• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Releases on February 2, 2024 (Pre Order Bonus Details and Trailers Also Released)

bEMVgbM.jpg
u6plV15.jpg

I'm gonna go with a solid "maybe".

I guess this is inclusive, but it's hardly "spray paint the pride logo as a deaf black girl" in spider-man 2 levels of inclusion is it? it's 2023, not 2022! so hard pass for me, do better Rocksteady.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Might be an OK game, especially in co-op, let's say better than Gotham Knights at least.
But yeah, this is not a proper follow-up to Arkham quality, and WB just wasted the potential of a great studio with this GaaS crap.

Neolombax

They've avoided the GaaS portion of the game, when it was the most important update we wanted to know after the long radio silence. Nothing seems to have changed from their last preview. To me this still seems like Gotham Knights but with guns.

Also, including a footage of Arkham Knight at the start of the presentation was a pretty bad move I thought. That game still looks better than Suicide Squad.

They completely changed marketing this time and are trying to sell it as a story heavy movie game. Lol.

I always thought it looked cool cause of fast paced movement with good gunplay. Looking forward to it. Cautiously, could be day 1, if they don't fuck it up.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m not a big Suicide Squad fan. I saw the movie and read the first volume of the comic. I don’t get why it’s so revered. The characters are too weird. The Batman legacy was great, but maybe it was too much of the same thing for a while. I feel fine skipping this.

cripterion

Sorry but this is bad... I think the gaming industry should ease up on the hero fantasy much like Hollywood. It's overdone and badly done too.

Perrott

Gold Member
You can even see the purple blob you have to shoot for one enemy. All characters still use guns.
Don't you actually shoot orange blob with guns and in multiplayer co-op on this other, fondly remembered game by the gaming community that is Sunset Overdrive?

I think that once people stop looking for Batman: Arkham 4 in Suicide Squad and start to see it for what it is - an open-world third-person action shooter reminiscent of Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown and inFAMOUS - then they might be surprised by how the game accomplishes what it sets itself out to achieve.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll likely grab it depending on what I’m playing at the time.

I’m definitely going heavy into persona 3 remake, and yakuza infinite penises. If there’s time in between I may play it.

If it was on gamepass I’d easily give it a whirl.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Its GaaS comic book game, avoiding this type of shit is no brainer for me.

I have better games look forward to.
super-maro-rpg-remake_gif02.gif
ezgif-5-1044622b9f.gif
persona-persona-3-reload.gif
52a72e003026ef6a6f58c38505426f4e1079e779.gifv
giphy.gif
metaphor-refantazio.gif
5F24F9FB17C0DCCDDABDC6E7366878C2B6B231A0

What game is that before Elden ring dlc and after the ff7 remake part 2? Shin megami tensei ?

Salz01

Not sure why they delayed it. It doesn’t look that much better from the last I’ve they showed it. Kinda wonder if Sony asked them to delay till after Spider-Man released. Because it looks worse than it.

If WB was forcing them to do live service I’m shocked they didn’t leverage the green lantern IP

Hal Jordan
Jon Stewart
Guy Garder
Kyle Rener

Could gave them all construct guns or just fire construct blasts or something. Oa is your hub. Cinematic story against the other lantern corps. Play with your friends always online. Easter eggs to the wider Dc universe. I dunno seems more up rocksteadys alley than this.

FeralEcho

Lgbt Batman hahaha

Batman Arkham Knight on PS4 loaded shit faster and flew faster through the city 8 years ago.But I guess the PS4 also used "high-speed SSD capabilities". Sounds like it was higher speed than PS5's SSD from the looks of this dogshit 😂 Or maybe the devs weren't as talentless relying on marketing lies to promote their soulless garbage.

Also "jim ryan's PlayStation" is a fucking embarrasment with the way they treat their customers.We aren't retarded you fucks.Stop treating us like idiots with quotes like that.

I’m not a big Suicide Squad fan. I saw the movie and read the first volume of the comic. I don’t get why it’s so revered. The characters are too weird. The Batman legacy was great, but maybe it was too much of the same thing for a while. I feel fine skipping this.
Honestly, I don't think Suicide Squad has been popular to begin with. WB has just been forcing Suicide Squad onto the public for some reason, possibly because Harley Quinn is in it I guess.

Batman Arkham Knight on PS4 loaded shit faster and flew faster through the city 8 years ago.But I guess the PS4 also used "high-speed SSD capabilities". Sounds like it was higher speed than PS5's SSD from the looks of this dogshit 😂 Or maybe the devs weren't as talentless relying on marketing lies to promote their soulless garbage.

Also "jim ryan's PlayStation" is a fucking embarrasment with the way they treat their customers.We aren't retarded you fucks.Stop treating us like idiots with quotes like that.
“High speed traversal”

Sliding Premier League GIF by Chelsea FC

reektann

Just looks so lifeless, to me.

It’s interesting as I applied for a job at Rocksteady (not in game dev specifically) but I was seriously concerned that once this comes out it is going to completely bomb and WB will go mad and fire half the studio, so I went with a different company!

Ywap

Can't help but to feel bad for the studios that we suspect are forced to work on this type of games 🥺

This, Redfall, Avengers, Babylons etc. Must be very uninspiring to work on such projects 🤢

FingerBang

I dont understan the vitriol surronding this game.

Combat looks amazing and the city looks vibrant.

What more do you need from a rocksteady game?
I agree it looks good, but it's understandable if you think:

Rocksteady has gone from making amazing single player games to a co-op, live service game.
People have been burned by Gotham Knights, which too decided to be a co-op game

This is another Anthem in the making. They're all trying to be Bungie... at a time when Bungie too is struggling.

ManaByte

Gold Member
People have been burned by Gotham Knights
How? Co-op is an option in that but it plays like an open world Arkham game. I think a lot of people never even played it and are just angry over the co-op option. There’s never a point where you’re forced to play co-op.

Still not sold on the combat but I'm in anyway because I love Rocksteady's work. Gonna play exclusively as Harley in her classic outfit. Hopefully they didn't nerf the cheeks.
tumblr_nrin7xOApX1r5rk9to1_r1_540.gif

Top Bottom