• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

It is approaching a strong support zone while being about to touch the primary (up)trend line. I recently started buying and will continue to do so if the price keeps dropping.

The uptrend is broken. It's under all of it's moving averages and it's declining under heavy volume. Price to sales ratio of over 70 with looming interest rate increases.

It's more likely to go to the 60's/70's than it is to make a sustained move up any time soon.

Goalus

The uptrend is broken. It's under all of it's moving averages and it's declining under heavy volume. Price to sales ratio of over 70 with looming interest rate increases.

It's more likely to go to the 60's/70's than it is to make a sustained move up any time soon.
Price to sales ratio is about 40:
105 * 273883000 / (175000000 * 4) = 41

The short-term uptrend is broken. The long-term (i.e. primary) uptrend isn't. I agree though that there is potential of further downward movement.

Edit: mistake in price-to-sales calculation corrected

Last edited:

GHG

Price to sales ratio is about 40:
105 * 273883000 / (175000000 * 4) = 41

The short-term uptrend is broken. The long-term (i.e. primary) uptrend isn't. I agree though that there is potential of further downward movement.

Edit: mistake in price-to-sales calculation corrected

I'm just going off the yahoo finance data so not sure how up to date it is but it's a stock that could still fall in half from where it is now and it would be justified. This situation isn't exclusive to NET though, the vast majority of US equities are in the same situation.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I can feel it bros. Everybody is bearish on the inflation report, so here come the green bars!

My folio!!!

8Y5Mxzq.jpg

betrayal

Banned
What is your opinion on Nvida stock currently? Typical long?

I currently have the classic stupid trader feeling that everything I buy, which is rather rare, goes down the drain (I'm looking at you Novavax 👀).

godhandiscen

I currently have the classic stupid trader feeling that everything I buy, which is rather rare, goes down the drain (I'm looking at you Novavax 👀).
Long. Just have the patience to hold it for at least a year, specially in this bear market.

GHG

If you're not day trading it (literally, in and out in 24h periods) then in the current climate, avoid.

It's going back to the low 200's.

If you want to park your money somewhere for now then boring value stocks are what you need to look at.

betrayal

Banned
If you're not day trading it (literally, in and out in 24h periods) then in the current climate, avoid.

It's going back to the low 200's.

If you want to park your money somewhere for now then boring value stocks are what you need to look at.

I'm fine with a long hold (1y+).

Forecasts, new markets, AR/VR, semiconductor market, possible acquisition of ARM etc. currently looks very strong. I am only currently missing the reason why Nvidia should not be very strong again in Q2/Q3, although I'm pretty sure I'm missing something ovbious.

Last edited:

GHG

I'm fine with a long hold (1y+).

Forecasts, new markets, AR/VR, possible acquisition of ARM etc. currently looks very strong. I am only currently missing the reason why Nvidia should not be very strong again in Q2/Q3, although I'm pretty sure I'm missing something ovbious.

If you're looking for a long hold then be patient and dollar cost average in. Do some valuations and figure out levels where the stock makes sense. Sell puts at those levels if you have to in order to be disciplined.

The sell-off in the market is barely getting started.

godhandiscen

In these trying times of market uncertainty, you can always see which stocks got your back.

sZT5H5n.png

b22ae3001f142a69a0b671243386797f15-29-president-trump-american-flag-cpac-20.2x.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

GHG

There's still free money available on ATVI - that is, as long as the deal actually goes through and doesn't fall apart for some random reason.

zeorhymer

Feels like deja vu. I remember this well when the 2000s and 2010s came around. I want to soak in the blood of all normies that are panicking.

• Fire
Reactions: GHG

Fools idol

Banned

Nvidia is another Apple long term.

The amount of money they print is literally absurd, and the tech moat they have is so wide and only getting wider.

They are a sort of backbone of deep learning / artificial intelligence, as well as the world leader in simply making the best GPU's for gaming and other advanced purposes.

As with everything else right now, the index are in a downtrend, and the federal reserve is forced hand to raise interest rates so the overall market sentiment is bad. If you are going to buy I would not buy the full position any time soon, just nibble gradually and dollar cost average in.

Feels like deja vu. I remember this well when the 2000s and 2010s came around. I want to soak in the blood of all normies that are panicking.
This feels different and seems like we’re in for a long protracted downtrend. I have nowhere else to put my money so will be DCA’ing.

GHG

Big oversold bounces coming soon. My expectation is tomorrow or Friday. Don't think it will last long in the current environment (maybe a couple of big green days) but it will happen because the algos won't be able to help themselves.

Ellery

Netflix lmao.

Could be a sign of things to come for QQQ.

Is that a glitch? -20% in after hours or what is happening?

edit : oh looks like numbers are not that great. I mean nowadays people are expecting every company to grow indefinitely and even if they had 7.8 billion subscribers the shareholders would expect another 10% growth next month

Last edited:

GHG

Is that a glitch? -20% in after hours or what is happening?

edit : oh looks like numbers are not that great. I mean nowadays people are expecting every company to grow indefinitely and even if they had 7.8 billion subscribers the shareholders would expect another 10% growth next month

The thing is... Netflix are the ones who gave the guidance (which inevitably got priced in and then some), so they only have themselves to blame.

Out of the FAANG the only one I'm optimistic on for earnings is Amazon because their forward guidance last time around was soft. In addition to the fact that the stock has underperformed on a 12 month basis. Even if they have shit earnings it's unlikely to have a huge sell off since people won't be able to take huge profit in doing so.

Last edited:

rochet

Loading up on intel even more.
Yup doing the same thing. With intel expanding their market into actual manufactoring of chips for general market, and also getting into the GPU market in a short supply market I think they are deemed to succeed. The CEO is the founder/engineer of the 486 chipset so I have high hopes.

The P/E ratio of INTC is 11 compared to:
AMD 37
NVDA 74
TSM 34
At 11 it is a value pay if the P/E could match the market standard of 30 of that sector then it would be a 3x fold price jump. Also S&P P/E ratio is AVG of 18. Just my opinion tho.

GHG

Yup doing the same thing. With intel expanding their market into actual manufactoring of chips for general market, and also getting into the GPU market in a short supply market I think they are deemed to succeed. The CEO is the founder/engineer of the 486 chipset so I have high hopes.

AMD 37
NVDA 74
TSM 34
At 11 it is a value pay if the P/E could match the market standard of 30 of that sector then it would be a 3x fold price jump. Also S&P P/E ratio is AVG of 18. Just my opinion tho.

Older companies like Intel aren't valued like everything else in their respective sectors because they are already so large (along with high market saturation) and their growth potential is limited.

It's a decent buy from a valuation perspective but for it to 3x it would take a major piece of news that results in market sentiment for the company improving 10 fold. The reason Nvidia is valued at the level it is today is because of euphoric optimism. But at that point it becomes more about stock momentum than it is about anything fundamental.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Older companies like Intel aren't valued like everything else in their respective sectors because they are already so large (along with high market saturation) and their growth potential is limited.

It's a decent buy from a valuation perspective but for it to 3x it would take a major piece of news that results in market sentiment for the company improving 10 fold. The reason Nvidia is valued at the level it is today is because of euphoric optimism. But at that point it becomes more about stock momentum than it is about anything fundamental.
There is quite a bit of bubbling enthusiasm for the new intel gpu's to disrupt. It could happen.

GHG

There is quite a bit of bubbling enthusiasm for the new intel gpu's to disrupt. It could happen.

I think they will need to have three things in their favour:
  • It needs to perform well and have solid driver support
  • The GPU shortage is still a thing
  • They exercise pricing power to take advantage of said shortage and any potential hype surrounding their new GPU
Also Intel has been here before, the market never forgets:

AMD 37
NVDA 74
TSM 34
Their growth is potentially massive long term due to their gpu investment and AI focus of which they’re already ahead of amd. Nvidia will have a lot of competition in the gpu server market. Graphics cards for the home market are not their main focus, they’re salivating at the server market.

That and them getting their heads out of their ass with the cpu market, building new fab plants etc… yeah, it’s an easy long term bet.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

Z8NgZnT.jpg

It isn't looking good lately. At least I can start buying into the market again.

I have no choice but to just average down on everything. Certainly not going to sell for a loss here, and just let all of my shares mature. This is fucked.

rochet

I think they will need to have three things in their favour:
  • It needs to perform well and have solid driver support
  • The GPU shortage is still a thing
  • They exercise pricing power to take advantage of said shortage and any potential hype surrounding their new GPU
Also Intel has been here before, the market never forgets:

Correct Intel did do graphics card in the past and got out of the business. However graphic cards back then where not popular in the tech industry. You didn't need a graphics card to game back then because the industry was still heavliy dependent on onboard motherboard graphics. Thats just my observation coming from myself, since I had a Voodoo 1 and 2 graphics card lol. Voodoo btw was the best lol i miss them they started AA and SLI technology. Also supposely Intel ARC graphics card is suppose to be cyrpto energy efficient. I dunno IMO im very optimistic.

zeorhymer

The honeymoon is over with Netflix. They have no plans after the saturation of market. They're banking on increased pricing to keep revenue looking the same.

Gp1

SP500 felt 10% this month "Doom! Bear market incoming!"
IBOV felt 5% today... "Where is the happy hour tonight guys?"

I was going to ask how you guys are feeling about Intel and Nvidia but it seems like you guys already discussed it yesterday.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
fuck my life. My portfolio has been red every single day since Jan 1st.

If Tesla doesn't impress on earnings.. oh boy.

How likely do you guys think that Russia will invade Ukraine? any russkies here?

fuck my life. My portfolio has been red every single day since Jan 1st.

If Tesla doesn't impress on earnings.. oh boy.

How likely do you guys think that Russia will invade Ukraine? any russkies here?

I'm not Russian, but I think it's not likely. For every 1 war that actually happens there are at least ten that people thought would and nothing happened.

Pretty sure war would be good for at least some of my portfolio so I'm not concerned. I mean the loss of life would be tragic but it has nothing to do with me.

Top Bottom