• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate 0 |OT| Another Time Dilemma

Jimrpg

Laptops are definitely the superior way to play VNs (which makes sense, as the PC platform is the home of the genre).

Vita is okay as a substitute.

I almost considered getting a AU$300 dell Inspiron 11" for visual novels and other older games but I have a bigger laptop already. A 11" laptop would be perfect to sit on the couch with and play VNs.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but...

Is there a cross-save for it between Vita and PS4?

Want the PS4 version, but just found out I'm going on a short trip and this would be ideal.

No cross-save, but I guess there's always Remote Play?

Anyone else ordered from Rice digital ?
I pre-ordered the collector for Vita and it's still at processing since last Thursday .

My first time ordering from them so i'M not sure if its normal .

I ordered the PAL version (to match my PAL copy of Steins;Gate) and it shipped out last Wednesday or so. Arriving today!

You'll get an email when it dispatches, and if you email support with your order number they'll give you the tracking information.

Looks like I'm heading down the same ending path again, but I chose completely different answers for the RINE messages. Could someone tell me what it is that affects the ending you get? Thanks.

I can't seem to trigger the true ending no matter what i try, is this a bug caused from the 1.01 patch :(

I have seen all the other endings...

Copper

Ended up getting the bad ending my first play through. Are the other endings the same length? Working through the other ones, love how it's completely different.

Ended up getting the bad ending my first play through. Are the other endings the same length? Working through the other ones, love how it's completely different.
Yes they are.

I love the new structure that all the endings are somewhat important and every ending reveals something new about a character or subplot.

Its a shame that there is so much filler and distracting moments, that was wasted.

After seeing the true ending it's a good 8.5 for me compared to the 9 of the original. It had big potential...

Maho best character for me it, unrivaled !!

Jazzem

On my way to the
Promised Rinascimento
ending. Have been completely engrossed, but was anyone else rubbed the wrong way by
Suzaha's rant at Okabe?

I suppose it's mitigated by Okabe having given her the go ahead to let it out, but Okabe's clearly gone through some pretty rough mental health swings and roundabouts...Suzaha's talk of "whinging too much" and "I know you've been suffering but-" are prime examples of not what to say to someone in that position.

She's more than right to be upset with the circumstances and what she's gone through, but given how sympathetically the game tackled mental health up to that point, I was somewhat unhappy with how her criticisms were worded. Are we meant to agree that Okabe's been whingey this whole time? I certainly haven't felt that, of course we want him to overcome it given the 5 billion+ lives at stake...but that's not a burden I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Ah well, at least it leads to some glorious Hououin Kyouma.

Jazzem

For anyone struggling to get the true ending:
after you've gotten the "Promised Rinascimento" ending, you then need to do a playthrough from "Closed Epigraph" (right after choosing to leave your phone on) to "Vega and Altair"; loading and finishing a previous save from a prior Vega run won't be enough.

This is so the scene on December the 15th (just as Okabe breaks down in front of Katsumi and Kaede) plays, as this where Okabe receives the d-mail; I'm not 100% sure if you have to open the phone and read the message, but I would just in case. It's easy to miss as skip-read will pass it by, but you'll notice it by a brief appearance of the Hououin Kyouma CG.

Hope that helps, it took perusing several guides/plot sypnosises/message boards to figure that out!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got mine in! I heard about a couple of issues so waiting for some patching before starting though.

zjG7reSl.jpg

NpZ4kXxl.jpg

I'm still waiting. But Amazon UK weren't being very helpful. Honestly with all the tech/bug issues, maybe getting it later won't be a bad thing.

More Pokemon it is.

Just got my first ending!
Twin Automata

I really liked this route. Surprised by how much I ended up not hating Moeka as a character here. Maho is great. The AI stuff is super interesting. Loved the Mozart theme, and the music was incredibly nostalgic for me from having played those songs on the piano before. Also SERGEANT CLEAN

That last scene with Amadeus... wow. Interesting theory that her Reading Steiner was able to kick in there. Still a lot of mysteries unsolved, but I'm looking forward to piecing all of this together!

Yes they are.

I love the new structure that all the endings are somewhat important and every ending reveals something new about a character or subplot.

Its a shame that there is so much filler and distracting moments, that was wasted.

After seeing the true ending it's a good 8.5 for me compared to the 9 of the original. It had big potential...

Maho best character for me it, unrivaled !!

This sounds a bit better than the original's handling of endings. I pretty much hated all of them and what they were clearly going for :\.

For anyone who has finished the game. Do you know of a spoiler free flowchart to get the rest of the endings? I've had three playthroughs and got two endings. So I want to avoid getting the same ones again but also I want to make sure I get the true ending last, as it'll probably be anticlimactic stumbling across the true ending next and then having the others to do afterwards.

There was a really good spoiler free flowchart for 999 on DS and I was wondering if there was anything similar for this.

RedToad64

I know that the developers said the game would play on PSTV, but if somebody could 100% confirm it, that would be great!

I posted this last week and nobody responded. I would really appreciate it if anyone in NA could comment on this. I don't have a Vita, only a PSTV.

How long before the first ending? I'm at the
Christmas party
in my first playthrough. Also... How do you look at the CGs and the Music Library for the trophies? I'm not seeing an option for them.

Just got my first ending today
Maho's twin automata, all I'll say is I was laughing quite a bit at Amadeus Kurisu mimicking a shutdown on Dr Reyes and I found it interesting that the AI during the shutdown sequence was reading thoughts from other world lines. Like others proven in the original V/N.

How long before the first ending? I'm at the
Christmas party
in my first playthrough. Also... How do you look at the CGs and the Music Library for the trophies? I'm not seeing an option for them.
You need to unlock one of the endings first and extras will be on the main menu afterwards.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
o man I forgot this was out! Have it downloading to PS4 now. I have two portfolios and a final next week, but somehow I think I'll find time for it.

Got my first ending, which feels like a typical
bad end
in most VNs.
It was
Gehenna's Stigma, which is Leskinen's ending

Speaking of which,
I had a feeling something was up with Leskinen as the game progressed and that lead up to Maho figuring out that he was secretly a part of Strategic Focus and wanted to get information from Okabe to spread to other nations about the time machine. Definitely the bad ending with what happened. Man, poor Maho, having been forced to incapacitate Okabe and lead to the destruction of the time machine Suzuha came in.

Anyway, I've already went back and changed what I've done to the opposite of last time so I should get my next ending soon.

Got my first ending, which feels like a typical
bad end
in most VNs.
It was
Gehenna's Stigma, which is Leskinen's ending
Anyway, I've already went back and changed what I've done to the opposite of last time so I should get my next ending soon.

At least I didn't get that ending first I guess though I just got it now though I always thought something was
funny about that person.I felt really sorry for Maho, when she got caught listening in I had a feeling they'd do something to her head. In reality it did far more than I expected.

Got another ending, this time
Vega and Altair
, which seems to be the
Mayuri End if we go by the picture representing the ending
. At least this one was happier than
Gehenna's Stigma
. Plus,
the return of Hououin Kyouma and his laugh at everyone at the end when they couldn't get to the time machine in time was great. So much feels though...

At least I didn't get that ending first I guess though I just got it now though I always thought something was
funny about that person.I felt really sorry for Maho, when she got caught listening in I had a feeling they'd do something to her head. In reality it did far more than I expected.

Agreed, it just got to me when
she told Mayuri about what happened with the time machine

I just got the first ending. Is there a guide on what to do to get the rest? Is there a recommended order?
In the OP.

Steins;Gate was a pain to get all the endings, will I need a guide here?
Reportedly these endings, and the True Ending in particular, are much more simple to get. If you do need a guide though, the translator for the first game made a quick guide for reaching all the endings: https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/797871908112961536

I managed to get the ending called
The Promised Rinascimento and it is incredible, plus the confrontation with Reyes with that music playing in the background while he buys time is perfect for the moment.
In fact I really love the soundtrack for this about as much as the original.

D-Man

I'm 8 hours into the game and I'm really enjoying it. It's much more emotionally intense than the original and it's been breaking my heart back and forth.

I do have a prediction though: I
don't know how, but the little girl Suzu is looking for has to be a young Kurisu. This would confuse me a bit especially when looking back at the first game, but that's what my gut tells me. That and the American Doctor guy has to be a bad guy. He's too good to be true.

I don't want real spoiler responses, I'm just throwing my early game prediction out there to see how close I got.

I just got through the January 1st events.

Well, that was definitely shades of the Moeka moment from the first game. I kind of had a feeling that something like that would happen. I'm really curious to figure out what exactly is Kagari's deal. My somewhat random guess for the mysterious woman in the motorcycle suit is Yuki. She did decide to bounce out rather than going to the party, which is kind of suspicious. I mean, we "know" that she has to get married to Daru and give birth to Suzuha eventually, but that doesn't mean she's not holding some big secrets. It feels like the plot is now about to really pick up similarly to the first game.

I also came across this bizarre glitch earlier, which ran for pretty much the entire scene. It was pretty weird.

I got the two "worst" endings, and they're PRETTY BAD. Remember to answer your phone, kiddos.

edit: This is honestly the best walkthrough on how to get every ending, and it's a simple image flowchart by the guy who did a ton of fan translations. The only spoilers are the names of the endings and the icons that represent them. It's a blessing, but be forewarned.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxKcKjmXEAAXAeQ.jpg:orig

Talha

Just a quick question might be a bit off topic, but is it possible to play visual novels on my MacBook from steam?

Top Bottom