• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stray |OT| Cyberpussy 2077

mortal

Gold Member
AuLVfjX.jpg

ittrhqu.jpg

KzSEYQo.jpg

Kvally

Banned
I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Played it in 2 sittings. I would give it a 8/10. Ending could have been much better. I knew the game wasn't long going into it, but I was hoping it was longer. No question that I will buy Stray 2.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Stray is a game where you travel through a gritty cyber-city world as a completely normal cat. You’re not a super cat. You don’t have powers, you can fly, you’re just a totally normal stray cat. Meaning not only are you trying to make your way through this dangerous world, you’re also prone to scratching up furniture, playing with toys, and even getting bags stuck on your head. So check out the video for 10 ways the developers remind you that even though you pull off some pretty great feats in Stray, you’re still just a cat!Stray will be released on Jul 19, 2022 for PlayStation 4, PS5, and PC. It’s developed by BlueTwelve Studios and published by Annapurna Interactive

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
That trophy tied to running through level 2 without getting grabbed by those little shits......whoever thought that was a fun trophy can suck my fucking dick.

Why when running does the cat inexplicably slow down at weird times like the engine cant keep up or something and the whole zig zag idea is bullshit too because the little cock suckers input read
and jump in the direction your moving towards so you literally run right into one. What a fucking stupid ass trophy

Also, this is PS5 and one section of the main level....retrying from the menu shouldnt result in a 5 second load time it should be instant. In bullshit like this the 5 seconds to get to retry again are infuriating

EDIT- 30 + tries later i got it by dumb luck because some of the little fucks jumping at me got stuck in mid air somehow. What a horrible trophy! Glad thats over with

Last edited:

Doom85

Hopped in for the first time tonight, played a little over an hour. Really fun so far, and I love the world so far. Even if the ride is supposedly not very long, I can tell I’m in for a good time.

cat shaq GIF

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just finished it. Really enjoyed this one and loved the world. Use of color and environments were fantastic.

Will be grabbing the physical version when it releases.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I’ve played it for 4-5 sittings and think I’m near the end. I got all the sheet music etc. so have been taking my time.

I finished it today, really enjoyed it, gorgeous art direction in particular. Definitely buying a physical copy in September and I hope it comes to Xbox at some point.
Yes, I think I’ll get the physical to support the developer. Great game. Let’s hope it comes to Xbox soon so more people can play this.
That trophy tied to running through level 2 without getting grabbed by those little shits......whoever thought that was a fun trophy can suck my fucking dick.

Why when running does the cat inexplicably slow down at weird times like the engine cant keep up or something and the whole zig zag idea is bullshit too because the little cock suckers input read
and jump in the direction your moving towards so you literally run right into one. What a fucking stupid ass trophy

Also, this is PS5 and one section of the main level....retrying from the menu shouldnt result in a 5 second load time it should be instant. In bullshit like this the 5 seconds to get to retry again are infuriating

EDIT- 30 + tries later i got it by dumb luck because some of the little fucks jumping at me got stuck in mid air somehow. What a horrible trophy! Glad thats over with
That trophy was pure hell, must have taken me 50+ times, really tricky but finally got it as well.

mitch1971

Still doing it myself after 50 + tries. It's the randomness that's shit. This isn't about skill as it's more about RNG. I hate that kind of trophy. I've had those sticky fuckers come out of areas of the map that after tens of tries have never come out from that position before. I've got through to the last steps twice and never been caught at that point when just training for the trophy. The minute I get through the tough choke points and on to victory, it's like the game is saying Nah fuck you I'm gonna make the AI super sticky. I enjoyed the game, but man has this part soured some of the experience.

Thief1987

Yep, awful "challenge". I'm not spent too much time there, maybe 20 minutes, but still it was very stupid and annoying.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Still doing it myself after 50 + tries. It's the randomness that's shit. This isn't about skill as it's more about RNG. I hate that kind of trophy. I've had those sticky fuckers come out of areas of the map that after tens of tries have never come out from that position before. I've got through to the last steps twice and never been caught at that point when just training for the trophy. The minute I get through the tough choke points and on to victory, it's like the game is saying Nah fuck you I'm gonna make the AI super sticky. I enjoyed the game, but man has this part soured some of the experience.

Yeah i was inventing new cuss words lol Stick with it though, youll get it!!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Stray has been a pleasant surprise for me.

When I seen the trailer I thought it was going to be one of those games with lots of hype and little substance. I am 3 hours in and find the game really charming. They really nailed it down from a cats perspective too!

What can I say? I love the pussies!

Reactions: Isa

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out this Stray Spyro mod. There are now lots of new Stray gameplay mods from various imaginative creators. You've seen Stray Garfield, cats with glasses, and even the Stray cat in Doom, but now it's time for Spyro to take to the spotlight in this Stray Spyro the Dragon mod.

Last edited:

TexMex

Beat it tonight, cool game. Beautiful too, colors really popped on an OLED.

Also got that trophy everyone is complaining about. Each run is less than a minute and it probably took me 15-20 minutes of trying. Really not that big of a deal at all. People making it sound like the hardest trophy ever.

Agent X

I just completed Stray, and I must say that it was an excellent game! The artwork is great, the story moves along at a good pace, and the puzzles are simple but logical. It's a very well designed game overall. I definitely recommend it!

R6Rider

Gold Member
As a bonus, I now keep the game installed to use the controller speaker function while in party chat.

"Why is your cat purring so close to the mic?"

Watching this I can't help but get the dreaded word "downgrade" pop into my head. It's subtle, but noticeable nonetheless. Missing foliage, muted specular detail, lower shadow cast distance etc. On top of that I like the more muted color palette of the demo than in retail, but that's surely just a design choice rather than a technical one.

Certinty

Way better game than I expected in all honesty. Felt it was the perfect length too, far too many games are overly long so I’ll take one that’s overly short. Nice variety, great looking, good gameplay and a decent interesting story until the end to keep you hooked. Solid.

Bartski

Gold Member
Last trophy for the platinum. Speed run in under 2 hours.

2:03 minutes

Absolute bollocks. Don’t know if I can be arsed with another run. Great game but platinum is a tad annoying.
it's the second hardest one imo, not exactly generous. I think the trick is to have all open city sections figured out where it's easy to get lost, also deaths count in the timer.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
it's the second hardest one imo, not exactly generous. I think the trick is to have all open city sections figured out where it's easy to get lost, also deaths count in the timer.
Got it in about 1:45 on another try. Still love the game but a bit annoying for that platinum. Has inspired me to go back to cyberpunk and actually finish it and I’m enjoying it quite a bit now on PS5, it originally crashed my PS5 a few times running the PS4 version but the native version now seems perfect.

CoFF3Gw.png

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Loved the setting and the mood from this game. Gameplay is simple but enjoyable. You're a cat so, can't expect a super complex gameplay here.

Definetely a pretty good gem.

Still deciding if I tackle the platinum trophy or not.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Loved the setting and the mood from this game. Gameplay is simple but enjoyable. You're a cat so, can't expect a super complex gameplay here.

Definetely a pretty good gem.

Still deciding if I tackle the platinum trophy or not.

Just got the plat last night. Last trophy was story < 2hrs. Finished at 1hr 45min and that was with a few fuck ups. If i was more careful its easily doable in 1hr and 30 if you know the paths.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ok so I’m on Chapter 4 and have been doing a collectible run.

The game has crashed 4 times within the last 20 minutes and has took me back to the PS5 OS and asked me to submit an error report.

What’s going on?

People on Reddit have had similar problems.

I like this game a lot (the 1.5 hours I have played). It’s from the Ueda school of game design. Lovely.

But how the fuck has the game not been patched to fix this?

I’m packing it in now but I’m majorly pissed off. How was this issue not reported on more?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok so I’m on Chapter 4 and have been doing a collectible run.

The game has crashed 4 times within the last 20 minutes and has took me back to the PS5 OS and asked me to submit an error report.

What’s going on?

People on Reddit have had similar problems.

I like this game a lot (the 1.5 hours I have played). It’s from the Ueda school of game design. Lovely.

But how the fuck has the game not been patched to fix this?

I’m packing it in now but I’m majorly pissed off. How was this issue not reported on more?

PS5 version....Played through it fully once at 9 hrs with zero crashes, and then my second playthrough for the < 2 hrs story completion trophy for the platinum, zero crashes there either. Tweet something out to the devs and ask about it, they may respond there. Honestly, you're the first post ive seen mentioning crashes.

Banjo64

cumsessed
PS5 version....Played through it fully once at 9 hrs with zero crashes, and then my second playthrough for the < 2 hrs story completion trophy for the platinum, zero crashes there either. Tweet something out to the devs and ask about it, they may respond there. Honestly, you're the first post ive seen mentioning crashes.
I’m amazed I’ve not seen anything either until I searched for it.

There’s too many to keep posting. Just search ‘crashing’ on the Stray subreddit.

I don’t have Twitter, I’ll just wait for a fix I guess.

It’s definitely not my PS5 which has just been used to plat Lost Legacy yesterday and is now playing Crash 4 no issues.

Pain in the arse this!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's 1992 and Stray just came out on the original Game Boy!

This is the EIGHTH in a series of short demakes we're creating! (Quite frankly we figured we would've been done with Demakes by now, but we keep getting ideas. :))
Here we're taking you back in time with "Stray for Game Boy".
We did our best to capture the style and spirit of the original Game Boy. The colors, limitations and sound. There is a lot of inspiration pulled from Prince of Persia and Oddworld Adventures (the Game Boy ports), especially when it comes to gameplay, movement and audio. We also took some inspiration from Alley Cat for DOS.

Would you play this?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking with PBS News Hour, Brendan Gepson of the Nebraska Humane Society said the shelter sold several game codes through its Twitter account. Selling for $5 each, the initial fundraiser raised about $8,000.

Rafael Almeida, a volunteer at the Brazilian shelter Gatos De Francisca, held a raffle that raised enough money to spay 25 cats. One streamer was able to raise just over $1,500 within 30 minutes for felines, and Debbie Distanisloa of the Stray Cat Relief Fund and her team raised $6,500 through a 5K walkathon sponsored by Stray's publisher Annapurna Interactive.

Cyberpunkd

Just started this as my first PS5 game, it’s a lot of fun! Something different, simple and engaging.
I love the interactive help guide you can use when you get stuck.

Top Bottom