• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck |OT| Nintendo Switch 2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since I recently wiped / re-installed SteamOS and didn't have any of my customizations in place, I decided to wipe my Deck out again this weekend and to re-install Windows on it. Yup, the Ally hype got me curious.

Windows has come a LONG way on this thing since I tried it last year. I found a script (thanks to r/WindowsOnDeck) that installed all the proprietary drivers and a few essential tools - and I was off to the races. I'm still running Steam at startup in big picture mode - so it looks really similar to SteamOS, but "exiting to desktop mode" now means going back to Windows. It was pretty easy to set up Xbox games and all my other launchers like usual. I trimmed down the Windows install and got rid of most of the bloat that can be disabled.

I kinda just did this as a test, but I think I'm going to keep it this way for a while and see how it goes.

Tried out the Demo until the first boss I couldn't parry and didn't know how to beat it and that was it for me unfortunately. I also think the levels are too short. I'm constantly drawn out with that victory pose/post-screen disturbing the gameplay flow.

I had trouble with that boss too, for the same reason (can't parry).

The strategy to beat that boss is to get just close enough to bait it into starting an attack, roll/run out of range of that attack, then running back up and attacking it.
Eventually it will start getting aggro and doing multiple attacks, so you'll have to be careful not to get caught on the edges or corners of the screen.

It may take some time to learn the timing and the attack patterns, but I think you can do it!

Filben

Since I recently wiped / re-installed SteamOS and didn't have any of my customizations in place, I decided to wipe my Deck out again this weekend and to re-install Windows on it. Yup, the Ally hype got me curious.

Windows has come a LONG way on this thing since I tried it last year. I found a script (thanks to r/WindowsOnDeck) that installed all the proprietary drivers and a few essential tools - and I was off to the races. I'm still running Steam at startup in big picture mode - so it looks really similar to SteamOS, but "exiting to desktop mode" now means going back to Windows. It was pretty easy to set up Xbox games and all my other launchers like usual. I trimmed down the Windows install and got rid of most of the bloat that can be disabled.

I kinda just did this as a test, but I think I'm going to keep it this way for a while and see how it goes.
Last time I checked Windows 11 I couldn't apply Valve's custom fan curve that was introduced in a later SteamOS update and can be toggled. Without SteamOS, however, there is the standard firmware fan curve applied which is unbearable for me (temps under 60°C and the fans are going crazy). That was an instant deal breaker for me.

Does the quick access menu and the FPS/stats overlay work with Windows?

TrebleShot

Picked up the ROG Ally this weekend after having the deck for a few months.

It’s not perfect the biggest issue for me is battery it vanishes much quicker than the steam deck or at least seemingly so but you end up spending more time on it as it has windows it doesn’t feel like a console so you can google things on it etc fairly comfortably.

Screen excellent magnitudes better than the deck but not as vivid and sharp as the G cloud. However 120hz is nice.

It’s a weird one I’m not sure it would or could replace a steam deck wholesale, you know there’s not as much integration like the updates and the games syncing it’s all a little manual. Basically a desktop pc in your hands.

Whereas the SD is a little more plug n play.

Both good, just using the Ally more at the moment since I bought it.

Also I play mostly streaming and the ally is far superior for that function the screen aspect ratio etc are infinitely better but the apps are little more janky like Chiaki has more issues than on the deck like the white flashing and audio sync/distortion.

Trying to get some way of the official app working with the built controls but no luck so far.

Filben

Diablo 4 on deck = pretty good!
Can confirm. 30fps lock and mostly 10-13 Watt power drain with visuals you can't really distinguish from higher settings, unless in the city where it goes up to 16 and beyond.

That means 3h of game time minimum with a good looking and action packed game.

I had one crash though on the SD which I haven't yet encountered on desktop PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last time I checked Windows 11 I couldn't apply Valve's custom fan curve that was introduced in a later SteamOS update and can be toggled. Without SteamOS, however, there is the standard firmware fan curve applied which is unbearable for me (temps under 60°C and the fans are going crazy). That was an instant deal breaker for me.

Does the quick access menu and the FPS/stats overlay work with Windows?
I installed Steam Deck Tools

One of the components in this (that runs in the system tray) is a fan control app that you can use to tweak the fan curves. Another app that's part of that package will automatically change the controller mode from desktop (sticks and pads control the mouse, triggers do left and right click) to Steam Input (if you launch a game from Steam) and Xinput for everything else (games from other launchers). For me, that was miles ahead of the last time I used Windows, it was all hacky workarounds to get anything done with the controls.

Yet another app from that package is the overlay and power control. By default, it'll just show FPS in a full screen application. There is a separate sub-menu for tweaking performance or picking what displays at the top. You can save/load profiles for easy switching.

overlay.png

Obviously not as cool as the built-in one from SteamOS, but this is at least functional for doing on-the-fly tweaking as needed that wasn't really possible before.

Filben

I installed Steam Deck Tools

One of the components in this (that runs in the system tray) is a fan control app that you can use to tweak the fan curves. Another app that's part of that package will automatically change the controller mode from desktop (sticks and pads control the mouse, triggers do left and right click) to Steam Input (if you launch a game from Steam) and Xinput for everything else (games from other launchers). For me, that was miles ahead of the last time I used Windows, it was all hacky workarounds to get anything done with the controls.

Yet another app from that package is the overlay and power control. By default, it'll just show FPS in a full screen application. There is a separate sub-menu for tweaking performance or picking what displays at the top. You can save/load profiles for easy switching.

overlay.png

Obviously not as cool as the built-in one from SteamOS, but this is at least functional for doing on-the-fly tweaking as needed that wasn't really possible before.
Thanks for the thorough response!

Kenpachii

nevermind u put the hints already in your post. Absolute godly dual boot solution now, happy as hell with it.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Slammed windows 11 on steam deck and frankly i forgot how absolutely flawless windows is, no more messing around with endless guides to get clients to run everything just works. Probably keep myself on windows.l

Also decided to slam in a 1gbit ethernet cable into my sjaux docking station and oh boy the difference, no more lag spikes in games and full speed internet. I forgot how shit wifi really is.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Steam Deck is on sale again. $360 for the base model. Just add a microSD and you're off to the races. You can get a TeamGroup or Silicon Power 512GB microSD for $25 from Amazon. I started by using the TeamGroup 512GB for both my Deck and my son's Deck, but then I upgraded to the 1TB Silicon Power. Not the fastest, but perfectly functional and highly rated drives(customer review-wise).
---
On a different note, I eventually want to do a transparent shell conversion, but JSAUX isn't doing the matching frontplate for my emerald green backplate, so that was a bummer. eXtreme Rate does have an emerald green kit, so maybe I'll get that and put the green backplate on my son's Deck. I'm holding off to do it until the DeckHD screen upgrade launches. I figure it will be best to do it all in one shot instead of going in twice.

Personally, I think the transparent shell upgrades look better with the original black buttons and controls, as opposed to the matching color buttons...
FMN54YeXEAAjUr1

ClearAtomicPurpleCustomReplacementFullSetShellwithButtonsforSteamDeckConsole-1.jpg

Last edited:

Meifu

Thinking about picking this up, but ill be using it probably only when im traveling. Should i just grab the cheap version? How much am i missing out on with the anti glare. Storage doesnt concern me bc ill prob have 1-2 games on this at any time

It's 20% off on Steam Summer Sale right now, the cheapest one at $360 is now the same price as a Switch OLED.

My issue is I'm still not sure what use case I have for a handheld gaming PC in my daily life

Thinking about picking this up, but ill be using it probably only when im traveling. Should i just grab the cheap version? How much am i missing out on with the anti glare. Storage doesnt concern me bc ill prob have 1-2 games on this at any time
The cheapest one is the best deal. Even if you don't want to upgrade the internal storage, a 512 GB SD card is only $40. If you really want to just have 64 GB and never even bother with an SD card, you better read up on how to clear the shader cache cause if you just delete games, Valve's shader cache sticks around and you'll quickly find out how small 64 GB is. The antiglare doesn't really stop glare, more like it blurs reflections. There are cheap screen protectors that do kind of the same thing.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I really depends on how you plan on using it. If you plan on playing outdoors or next to large windows, sure, the anti-glare etched glass screen can help reduce the severity of the reflections, but not completely eliminate them. I had the 512GB anti-glare originally and to be honest it didn't really change anything in my experience because I played indoors and I could just avoid ceiling lighting directly reflecting on the screen. You can get a anti-glare protector, but depending on the brand you may lose some touchscreen precision.

Here's some comparison videos showing the screens in different lighting scenarios:

I would definitely recommend getting a microSD to go with the 64GB model. On the affordable end of things, some good brands are Team Group and Silicon Power that run about $25 for 512GB. I've used both of these brands in multiple Decks and can vouch for their quality. The faster, more premium brands would be your SanDisk Extreme or Samsung Pro that run about $22 for 256GB. Stay away from the weirdly named knockoff cards with too good to be true prices.
---
It's 20% off on Steam Summer Sale right now, the cheapest one at $360 is now the same price as a Switch OLED.

My issue is I'm still not sure what use case I have for a handheld gaming PC in my daily life
The common use case for the Deck is playing and hanging out with family members that are watching tv, or playing on a console or handheld. It gets you away from the desk. Playing on multiple Decks hanging out in the living room on the couch is a really unique way to experience PC gaming compared to the traditional desktop experience.

Deck works great for playing in bed, or just lying down on the couch relaxing. Sometimes you don't want be in chair at a desk, or you just want to sneak some gaming in before going to sleep.

The Deck has surprisingly good WiFi and works well with xCloud for Xbox cloud streaming with Game Pass Ultimate, or with Chiaki for PS5 remote play. I've been playing a ton of FFXVI on Deck lately.

Of course Deck is great for on the go play. Really easy to bring on a trip and play on a flight or in the hotel room. If you're on a road trip and have a someone else driving it's a good way to squeeze in some play time. Just make sure you understand how Offline mode works if you're going to be without an internet connection.

Lastly, the Deck is an emulation powerhouse and using software like EmuDeck+EmulationStation makes it a real breeze to get everything from NES to WiiU up and running. Even many Switch and PS3 games will run on the Deck.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Was back in stock at £314 yesterday. I’d love to buy one but I’m in 2 minds. Wait for a PS5 Slim and buy a new monitor for it, or just get a Deck.

The cheapest one is the best deal. Even if you don't want to upgrade the internal storage, a 512 GB SD card is only $40. If you really want to just have 64 GB and never even bother with an SD card, you better read up on how to clear the shader cache cause if you just delete games, Valve's shader cache sticks around and you'll quickly find out how small 64 GB is. The antiglare doesn't really stop glare, more like it blurs reflections. There are cheap screen protectors that do kind of the same thing.
A recent update to SteamOS will also delete the caches.

Meifu

I really depends on how you plan on using it. If you plan on playing outdoors or next to large windows, sure, the anti-glare etched glass screen can help reduce the severity of the reflections, but not completely eliminate them. I had the 512GB anti-glare originally and to be honest it didn't really change anything in my experience because I played indoors and I could just avoid ceiling lighting directly reflecting on the screen. You can get a anti-glare protector, but depending on the brand you may lose some touchscreen precision.

Here's some comparison videos showing the screens in different lighting scenarios:

I would definitely recommend getting a microSD to go with the 64GB model. On the affordable end of things, some good brands are Team Group and Silicon Power that run about $25 for 512GB. I've used both of these brands in multiple Decks and can vouch for their quality. The faster, more premium brands would be your SanDisk Extreme or Samsung Pro that run about $22 for 256GB. Stay away from the weirdly named knockoff cards with too good to be true prices.
---

The common use case for the Deck is playing and hanging out with family members that are watching tv, or playing on a console or handheld. It gets you away from the desk. Playing on multiple Decks hanging out in the living room on the couch is a really unique way to experience PC gaming compared to the traditional desktop experience.

Deck works great for playing in bed, or just lying down on the couch relaxing. Sometimes you don't want be in chair at a desk, or you just want to sneak some gaming in before going to sleep.

The Deck has surprisingly good WiFi and works well with xCloud for Xbox cloud streaming with Game Pass Ultimate, or with Chiaki for PS5 remote play. I've been playing a ton of FFXVI on Deck lately.

Of course Deck is great for on the go play. Really easy to bring on a trip and play on a flight or in the hotel room. If you're on a road trip and have a someone else driving it's a good way to squeeze in some play time. Just make sure you understand how Offline mode works if you're going to be without an internet connection.

Lastly, the Deck is an emulation powerhouse and using software like EmuDeck+EmulationStation makes it a real breeze to get everything from NES to WiiU up and running. Even many Switch and PS3 games will run on the Deck.
Thank you!!! This is super helpful take. The SD card has convinced me to go with the base version and get additional storage. If I wanna replace the main storage later sounds rly easy

Filben

I bring my Deck along when I'm visiting friends or family for more than two or three days because there is at least one evening or a couple of hours when I have to take a "break" or the weather dumps a load on you and you're trapped.

Also, I like to play small indie games on the couch instead of booting up my Ryzen and RTX 3080 computer which produces a lot of heat, especially in summer. Being able to play in different rooms is cool.

Sleepwalker

You guys are getting me curious about windows on deck, you still running it? what's the review now after approximately 2 weeks? jshackles jshackles

Are you dual booting or straight up just on windows? I do have a gamepass sub so I wouldn't mind having access to those games natively. Though I might need to get a bigger SSD if I'm dual booting (currently 512gb with a 400gb sd card for emulation)

Last edited:

jshackles

You guys are getting me curious about windows on deck, you still running it? what's the review now after approximately 2 weeks? jshackles jshackles

Are you dual booting or straight up just on windows? I do have a gamepass sub so I wouldn't mind having access to those games natively. Though I might need to get a bigger SSD if I'm dual booting (currently 512gb with a 400gb sd card for emulation)
Honestly, I think Windows is going to stay on my Deck for the rest of it's life. It's kind of the best of both worlds, since I still have Windows set up to automatically launch Steam when I log in, and I have Steam set up to automatically launch into big picture mode (which now has the "Steam Deck" interface). I can run Game Pass games without any hassle or hoops to jump through. GOG, Ubisoft, Blizzard, EA and Epic are easy enough to get set up on SteamOS, but obviously way less hassle with Windows.

The latest drivers all work great, and performance is usually on-par or better than SteamOS. Steam Deck Tools essentially lets you tweak things just like SteamOS, although not as pretty. Once you get Windows installed on it, just run this script

This will install all the latest Steam Deck drivers, the Steam Deck Tools, and tweak Windows so that it's optimized for the Deck. Overall, it takes a bit of time getting up to speed on things like setting up performance profiles and toggling between controller profiles, but it's far less of a learning curve than figuring out SteamOS in general.

The only real issue I've come across - some games have a "hold START button to begin", and the default keybinding to switch the controller driver between keyboard / Direct Input / Steam Input is holding the start button. I'm sure I could change the binding, but I'm lazy. Once the game actually starts, I just toggle back to the one I need.

I'm a huge Linux guy - but I've always used Windows for gaming. For me, I prefer gaming in Windows on the Steam Deck just due to the compatibility with everything. SteamOS is great if you're 100% on the Steam ecosystem, but for me I think I'll stick with Windows.

Sleepwalker

Honestly, I think Windows is going to stay on my Deck for the rest of it's life. It's kind of the best of both worlds, since I still have Windows set up to automatically launch Steam when I log in, and I have Steam set up to automatically launch into big picture mode (which now has the "Steam Deck" interface). I can run Game Pass games without any hassle or hoops to jump through. GOG, Ubisoft, Blizzard, EA and Epic are easy enough to get set up on SteamOS, but obviously way less hassle with Windows.

The latest drivers all work great, and performance is usually on-par or better than SteamOS. Steam Deck Tools essentially lets you tweak things just like SteamOS, although not as pretty. Once you get Windows installed on it, just run this script

This will install all the latest Steam Deck drivers, the Steam Deck Tools, and tweak Windows so that it's optimized for the Deck. Overall, it takes a bit of time getting up to speed on things like setting up performance profiles and toggling between controller profiles, but it's far less of a learning curve than figuring out SteamOS in general.

The only real issue I've come across - some games have a "hold START button to begin", and the default keybinding to switch the controller driver between keyboard / Direct Input / Steam Input is holding the start button. I'm sure I could change the binding, but I'm lazy. Once the game actually starts, I just toggle back to the one I need.

I'm a huge Linux guy - but I've always used Windows for gaming. For me, I prefer gaming in Windows on the Steam Deck just due to the compatibility with everything. SteamOS is great if you're 100% on the Steam ecosystem, but for me I think I'll stick with Windows.

That's where I'm at right now more or less, I don't really want to mess with lutris and bottles or whatever to get to run my epic store games or to use cheats and mods (in single player games), I thought about getting the Ally but I already have my deck here and I like it a lot. Do you dual boot? I guess setting up my emulators again will be a pain in the ass but I think there's emudeck for windows already available and there's also playnite hmm...

Might just grab a 1tb 2230 nvme and a bigger sd card and call it a day.

MacReady13

Only recently (5 days ago) purchased a Steam Deck here in Australia. It is an absolute BEAST of a handheld! My love for PC gaming is back and I have decided to sell off my PS5 and Series X and go straight back into PC gaming. Just wish I hadn't waited so long to jump back into PC gaming via Steam Deck. Best piece of gaming equipment I have owned in a very long time!

jshackles

Thanks! one last question, the only plugin I can't live without currently on the deck is vibrant deck to adjust the screen's contrast. Anything like that on the windows side?
No need for a specialized plugin - you can install the AMD Adrenalin software, then adjust the color and vibrancy yourself.

Here's a guide:

Last edited:

jshackles

jshackles jshackles You got me interested with that post about Windows on Deck. Does it let you set custom profiles per game that are automatically loaded? What about system level FSR?
FSR can be enabled with applications like

or

As for custom profiles, the Steam Deck Tools application allows you to save per-game profiles for stuff like color settings, fps limits, refresh rate, etc.) You can save a custom profile and attach it to a specific game so that it loads that preset every time that game launches.

or

As for custom profiles, the Steam Deck Tools application allows you to save per-game profiles for stuff like color settings, fps limits, refresh rate, etc.) You can save a custom profile and attach it to a specific game so that it loads that preset every time that game launches.
Thanks. Seriously considering installing Windows cause third party launchers are really annoying on SteamOS. I swear the EA app breaks with every update.

Sleepwalker

or

Just finished setting up windows, and installed nfs unbound from gamepass to test. But im not sure how to use the fan control app or the steam deck tools app at all haha. Is there also anything to add artwork to non steam games?

I thought FSR would work natively from in game menus but I guess not?

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

So far my experiences with windows on the deck

- made a partition as I didnt wanna lose my tweaked steamOS
- installed windows 11 pro on the 256gb partition
- ran the script that installed steamdeck tools and all the drivers (thanks jshackles jshackles )
- ran bloatynosy to debloat windows as much as possible
- installed steam and set it up to run on startup in big picture mode
- installed a few games from epic and gamepass

So far so good, now things I don't really like or have figured out so far (im no expert)

- Haven't found a way to add artwork via plugin to non steam deck like the way decky plugins allow you to.
- Not sure if I can use the same SD card I use on the linux side, it contains my emudeck setup and roms
- if my linux setup wont work, Ill need to figure out a way to reconfigure all the emulation stuff
- Actually dont have a clue on how to use the fan control, the fan control app says it doesnt have kernel permissions and the rpm and desired rpm parts are in blank. (I actually dunno whats a good rpm for the deck haha)
- Not sure how to manage the TDP
- not sure how to set up keybinds et all yet.
- my steamdecktools folder has a ton of executables like fan control, power control but there doesn't seem to be an actual "steamdecktools" app or at least none that I can find.

jshackles

So far so good, now things I don't really like or have figured out so far (im no expert)

- Haven't found a way to add artwork via plugin to non steam deck like the way decky plugins allow you to.
Not sure about programs that do it automatically, but I know that SteamGridDB's own "boop" tool works well for me - just browse the site and press the button to apply the artwork to Steam. I figure since there's a decky plugin that does this automatically, there is probably an automated tool out there somewhere.

- Not sure if I can use the same SD card I use on the linux side, it contains my emudeck setup and roms
- if my linux setup wont work, Ill need to figure out a way to reconfigure all the emulation stuff

I'm not sure how you set it up originally, but you'll need to format your SD card with a file system that can be read by both Windows and SteamOS. Sorry, not too sure on this myself since I don't dual boot, but I know others here have done this and even set up their Steam libraries to be available in both. Here's a video that kinda explains this:

- Actually dont have a clue on how to use the fan control, the fan control app says it doesnt have kernel permissions and the rpm and desired rpm parts are in blank. (I actually dunno whats a good rpm for the deck haha)
- Not sure how to manage the TDP
- not sure how to set up keybinds et all yet.
- my steamdecktools folder has a ton of executables like fan control, power control but there doesn't seem to be an actual "steamdecktools" app or at least none that I can find.
I just checked, and my fan control app also doesn't show the RPMs, but it works correctly (fan blows more when games heat up) and I don't have any error messages about not having kernel permissions. Oh yeah, just remembered I enabled all the kernel-access stuff when I first installed it. You get a scary looking warning about online anti-cheats. There are a few features missing if you don't enable that, but otherwise everything should work correctly (although you won't be able to change TDP on the fly, as that requires memory manipulation - you can still set it manually before starting a game).

I recommend reading up a bit on the Steam Deck Tools website / instructions. It give kind of a high level overview of how everything is supposed to work.

And yeah, no specific "Steam Deck Tools" app - it's just a collection of individual tools.

Hope this helps!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Soul Calibur VI is sale for $6 for standard or $9 for deluxe, so I picked up the deluxe version. I think the difference is that the deluxe has 4 dlc characters and some creator outfit items. It runs great on Deck at native res, medium settings. However, it has letterbox/black bars even at 1280x800. I found this solution on the Steam forums(did just the "removes black bars" line) that you can do using HexEdit(I used the online version and email the .exe to my gmail on Deck). It removes the black bars, and then there's settings for the top and bottom HUD vertical alignment in the game settings menu. Not sure if using a modded .exe in online play will get you banned, but I'm only playing local. Game looks sooo much better running 16:10 fullscreen without the letterboxing.
vDUcKWA.jpg

Last edited:

Filben

Tha k you for this comprehensive post.

I think I'll still stick to SteamOS after reading up on the follow up posts and on how I have to set up everything. Since I don't use additional launchers I don't think I won't be benefiting much from Windows so it's not worth the tinkering.

There have been cases where it would have been good to have Windows but this was highly situational and 90% of the things I want to do, work just fine.

What's bothering me right now is that the 'Steam Deck certified' claim doesn't say anything about performance. Namely, Dave the Diver often dips from 60fps to low 50s and in those cases CPU usage is quite high and therfore power drain and the fans go on briefly noticeable.

Also I don't know how Valve's system is measuring "text fonts might be small to read" because I swear if the text/item descriptions in Dave the Diver isn't small I don't know what else is. Apparently it is not, though.

Grechy34

Only recently (5 days ago) purchased a Steam Deck here in Australia. It is an absolute BEAST of a handheld! My love for PC gaming is back and I have decided to sell off my PS5 and Series X and go straight back into PC gaming. Just wish I hadn't waited so long to jump back into PC gaming via Steam Deck. Best piece of gaming equipment I have owned in a very long time!

It's awesome but I wouldn't be selling my consoles. The Steam Deck is struggling to get to 30FPS in handheld for a lot of newer titles. Keep that in mind,

SCB3

I’ve been replaying and in some case first time playing all the Pokémon games and I gotta say having the GBA games on a much bigger and better screen is a fucking godsend, emulation is working perfectly and Leaf Green playing very well

I cannot wait to see how the DS games look on this

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Hello fellow deckers I have a question. So I have the right track pad as mouse and liking it however I want the trackpad to mimic more my joystick but used for slightly more precise aiming. Problem is when I set the trackpad to joystick or to as joystick the track pad wont move what so ever no matter what other settings I have tweaked. Does anyone have good settings for the trackpad joystick or as joystick option that make the track pad move like a joystick but with finer aiming etc. so far both options I have tried the track pad has no input what so ever and barely functions. Note I also have gyro on, would that be causing an issue for input potentially?

Edit: also to note im playing brothers in arms road to hill 30 and using a community layout for controls

Thanks

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I've been looking at 1TB 2230 NVMe drives for my son's 256GB Deck. It's crazy how many options there are compared to last year when I bought mine. 1TB last year was $150-200 and there were just 2-3 options, at most. Now there's like 10 options and they are as low as $90 brand new. That's definitely the Steam Deck effect.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Also, IDK if anyone knows or cares, but on ebay the Deck's being sold for some nice prices right now. You can get a 512gb one with the no glare screen for ~500 dollars, give or take. probably thanks to the steam sale and rog ally release

The 64gb one is still pretty overpriced though, most of them are at 430.

BKY361G.png

eOKaEru.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom