• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Damn it, I am on tilt so hard tonight. Just lost three consecutive Ranked matches against Ryus who solely spammed Hadoken and target combo and I just couldn't get in no matter what I did.

Did they use target combo as an antiair?

No, they'd just use it out of every single confirm. It frustrated me to see because it was obvious that they didn't know any actual combos and were relying on the absolute basics to get by. I felt like I should've known better and played better.

Ryce

Ancient Necalli
CsOyBYuVIAAA1JD.jpg

Ryu’s nomadic evolution
CtZsrTxUIAE2ZzK.jpg

Also, unless I mistranslated this, DLC stages will be receiving KOs/transitions in future updates:
今後追加されるステージにも、このような演出が入りますので楽しみにしていてください。

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So, I just downloaded the Urien update on PS4. I launch the game and I can't get past the "About Missions" screen. No buttons do anything... I tried reinstalling the game and redownloading the patch but no luck.

Any one know how to fix?

Zukuu

Banned
latest

That's how I feel against Necali as Birdie. What the fuck can I do against his fucking jabs and frame traps? I tried EVERY BUTTON and strategy, nothing - NOTHING helps apart from sneezing, and even that can be blocked and punished. Holy fuck did capcom think?
Even if I'm back at neutral game, he can punish EVERYTHING with his frigging c.LP xx wolverine. f.HP? Punished. HP Headbutt? Punished. df.HP slide? Punished. s.HP get's punished if in range, otherwise it's like a Hadoken and so slow, you can jab THEN jump and still punish it with a full combo. Jump in on him? HAHAHA between c.HP, jab and his srk good luck trying that.
Trying to interrupt his assault is rarely possible. Between his stomp - that's it. Everything else get's CH. Add in throws and his command grab and you are a sitting duck.
Not helping that his jab basically shuts down everything Birdie can even try when trying to apply pressure. It's not like you are in advantage after ANY of his knock downs, since you have to dash in first, at which point you eat a jab.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? How can I ever get dmg in? This feels like an 8-2 match up.

Also it's nigh impossible to release Birdies "reversal" (hahahah I called it reversal) on wake up without a meaty blocking your input. You better time that shit frame perfect. At one point he even interrupted it by activating his V-Trigger on my wakeup. Ingenious idea Capcom. Can we please remove that beyond useless chain and put his head-srk on that motion?

ggs. be careful with all those unsafe moves and remember that rog has a couple of ways through fireballs if you're too predictable. whenever aegis comes out I always get shook a bit lol. Def one of the best v triggers in the game.

Yeah, usually i don't throw tackles out like that. First time fighting Rog with Urien, and I was just trying to see what I could use to catch the dash punch. I screwed up on the V-trigger combos too many times. I gotta remember to let go of down back before you activate, otherwise you'll get the close aegis and mess up the combo.

Moaradin

I've been having a weird problem lately where any stage except training stage would drop frames after a few minutes and eventually the game looks like it's running in slow motion. I have no idea what's causing it. I didn't always have this issue. Tried lowering graphic options and it still happens.

edit: Alt Tabbing seems to trigger it as well. My game is just locked at 50 fps right now. What the hell...

Top Bottom