• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield will be announced for PS5 with a release between November and December 2024. The 2025 plan is even bigger, featuring well-establis

jm89

Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

4-1.png

Rac3r

Only thing I'm interested in is Gears and MCC. If Gears does come to PS5, then I hope its a remastered/remade original trilogy with multiplayer, akin to the master chief collection. Don't care for the newer games.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Well he's painted hunself into a corner here, when starfieldbus announced we might see him delete his twitter fir a few months as it will be a bloodbath on there.

Count on it. The fat twat made an ass of himself and ran away from X when he found out how wrong he was. Then came back to run more damage control and make excuses for his dumbfuckery. I fully expect to hear him being admitted to an A&E (that's ER for Brits, right?) sometime within the next 18 months.

Boss Mog

I guess all that "engagement" isn't worth actual sales. Not sure they'll get the sales they're looking for on PS5 though.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Hmmm, just a month ago it was confirmed xbox was full third party and hardware dropped, and we all see how that turned out.
Some ports of some older lesser known games and confirmation of new hardware on the way.
Don't count your chickens.
No, don't exaggerate.

The rumors were that Xbox is bringing some of its games to PS and Nintendo. Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves were named in particular by credible sources and/or with evidence.

That rumor turned out to be correct.

If I would care much about the MS cataloge I would own a Series X or buy it on PC, but Halo MCC is propably the game I would want the most.

If true it is certainly nice that MS provides the padding for Sony's gap they seemingly have for the latter half of 2024.

King Dazzar

Well he's painted hunself into a corner here, when starfieldbus announced we might see him delete his twitter fir a few months as it will be a bloodbath on there.
He's an idiot to be saying things as an absolute. Actually he's an idiot full stop.

Its Microsoft. Satya was probably like wtf is going on?!? these investments need to make more money put this shit on other consoles ASAP

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I guess all that "engagement" isn't worth actual sales. Not sure they'll get the sales they're looking for on PS5 though.
Engagement isn't worth anything if it isn't bringing in new subscribers. I think Gamepass will be in REAL trouble when all those subscribers who took advantage of all the conversions and stacked multi-year on top of it start to expire and people have to pay $17.99 a month.

Hmmm, just a month ago it was confirmed xbox was full third party and hardware dropped, and we all see how that turned out.
Some ports of some older lesser known games and confirmation of new hardware on the way.

That was hilarious, GAF was in full GameFAQS mode for awhile predicting the literal end of Xbox. I guess now we’ll just get a repeat every now and again when some “insider” predicts a game or two coming to other consoles. As I have always said to the doomsday crew:

Head In The Clouds Dreaming GIF by kimburgerly

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Come on man, it can’t be THAT fun on this hill!

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
That was hilarious, GAF was in full GameFAQS mode for awhile predicting the literal end of Xbox. I guess now we’ll just get a repeat every now and again when some “insider” predicts a game or two coming to other consoles. As I have always said to the doomsday crew:

Head In The Clouds Dreaming GIF by kimburgerly

GAF was also in full GameFAQs mode predicting no games were getting ported anywhere. Now we have GAF saying it ends with these four games. Just depends on what part of GAF you are looking at, I guess.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
No, don't exaggerate.

The rumors were that Xbox is bringing some of its games to PS and Nintendo. Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves were named in particular by credible sources and/or with evidence.

That rumor turned out to be correct.

Some serious revisionist history there, the whole forum was up in arms and selling xboxes and declaring MS out of the console business. It was an implosion of epic proportions.

Topher

Gold Member
Gotten a lot better since they patched to take out forced RT in the Performance mode. Runs cleaner (higher DRS) and performance is way more stable, at the cost of not having RT.

Ah....that's right. Still.....Jedi Survivor is a awkward flex for any platform.

Matsuchezz

Only thing I'm interested in is Gears and MCC. If Gears does come to PS5, then I hope its a remastered/remade original trilogy with multiplayer, akin to the master chief collection. Don't care for the newer games.
We need a proper remaster of Gears of Wars in Unreal Engine 5 at full force anything less is not worth my money.

Deerock71

Now this is where we'll see major reversals of opinions. Starfield has major Skyrim DNA coursing through it. Unless people's opinions of Skyrim have soured over the years. I still think it's fun. Starfield is fun.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Some serious revisionist history there, the whole forum was up in arms and selling xboxes and declaring MS out of the console business. It was an implosion of epic proportions.
That's revisionist history.

Those are expected consequences of their decisions, not the rumors, and they are extremely valid opinions to have.

The rumors are those that I mentioned above. If there was any rumor from any credible source that said Xbox leaving the console business, to be announced in that Business Event, please share.

JackMcGunns

It's 1000% coming to PS5. But who is gonna play it? 🤔

It's a game, so people who play games, maybe?

Xbox players were beta testers for their games. So, PS5 is the best place to play games.

The amount of salt everywhere is crazy. Sony practically invented timed exclusives, so Playstation gamers have been beta testers all along? You beta tested Deathloop, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sifu, Stray and others? Sifu came to Xbox with a new mode, so was Xbox the better place to play? What happened to "Sloppy seconds"? now the script has flipped? Nobody wants to wait for games, if the next big thing is Palworld, people will get it where they can. If Elder Scrolls VI releases on Xbox first, it's gonna "suck hard" to wait a year to play it.

Mr Moose

Really? And then you spout revisionist history right afterwards?
It's a game, so people who play games, maybe?

The amount of salt everywhere is crazy. Sony practically invented timed exclusives, so Playstation gamers have been beta testers all along? You beta tested Deathloop, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Sifu, Stray and others? Sifu came to Xbox with a new mode, so was Xbox the better place to play? What happened to "Sloppy seconds"? now the script has flipped? Nobody wants to wait for games, if the next big thing is Palworld, people will get it where they can. If Elder Scrolls VI releases on Xbox first, it's gonna "suck hard" to wait a year to play it.
I think it's a joke about the Xbox slogan "beta tested in the future".
9c46021d.jpg

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
That's revisionist history.

Those are expected consequences of their decisions, not the rumors, and they are extremely valid opinions to have.

The rumors are those that I mentioned above. If there was any rumor from any credible source that said Xbox leaving the console business, to be announced in that Business Event, please share.

Wow, did you even read the forums on the past month? This is exactly what happened last time, it started with a couple of older games and snowballed into total bs. It didn't even matter what the facts were anymore.
But by all means, let's keep starting rumor threads and go through round two.
Thread title doesn't even contain the word rumor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom