• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield will be announced for PS5 with a release between November and December 2024. The 2025 plan is even bigger, featuring well-establis

EDMIX

"This is fully sourced. Nobody at Microsoft/subsidiaries is working on Starfield for PS5 today."

That's rather specific. Sounds like a third party port house is doing the work.

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Agreed.

I wouldn't actually expect the team to directly make the port, most don't. That is generally an outsourced thing.
There was a rumour that game announcements were being held back so they could be shown off on the PS5 Pro. PS5 Pro is supposedly launching this year, so if true they should have a lot more to show.

Could be, they might want a few titles to show off Pro's power.

lefty1117

Gold Member
If they're really going to do this they ought to put Halo Infinite on PS, they'll make some caysh monies by doing so.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Big if true. Despite the podcast Phil was on the other week, this would indicate that Xbox are throwing in the towel when it comes to Xbox platform (including windows pc) exclusives.

Xbox will turn itself into a huge publishing outlet though. Weird news for sure if true.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Macattk15

So Microsoft has thrown in the towel huh?

Nice. Sony/Nintendo/MS should all just combine to make one damn console to compete with PC.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
So Microsoft has thrown in the towel huh?

Nice. Sony/Nintendo/MS should all just combine to make one damn console to compete with PC.
All of Microsoft's games are already on PC, among other things. All they'd have to do is drop hardware.

Considering that they have a next gen Xbox planned, that idea won't come to pass anytime soon.

Quezacolt

MS, you can keep Starfield for yourself. I'd rather have a remastered trilogy of gears of war.
Starfield loses its magic after a few hours. Then it becomes a slog.

PSGAF, you don't want this garbage lol.

Take it from someone who invested more than 120+ hours (I know it's low, especially for a Bethesda game, but it's fucking insufferable, especially the writing) on the PC version of this trash, your money is better spent on everything else. Don't make the mistake I did and spend $70 on this POS, it will for sure come to PS5.

Boot up Skyrim, FO4 or even FO76 to get your Bethesda craving.

nick776

If anyone out there does not think all MSFT games are ultimatelygoing to PS5, etc. they are delusional. It's not a question of "if," but rather one of "when." Ole Phil's words were very carefully chosen, as were the post-podcast statements. I do not think we would have even gotten the podcast we got had there not been so much backlash. Just imagine Forza Horizon 5 and Gears 5 on PS5 Pro though. . .would WOULDN'T want that?

if that signs to come about multiplatform there's just no reasons to choose one console over the other in the next generation of consoles, PC will be the way to go , everything ends up on PC anyways.

skit_data

-Rumors of Xbox games coming to other consoles
Response from Xbox and associated press on the matter:
Kombucha No But GIF

Edit: Found this one pretty fucking funny:

At times Hard Drives satire is up there with The Onions

Edit2: Ok, I misread it, I thought it was "across multiple console platforms". That'd be way funnier. No The Onion after all then.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Starfield performed poorly as an investment and is probably a big contributor to multiplatforming.

Imagine telling your boss that just spent 8 billion dollars to purchase a company for your division that their major new IP expected to run for years and take in up to a billion in revenue just flopped.

At some point Phil’s leash gets pulled.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
PSGAF, you don't want this garbage lol.

Take it from someone who invested more than 120+ hours (I know it's low, especially for a Bethesda game, but it's fucking insufferable, especially the writing) on the PC version of this trash, your money is better spent on everything else. Don't make the mistake I did and spend $70 on this POS, it will for sure come to PS5.

Boot up Skyrim, FO4 or even FO76 to get your Bethesda craving.
Yep. I saw early gameplay videos and removed the game from my wishlist. I'm not spending time playing that turd when there are so many awesome games to play lol.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Hmmm, just a month ago it was confirmed xbox was full third party and hardware dropped, and we all see how that turned out.
Some ports of some older lesser known games and confirmation of new hardware on the way.
Don't count your chickens.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

I fully expect it to happen, just thought they would want to put a few more months between the announcement and Spencer's denial.

Top Bottom