• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play | February 23, 2023

LostDonkey

You wernt gonna get that , after arkham knight came out there was bit of commotion going on inside rocksteady, and then they gave a announcment that going forward every female working for them no mater what job would have a say how females are gonna look and act in there games going forward, what do they say to many cooks spoils the broth
Too many pants spoil my boner

//DEVIL//

fuck I was right even though I was semi joking. it was the end.

holyshit sony deserve to fail after this lol.

BIG FAT F. fuck F, F is good. what is lower than F ?

tmlDan

RE4 looked great, Tchia looked great, SF6 looks amazing, loved the Destiny trailer, the VR games got me excited, Suicide Squad def looks like Avengers sadly.

Honestly thought it was pretty good.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I didn't even watch, just read the comments.

The winner is me!

Sarcastic Meme GIF

Banned
this was absolutely awful...

the only interesting part was seeing Suicide Squad a bit more, but everything else was a snooze fest.

Suicide Squad looks fun, but I'm still extremely unsure about it. it seems to just be a sequence of arenas where you fly around a level that's basically just window dressing for brainless shooting.

that can be fun of course (see EDF), but I am not sure there's enough depth there to make it fun for long

Last edited:
Uff, weak ass state of play. Sure Green Hell in VR is probably really fun and Resisdent Evil 4 will also be nice but apart from that there wasn't anything for my taste on PS5.

Baldurs Gate i'll get on GoG probably or steam depending if and how crossplay will work between both.

And Suicide Squad seems so fucking boring as a game.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Street Fighter 6 and Baldur's Gate look fantastic - but they are things we have known for a good while now.

Humanity looks like a classic PS2-era fun game. Fogworld looks enjoyable for VR.

RE4R continues to make me tepid.

OVerall, weak as shit direct and completely soulless.

This looks far more fun than AVENGERS and is taking itself a lot less seriously. Doesn't mean it will be any good, but at least the combat and action is tighter and more focused.

Combat will be it's saving grace. Moment to moment does look fun. At least they did swinging better than spiderman

TheGrat1

Why is Harley Quinn basically Spiderman? I don't know either.

Seems the just shoehorn the DC universe into their shooters because comic shit is popular. There's no rhyme ot reason to anything in this game.
At least Harley seems to be swinging off of a drone or something. She is crazy enough todo anything. Boomerang's entire schtick is that he uses boomerangs as weapons. None of Flash's Rogues use firearms. Source material out the window.

This game looks like a pass. Agreed.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
A super hero game where you play as a bunch of C tier villains instead

Nobody asked for this
Nah I think it would of been good if it was like Gotham Knights....but this looks more like those bad online adjective shooters

You wernt gonna get that , after arkham knight came out there was bit of commotion going on inside rocksteady, and then they gave a announcment that going forward every female working for them no mater what job would have a say how females are gonna look and act in there games going forward, what do they say to many cooks spoils the broth
I'm torn. Adding pants looks like they're slowly going back to her original look.

maxresdefault.jpg

Which was technically the better design until she was Snyderversed to look 'modern' and 'quirky'.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This looks far more fun than AVENGERS and is taking itself a lot less seriously. Doesn't mean it will be any good, but at least the combat and action is tighter and more focused.
Honestly Avengers has some elements that look better than Suicide Squad. There's at least melee and some variety in the characters.

Top Bottom