers to actually check it out and judge for yourself.

It gets a lot of hate and much of it is justified, but it also does a lot of good things.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was hyped about Starfield but in the end I was hyped about the game Bethesda said it was, not the game it was. I really have no interest in playing the game that was released.

Metnut

Sure for people who want to play it it’d be nice but there’s not enough free time in life for me to play something that boring.

killatopak

Honestly, it’s too late for me. I usually play Bethesda games on consoles early. At least until every single DLC they ever planned has released. Which I did for it and have in Xbox.

The reason is because mods, patches and cc content usually fucks up my mod list. When dlc, patches and cc content drops, most mods needs to get updated and failure to do so will result in bugs and in the worst case a CTD. End of life is where modding will take over for me. This is why I hate live service even in offline games but only specifically on PC where modding is a lot more ubiquitous.

Schmendrick

The ~3 hours I spent on that archaic menu-loadingscreen-fiesta on a GP trial were already 3 hours too many.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I'd rather have a game that does a couple things right instead of doing a whole lot of things it gets all wrong. Just because the game is "big" doesn't mean it's "better" or in fact "there's more to do". Welcome to
Starfield. Nah, it doesn't need to be on PS5. It's on PC and Xbox and that's good enough. No amount of rehab is going to bring this game back to a "must play experience" like CD Projekt did with Cyberpunk 2077.

DKFgJRjXUAA4Z9D.jpg

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I personally played for a bit on PC, so I’m impartial, but if this indeed gets announced on a Sony console, the mods are going to have a busy few days of dropping some hammers on certain folks, that’s for sure.

Svejk

The Skyrim fan in me says yes... But the reviews that still continue to decline, I don't see myself paying full price for it if it did, if at all

I selected yes. IDC either way but why would I want less games for my preferred platform? Game might not be great but I want the option to play it on PS5. If I really wanted to play it I could get it on PC but I just don't care that much and I'm trying to avoid PC gaming at all cost.

JackMcGunns

Wow, who wouldn't want another game? the poll results so far reflect the exact sentiments we've been referring to, the hate towards Starfield is real, warring sucks. Persecution complex my @$$. Starfield may not be perfect, but it's an awesome game for me, having so much fun and still not done with it after 100s of hours.

LakeOf9

Sure, why not? I’ve no issues with more games being available to more people.

In my ideal world I’d be able to play everything I want on one system (PC). I don’t see why that shouldn’t be the case for other systems too.

JackMcGunns

its the type of game you either fall in love or hate everything about it.

I am.... in the second group >_> so no. I wouldn't buy it.

So deny the people who would fall in love because of your own personal preference? You mean I should've voted for BG3 to NOT come to Xbox because CRPGs are not my cup of tea? It's not a "Will you buy" poll, it's should this come to the platform poll, so make that make sense.

//DEVIL//

So deny the people who would fall in love because of your own personal preference? You mean I should've voted for BG3 to NOT come to Xbox because CRPGs are not my cup of tea? It's not a "Will you buy" poll, it's should this come to the platform poll, so make that make sense.
dude I said I wouldn't buy it. not I don't want it on the system.

and FYI, the question is asking about your opinion. not share the love of a game with other platforms.

hinch7

Played it and didn't rate it much. It was an okay game. Would like to see it on PlayStation so people can experience it if they want to, and it was origionally going on there before MS bought out the company.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

It's coming to PS5. It's just a matter of time at this point. When it does I encourage PS gamers to actually check it out and judge for yourself.

It gets a lot of hate and much of it is justified, but it also does a lot of good things.
I won’t call it a bad game but to me it was boring aside from a few quest lines.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I had to force myself to finish it.

Skyrim on the other hand have played through numerous times so I'm not anti-Bethesda in any way.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's going to be wild to see how many copies microsoft games sell on playstation.

Will it be a Sony games on PC scenario do you think?

damidu

they missed the pre-release hype to bank on.
expect it would flop hard after the reception it got.
personally no. its a waste of space, both literally and on your ssd.
couldn't get through it even as a gamepass dload.
would be fuming if i paid full price for it.

Last edited:

midnightAI

lol @ the rabid fanboyism here

Why wouldn't you want another game on your preferred platform? Like, what does it hurt? Even if you aren't into it or think it's mid.
Because the question is 'do you want it', not 'should it be released on PS5'

And the answer for many is No, why is that hard to grasp?

I have it on XBox, I think its crap (well, boring mainly, but it has many other issues), why would 'I' want it on PS5 if I already have it on XBox? how is that fanboyism? (and I think you'll find many are in the same boat)

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

dude I said I wouldn't buy it. not I don't want it on the system.

and FYI, the question is asking about your opinion. not share the love of a game with other platforms.

Gotcha, didn't mean to direct it towards you, just took a peak at the poll results and read your reply.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I won’t call it a bad game but to me it was boring aside from a few quest lines.
Agreed. I gave it a 7 out of 10. It had some outstanding questlines, specifically with the faction quests, but utterly dropped the ball in making exploration fun, which was a deal breaker. Stiff animations and loading screens I could deal with, but they took away all incentive to wander off the beaten path and that was fatal.

Top Bottom