• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Anno 2205 getting no love in the OP?

Come on now, if you were going to highlight 1 Ubisoft PC game there, at least highlight the good one.

Oh god we've fallen so deep if so we've forgotten about that. For all the shit we give Ubi, we actually highlight Butt Cream....

The_Monk

Woke up to a nice thread. Well done shackles!

I can see many investing countless hours in Fallout 4 during November but I might wait a bit. I have to start over Wasteland 2 Director's Cut because I believe the improvements make it worth the trouble and for the first time I'll be playing Divinity Original Enhanced Edition. These two titles right here can already provide many hours and then there's also the backlog.

Kifimbo

New IndieGala:

The IndieGala [www.indiegala.com] Halloween "Made In Hell"Bundle consisting of 9 terrifyingly awesome Horror Steam Games is Live!

Pay only $1 and Get these 2 great games!
One Final Breath™ Episode One (STEAM) +
Joe's Diner (STEAM) +
Pineview Drive (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 9 Steam Games!
123 Slaughter Me Street (STEAM)
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (STEAM) +
Lucius II (STEAM) +
Lumber Island - That Special Place (STEAM)
The Archetype (STEAM)
Caffeine (STEAM)

Knurek

That would require Koei to give a damn first. Of all larger Japanese publishers, their "PC support" is currently the most infuriating.

Still better than Atelier/Sangokushi/Dead or Alive themed pachinko machines.
I'm guessing it's a similar situation as with Sega in the 90's - West branch wants to go where the money is (as evident in Humble/Retroism contracts), Japanese overlords don't want to dirty their fingers on the eroge machines.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait koreans are dominating lol now?

goddamn it
i mean, they always were, with this it's gonna be third worlds in a row won by a korean team (and fourth with a korean team in the finals). it's first kr vs kr finals tho, mostly cos china heavily underperformed

but league in korea is insane, ofc they dominate :>

Tizoc

Still better than Atelier/Sangokushi/Dead or Alive themed pachinko machines.

Stop bringing up pachinko machines
Nobody gave a fuck about them for years, there's not reason to give a fuck about them now and bring it up in every damn discussion.

KOEI Tecmo needs to do better with their Steam releases because they're not getting away with it now.
I've got One Piece Musou 3 running OK, but others reported issues which are still not fixed.
Not to mention that they advertised the game incorrectly on Steam.

I've got Samurai Musou 4-2 on my lappy, but to get it running at proper 60 FPS, I gotta meddle with NVidia Control panel, I didn't need this for One Piece Musou 3.
Game runs good but I'm saddened that many aren't interested in it due to how they handled their prior releases.

Have a good presence on Steam and more consumers will be interested in getting your games day 1, especially if the games your release run well and competently.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally got "Broken Mouse" in Clicker Heroes.

What am I doing with my life?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My broke ass wanted to give away something since it has been a long time. Its not much but whatever
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bloodrayne 2 -- MB-22062837DB769E6E - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.

t1446296748z1.png

XCOM-2
No Mans Sky
Nier: Automata
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Firewatch
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Street Fighter V
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dark Souls III
Total War: Warhammer
Quantum Break
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Aims at a 2016 release)
Attack on Titan
Dishonored 2
Final Fantasy XV
Halo Wars 2
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Yooka Laylee (Aims at a 2016 release)
Persona 5
Scalebound
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Shadow Warrior 2
The Guild 3
The last Guardian
World of FInal Fantasy
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
Stellaris
Hearts of Iron 4

I think its ok.

I'd add Star Fox Zero as well, but that's just me. 2015 is shaping up to be alright overall, though.

Knurek

Stop bringing up pachinko machines

Japanese pinball machines run by yakuza doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Why should Kecmo fix their Steam games? You bough them, as did a lot of other folks. Enough to offset the small porting fee.
Why should they care if you enjoy their product? They are an AAA publisher, same as Ubi or EA. They only care about profit margins.

How is there a list of 2016 games without Torment?

You really think it will be released in 2016?
We'll get D:OS2 sooner.

zkylon

zkylewd
They were pretty quick with rising and no one really complained about that one.
i hope they're aiming higher than rising

i won't get again into why i think rising is crap (y u calling me no 1) but at least i'd say rising is a safe more-of-the-same game while nier2 should be ambitious, risk-taking and even controversial in story and mechanics and presentation.

i want that, i don't want another rising

We're already expecting it to be delayed to 2017
they said 2016 yesterday on kickstarter update iirc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Final Breath - Episode One -- MB-2BCBE044BD499B8B - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Pineview Drive -- MB-F8B81683F7BD2486 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-533D0EDBAAD664C8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1446297528z1.png

Durante

That FO4 screenshot looks like shit.

Why should Kecmo fix their Steam games? You bough them, as did a lot of other folks.
Because almost no one is buying their ports these days. Compare that to e.g. Zestiria, which is a competent port and already sold ~75k copies at full price.

The small increase in cost for doing a competent port is probably outweighed tenfold by the increase in revenue.

I do actually. Because otherwise inXile will probably run out of money.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
We'll get D:OS2 sooner.

They just sent out this mail
As a fresh set of eyes on the project I can tell you it's shaping up to be the awesome experience you all expect and deserve. However, to maintain the quality standard we've set for ourselves, we can't rush through these final stages to get it out the door. Instead, we're going to take the time we need on Torment: Tides of Numenera, which means we are planning a 2016 release.

Which, to me, reads like "We hope we can get this game out in 2016"

Tizoc

Japanese pinball machines run by yakuza doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Why should Kecmo fix their Steam games? You bough them, as did a lot of other folks. Enough to offset the small porting fee.
Why should they care if you enjoy their product? They are an AAA publisher, same as Ubi or EA. They only care about profit margins.

You know I want you to go straight to the GD forums and actually make a thread to say that KOEI Tecmo are a Japanese AAA publisher.

Because almost no one is buying their ports these days. Compare that to e.g. Zestiria, which is a competent port and already sold ~75k copies at full price.

The small increase in cost for doing a competent port is probably outweighed tenfold by the increase in revenue.

Good points.
Really if Bamco can have good ports on Steam, then so can KOEI Tecmo if they put in the friggin' effort, which really isn't all that much.

Keep in mind that there are now Steam refunds; we all know what happened with Batman Arkham Knight, and that's a AAA game.

Hektor

no way nier2 is 2016

i hope

Well, the PSBlog as well as saito mention a 2016 release, its in development since June 2014 already, that'd be 2.5 years of development if its releasing winter 2016.

How is there a list of 2016 games without Torment?

Yeah, i forgot that, Fantastapotamus mentioned that already.
I could make a more detailed list with releasedates and platforms, but there a probably already a few on the net.

Yo ep4 of life is strange is insanely long, not that its a bad thing, just caught me off guard. Here were my choices for ep4:
i killed paralyzed chloe. When she told me she wanted to die and to help her i put the controller down and let out a sigh, it was a really hard choice but im in the belief if someone who is in her condition wants to die they should be allowed to so i made that tough choice. It was tragic going back in time to make sure william died. Makes it more tragic since i dont think there is only one time line, everytime Max fucks with time a new timeline opens up so in my mind, there is still a world where chloe is now dead, im just no longer playing in it.
I let my husbandu warren beat the shit out of that dick head Nathen just so we could take thr gun away from him, didnt feel safe how he'd just take that shit out willy nilly. The dark room was also some really intense shit man, i wanted to believe rachel was tied up in there but once you got to look around i knew what her fate was. I tried warning that dickhead victoria but she didnt listen, i dont fuck with that idiot but I was like bruh, i dont think she deserves to die. But she didnt listen to me; i regret not going back in time and not telling her shit just out of spite >_> also didnt see that final twist coming; I originally thought he was bad but damn 4 ep of him doing jack shit made me think i was just being paranoid.

Oh yea, i also didnt kill the drug dealer whatever his name was, i wouldve let him die but i didnt think he was THAT bad of a guy

Gonna play ep 5 in a few hours; this story is amazing!

Also, Warren rules!!

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, the PSBlog as well as saito mention a 2016 release, its in development since June 2014 already, that'd be 2.5 years of development if its releasing winter 2016.

look guys, yoko

i know u guys are excited to get it out the door but don't worry about me

i'm ok

take another year

make it great

kurahador

Looking forward to all the cries about Fallout 4 being buggy and everyone didn't get a chance to refund because the buggy open world section starts after 2 hours.

Also...IGN playing Hard West videos is one of the most unexciting gameplay demo ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom