• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck |OT| Nintendo Switch 2

Kenpachii

so i bought this gen 4 ssd 1tb a while ago, but need more space on this thing 1tb aint enough. Any good 3,5gbps or gen 4 ssd's that are 2tb or even higher if that fits?

Last edited:

N30RYU

Is there any way to fix the low battery error?

I got low battery (10% 5%) warnings even with the battery at 50%... and I even have the framedrops to single digits for like 30 seconds like if the console is about to turn off and then it keeps working again as normal.

I checked the battery info in desktop mode and looks ok... and even made a full discharge and full charge... but no dice

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Is there any way to fix the low battery error?

I got low battery (10% 5%) warnings even with the battery at 50%... and I even have the framedrops to single digits for like 30 seconds like if the console is about to turn off and then it keeps working again as normal.

I checked the battery info in desktop mode and looks ok... and even made a full discharge and full charge... but no dice
Did you try power cycling it?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Just transferred my Chrono Trigger DS save file to my Steam Deck. It was surprisingly easy and now i can resume my playthrough on my bigger handheld :D

Honestly this won't be replacing my 3DS anytime soon as that system's control scheme only really works with its design in mind... but this is very cool nonetheless,

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
another game i've been putting a lot of hours into

Ember Knights
EBK_pageSteam_gameplay.gif

Gameplay is so tight and satisfying. God dam this game is good :messenger_sunglasses:

Do people even know these games exist??? If you enjoyed Hades you will love this

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Anyone got any experience with running Windows on dual boot from an SD card?

It doesn’t seem complicated to do but does it work well in terms of boot time, general usability, etc?

My use case is basically putting PC GP on it to play indies like Sea of Stars or Cassette Beasts instead of buying them on Steam.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
One of the most useful plugins i've ever had the pleasure of using is HLTB for deck.... basically, it displays the HowLongToBeat game lengths on the game menu. Meaning that it's super easy to just look up a game and then check your hours in comparison to how long before the game is done. Insanely useful for backlogs

To no one's surprise the Deck can't handle Starfield. Not feeling particularly hopeful about the CP2077 expansion which will supposedly raise the requirements either.

Filben

Anyone else has gotten a problem with a sluggish UI on the Deck? When I scroll through my library it's laggy and jumpy (collections are even more buggy). When I open the quick access menu it often opens and disappears again, so have to press again the button so it stays open.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy moly this game is incredible. Hilarious and the art is phenomenal. Voice acting is really well don. Plays great on Deck. Highly recommended if you enjoy adventure games or funny games.

Playing Links Awakening currently and am very much digging it. With the 60fps patch it runs great, drops to 40fps in dense areas but whatever, that's retro nintendo slowdown bb.

bender

What time is it?
Pretty good Halloween bundle on Humble:

I already own Pathologic and Alan Wake though. Even anyone wants to go halfsies, I'm mainly interested in Stasis: Bone Totem.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Love my deck but god we need a better APU like now.
Honestly i agree. The APU wasn't much of a problem for me until i realized that 7th gen emulation exists. It would be really nice to play some PS360 games on this thing, the 720p display would make it perfect. The Switch is more powerful yet the 360 is the system that gives us issues.... lol

7840u deck with an 8 inch bezel free screen (or a smaller deck that removes the extra space the bezels took up) would be perfect.

Last edited:

Sausy1987

Anyone get assassins creed syndicate working on steam deck lately ? trying get ubisoft connect going but keeps trying open u play instead and game never boots up . Works perfect on PC

Leonidas

What are some of you guys' favorite games to play on Steam Deck? Mine has been neglected recently, but I plan to use it a lot more now that they added official undervolting support in a Preview BIOS.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
What are some of you guys' favorite games to play on Steam Deck? Mine has been neglected recently, but I plan to use it a lot more now that they added official undervolting support in a Preview BIOS.

I mostly just use my SteamDeck as a trip device. If I go on vacation or travel, I bring my deck and play mostly indie games. Game's like Obra Dinn, FUGA, Inscryption and the like.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Everything. Everything is my favorite games to play on Steam Deck.

Except for CRPGs. I haven't had much luck with those.

Filben

What are some of you guys' favorite games to play on Steam Deck?
2D and pixel art games (Dave the Diver, Stardew Valley, Roots of Pacha, etc.), simple 3D games (older Tomb Raider titles), point and click adventures, turn-based games or emulating games (PSX and N64 mostly). These kind of games usually give me 3h to 7h of battery life.

I prefer to play only game that are Steam Deck verified because I hate small fonts and UI or game pad tinkering or third party launchers to be opened first.

I never play AAA games that are big on visuals, like Cyberpunk or BG3. I play those on my TV or big 21:9 monitor (with RT if possible) and high graphics settings. All other games where graphic fidelity don't matter (as much), these are candidates for the Deck.

Top Bottom