• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD | What are you least excited for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
We all know the hype is real, and most of us will be playing the game. But let’s not pretend the game will be flawless to our gaming wants/needs.

What’s the one aspect that you are least excited for, that has already been already confirmed to be in the game?

Mine might be money making. We’ve already had it confirmed with the Q&A that the economy is fixed. Which leads me to think that money might be hard to come by, making certain things likely hard to get for a while. But I guess that’s only an issue for us that want everything now, lol.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The main quest line
I get that. They did mention that some of the space craft upgrades are only unlocked later in the story, so that might be the second thing I’m not happy about. I typically like to do side stuff first, but if cool upgrades are locked behind the main story line, I might have to work on that first.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The wait

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Boring exploration on ~900 procedurally generated empty planets. Hopefully they have some kind of gameplay loop in place to make things not become a slog.

From what we actually know, base building and ship building. That kind of stuff is not very fun imo.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Boring exploration on ~900 procedurally generated empty planets. Hopefully they have some kind of gameplay loop in place to make things not become a slog.

From what we actually know, base building and ship building. That kind of stuff is not very fun imo.
We know on those 900 planets they will be resource heavy, going by the Direct. I wonder if there’s a scanning capability to make sure you can land on the planet, near where you need to to get a specific resource. That could save some time and cut down on exploration.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
FPShooting, hate it.... rather stick my balls in a blender!!!

lol nah not that bad but yeah I do not like FPS. Hopefully all the other aspects are great.

Markio128

There are a few things that immediately spring to mind. The gun play at 30fps, no land vehicles and not having seamless landing/taking off from planets/space transition.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Load times (the clips we've seen show near instant entry into a building from the world, hope that is universal everywhere).

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
FPShooting, hate it.... rather stick my balls in a blender!!!

lol nah not that bad but yeah I do not like FPS. Hopefully all the other aspects are great.
The game has melee combat options. The animations looked pretty great during the Direct.

dottme

Anyone want to start a « How many thread you will create on Neogaf while playing Starfield »

I can propose also : « Do you plan using diaper to stay playing Starfield to the max »

Mr Hyde

The 400 hours I need to invest to even finish it. I'm excited as fuck for Starfield but at the same time I'm burnt out on these gigantic open world games I've played the last two years. I've done AC Valhalla, Elden Ring, Forbidden West and Tears of the Kingdom pretty much back to back, and now Starfield looms on the horizon. Gonna be awesome and glorious but at the same time exhausting and tiresome.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Shader compilation stutter

Hugare

Don't think that I've ever seen such spam of new threads about a non-released game

Evilore should check if some people are getting paid, 'cause It's getting obnoxious

Roxkis_ii

Don't think that I've ever seen such spam of new threads about a non-released game

Evilore should check if some people are getting paid, 'cause It's getting obnoxious
Bro, I'm already at 5 Starfield threads on my ignore list. This shit it getting ridiculous and blatant.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
This thread isn’t meant as spam, like some of the others that were recently made. This is a follow up thread to my previous thread I made a while back about what people are excited about.

I guess it’s just bad timing with the other threads. For that, I apologize.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The haters. Gonna sperg out and dissect every aspect of the game while writing paragraphs on how it could be sooo much better.
comic book guy GIF

I agree with post #4. Some people won't be able to allow others to just enjoy the game, it will be picked apart mercilessly by the maniacs.

Topher

Gold Member
I agree with post #4. Some people won't be able to allow others to just enjoy the game, it will be picked apart mercilessly by the maniacs.

Yeah that's every first party game. God of War Ragnarok had folks trashing it endlessly.

Fredrik

30fps on console.

I know it won’t be unplayable as I’ve enjoyed Zelda TOTK, BOTW, RDR2, God of War, Skyrim, Oblivion, Uncharted, etc, but I hope there is still a chance for a performance mode to arrive some day since it could make the game so much better.

DeaDPo0L84

This super unique question could not have possibly been asked in one of the ten existing Starfield threads. The next one will be "Between Star and Field, which is your favorite word?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom