• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate 0 |OT| Another Time Dilemma

Great thread. Didn't know exactly how this game fit into the timeline, but the way they're doing it with 0 seems pretty cool. I'll probably watch the anime adaptation first, whenever that comes out and play this down the road. Glad to see so much of the likable cast of the original make a return as well.

It's a shame it isn't day and date since I'd have preferred to play it on PC, but those are the breaks.

I'm still really excited for Tuesday. It kind of doesn't feel real to me that I'll be playing a sequel to Steins;Gate.

Bought it on EU psn right after midnight, and can't wait to play it.

While the full size is 8.2 gb the game is fully playable after a 1.5 gb download is completed in a separate file.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Just grabbed the Vita version on PSN. Kind of wish the PS4 version wasn't so much more expensive. Can't wait to get started though

Edit: Vita version is 1554MB + a small patch in case that info is still useful. Surprised the PS4 is so much larger

Oh man, I got the tracking info for my Amadeus Edition (after putting in a support ticket, heh). Looks like it might be arriving on the 28th, a full day before the US release! Needless to say, I cancelled my tentative Amazon US preorder.

BKK

Is this the cheapest in the UK? (£32.85 / PS4)

I bought it from Grainger Games for £29.99.

I also got a PS4 Slim + FIFA + COD + Uncharted 4 for £220 from Amazon. Looking on Ebay those games (which I'm not interested in) go for ~£100, so ~£120 for a new PS4 Slim. It's a reasonably cheap option for those who don't want to wait for the PC release.

Raytow

Anoxida

Is there a plot summary to watch or read somewhere? Or does 0 recap the first game? I'm not looking into reading a 1 hour summary just need to freshen up my memory.

Omikaru

Amazon UK screwed up my order, saying delivery between 29th November to 23rd December goddammit. Guess I'm buying it digitally then.

Sounds like this is happening to a few people, not just on Amazon. Starting to think this isn't the retailer's fault, but PQube undersupplying or delivering late.

BKK

Is that save corruption thing for Vita and PS4?

Also the artwork on the PS4 version seems pretty high res. They might be why it is larger.

4K capture on Pro

Quite jaggy on the background, but not too surprising as it originally released before the Pro. It must be 1080p artwork (which is obviously higher than Vita).

Copper

Quite jaggy on the background, but not too surprising as it originally released before the Pro. It must be 1080p artwork (which is obviously higher than Vita).

Might be partially due to compression. I'm playing on a 1080p screen and it looks pretty clean.

My special edition preorder just shipped a few hours ago.Man FFXV and Steins Gate at the same time, can't wait to play them :D

Btw nice OT and very cautious about spoilers which can pretty much ruin your whole experience with a game like that.

Ωραία δουλειά φίλε μπράβο xD

Anoxida

watch episode 23b of the anime

I read the true ending plot on the Wikipedia. I seem to remember most of it. I just started 0.
But 0 doesn't follow the true ending from the previous game right? So it takes place in a timeline where he wasn't told how to save her like he managed to do in true ending.
That's what's confusing me atm playing 0.

Kalor

I read the true ending plot on the Wikipedia. I seem to remember most of it. I just started 0.
But 0 doesn't follow the true ending from the previous game right

Original game:
It's a worldline where Okabe doesn't go back the second time to rescue Kurisu.

Lemstar

But 0 doesn't follow the true ending from the previous game right? So it takes place in a timeline where he wasn't told how to save her like he managed to do in true ending.
that's why you should watch 23b
0 takes place in the timeline where Okabe only went back in time once and inadvertently kills Kurisu and gives up, which is the same one from which he sends the video d-mail from the future that Okabe receives in the true ending

Copper

The reason why I say not to watch 23b is that it already explains the divergence in the beginning of 0. Plus that episode spoils a part of 0.

Anoxida

Original game:
It's a worldline where Okabe doesn't go back the second time to rescue Kurisu.

Yeah I updated my post asking that question. OK I got it now thanks.
Not sure how I feel about that. True ending was the perfect ending really and it'll always be how I consider the story to end but at the same time more steins gate!

Shizuka

Finished the game. Not sure how I feel about the true ending. Fuck the unlocalized text RIGHT AT THE ENDING. Ugh. By the way, I'm missing TIPS #99 and #165, not sure how I'll get them in order to unlock the platinum trophy.

Shizuka

Sorry for the double post, just as an update: I got the remaining tips and the platinum trophy. If you're missing those two tips, be sure to
ignore both "Kurisu's" calls in "Closed Epigraph".

Also, if you finish the game and face the untranslated text,
it's just the text that's on the cover of the first game.

Firestar

Sorry for the double post, just as an update: I got the remaining tips and the platinum trophy. If you're missing those two tips, be sure to

There's literally just a line of untranslated text? Seriously?

LMAO, why would they leave that untranslated. Silly oversight.

MarkusRJR

Does this game work on PS TV? I remember reading Sony stopped letting devs release games with PS TV support (World of Final Fantasy).

I have no idea what this is really.

How does it compare to 999/VLR? If it matters I loved 999 and couldn't stop playing it. VLR I thought was also very good but not quite as good as 999.

edit: Yikes I see it's a full priced game at least for PS4. Not sure about that...

I have no idea what this is really.

How does it compare to 999/VLR? If it matters I loved 999 and couldn't stop playing it. VLR I thought was also very good but not quite as good as 999.

edit: Yikes I see it's a full priced game at least for PS4. Not sure about that...
It's a follow up to the first game, Steins;Gate.

This is a shitty description, but imagine all the text of 999/VLR, double it and then take the puzzles out.

Copper

I think I might be enjoying this more than the original which is crazy considering it was one of my all time favorites. Wonder when they will do the anime adaptation.

Top Bottom