• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Apenheul

_dementia said:
i've kinda dropped off too
none of my local friends have bought this game despite really enjoying it every time they play.

Same here, I know nobody else who's bought the game. Still, almost every weekend me and my friends (and they're all non-casual Wii owners) play TvC at my place.

Threi

notag
Sagitario said:
What's a wiimote zero?
Wiimote:
a)does your blockstrings/combos for you and
b) allows you to do charge moves without charging.

Zero as a character has very safe normals and specials that have little to no recovery, yet "trap" you in hit/blockstun because they are multihit. Basically if you try to punish you will most likely get hit anyways. Your only option is to variable counter/megacrash while blocking.

Combine that with a distance game zero shouldn't have but is possible by spamming his charge projectile with the wiimote in the above vid and you have a character that is bullshit to fight against at all ranges.

A Zero player who mashes buttons on the wiimote can give you trouble, a zero who mashes buttons and knows a little bit of what they are doing are just ridiculous.

And then you have the other noob chars, people who use ryu/tekkablade and mash out their level one all the time because its hard to punish if blocked (and they will probably just do it again if they have meter) and is super fast and can catch you from fullscreen. Random super ftl.

And then you have pokepokesoki. I respect these players a little more though because his slow speed can be a hindrance at times, but still a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a(hit),b,c OMG 30% HP gone...yeah.

Don't mind the venting but I am just extremely sick of people using combinations of Zero/Ryu/Tekka Blade/Soki online. Not to mention its always players that use those 4 that always seem to ragequit...

If it makes you feel better, I don't mash out level 1 with my Tekkaman Blade.
I am the shining hope.

But then again, that's because I typically aim to combo into my level 3.

jlevel13

I just can't believe there are still people even trying to play this online. The core game is great, but online was an inexcusable, frustrating disaster (at least trying to use it in the US).

jlevel13 said:
I just can't believe there are still people even trying to play this online. The core game is great, but online was an inexcusable, frustrating disaster (at least trying to use it in the US).
it's because nearly everyone with a Wii has a wireless connection, which as you know, is less stable than a wired connection in general. And of those people tons of them have their console sitting a mile away from the router
If the Wii had ethernet standard, I don't think this would be an issue.

Threi said:
And then you have pokepokesoki. I respect these players a little more though because his slow speed can be a hindrance at times, but still a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a(hit),b,c OMG 30% HP gone...yeah.
yep, you're definitely a Karas player :lol

Doorman

Of those four "noob" characters, the only one in any of my main teams is Tekkaman Blade (with Alex, for the curious), and while I like using his level 1 HC to cap off combos, I certainly wouldn't say I "mash it out" constantly. Tekkaman, on the other hand, I feel like I'm a little cheap with sometimes thanks to the range of his lance.

I haven't played in a while, thanks mostly to a combination of real life and Ace Attorney Investigations, but I don't want to give up yet. I need to put more time into ranked matches so I can finally get paired with someone that's not an omega master or whatever and actually get my rating raised a bit. Even if I only just play friend matches after that (which, so far, haven't been consistently unplayable for me), I'm tired of staring at the little SUPER ROOKIE next to my name.

dankir

Ryu and Soki player here

1548-0387-3348-3546

Let me know if you added me so I make sure to be online lol.

I did a video review at my homepage if you guys want to see.

Such a good game :)

EDarkness

jlevel13 said:

I have issues with the game to be sure, but playing online isn't one of them. So far my games have been mostly awesome. Not sure why some people have problems and others don't, though. I'm even in Japan. Online play has been pretty fun so far. By the way, I'm using a wireless connection.

EDarkness said:
I have issues with the game to be sure, but playing online isn't one of them. So far my games have been mostly awesome. Not sure why some people have problems and others don't, though. I'm even in Japan. Online play has been pretty fun so far. By the way, I'm using a wireless connection.

Are you only playing people who also live in Japan? People there on average probably have faster internet connections and the smaller size of the homes (in general) means you're not likely to face somebody who has their router several rooms away from their Wii.

EDarkness

Little Green Yoda said:
Are you only playing people who also live in Japan? People there on average probably have faster internet connections and the smaller size of the homes (in general) means you're not likely to face somebody who has their router several rooms away from their Wii.

I have it set to worldwide. Oh, and my house is pretty big...strangely enough. Heh, heh.

Guess you're lucky then (wifi-wise and house-wise lol). Most of my matches have some noticeable input lag but still playable. But every now and then there's going to be a horribly laggy match where the screen literally freezes for a few seconds before continuing.

Wish I knew if I forwarded my ports correctly though :lol . For w/e reason I can't check my Wii's IP address in my router's settings (it shows up as a wireless device connected to my network but doesn't display an IP address). Back when it did show the IP address, it always defaulted to 192.168.1.104 despite my efforts to set the static IP to something like 192.168.1.50

My online tends to be pretty good as well but my Wii is also nearly right next to my router.

I haven't played this game in about 2 weeks or so......mostly because I started to go on a day to day losing streak against EVERYONE online,I could never win at all (I do suck though).
Usually I am fine with this as I believe it helps me learn but I seemed to be doing the opposite.

Then I played my boyfriend who had never touched the game.

I still couldn't win, not even once.......

I'm was actively getting worse at the game, so hopefully time away from the game has taught me some new tricks.:lol

EDarkness

Little Green Yoda said:
Guess you're lucky then (wifi-wise and house-wise lol). Most of my matches have some noticeable input lag but still playable. But every now and then there's going to be a horribly laggy match where the screen literally freezes for a few seconds before continuing.

I've never had any problems with the screen freezing and such. Probably luck on my part, but in the many games I've played online, I haven't had any issues. Just takes a long time to find a match. Heh, heh. Wish I could help you with your router issues, though. :(

I haven't played this game in about 2 weeks or so......mostly because I started to go on a day to day losing streak against EVERYONE online,I could never win at all (I do suck though).
Usually I am fine with this as I believe it helps me learn but I seemed to be doing the opposite.

Heh, heh. I'm basically in the same boat. I've had some damn close matches, but I can't seem to win one. It's depressing and really takes the wind out of my sails for the day. Which is probably why I only play this in spurts. Not being able to win a game pretty much kills my motivation. <sniff>

well like all fighting games, the more time you put into it, the better you'll get

as for Yami, he's easy, just block any attack he does and then hit him with basic attacks

and remember that the grab that he does can be super jumped over, and worst case, if he does grab you, you can mega crash to get out of it and avoid taking lots of damage

Doorman

Yami's just kind of annoying because, as the final challenge of arcade mode, he doesn't test your ability with your characters and their strategies, he just tests your ability to fight against Yami. No stuns, no major combo opportunities, a number of Hyper Combos won't properly activate against him...it's just a matter of alternating blocks with attacks and occasionally jumping over his big attacks. It's not a bad fight, just kind of bleh.

Between AAInvestigations, Mega Man 10, and the Monster Hunter Tri demo, I am SO out of practice with this game...and now I realize that it's all Capcom's fault. Curse you and your good games, Capcom! :lol

Sagitario

Yes, I'm guessing it's all about practice, but I'm a very casual fighting player [very, very casual :p]...

Any recommended character(s) for a newbie?
Also, super jump? Mega crash?

One of the ways to beat Yami consistently is to block its well-telegraphed attacks and subsequently punish with a counter-attack. Learning to do this is quite helpful against most of the weaker players online. Block, then punish. My win % was in the low 20s when I first started playing online; it has risen to the low 40s since I adopted this approach.
of course, it might just have increased because the better players have stopped playing random Wifi in lieu of Friend matches <_<

Sagitario said:
Also, super jump? Mega crash?

Super jump = tap down followed by up (using up-back or up-foward allows you to SJ in those directions instead of straight up)
MegaCrash = all the attack buttons + partner to break out of an opponent's combo (it does cost you a little bit of life and 2 bars of meter)

Pro-tip: all these and more are in the instruction manual!

You should probably pick a character that appeals to you since it takes some time and practice to get reasonably good enough to win some Wifi matches. If you don't have any real preference, you can't go wrong with Ryu or Chun Li. Ken and Jun are also apparently easy to pick up.

ReiGun

Sagitario said:
As much as I hate to recommend them, Ryu/Batsu seems like a pretty good choice. They're almost like two of the same character. Zero is pretty good as well.

Add me to the list of people that are out of practice. My attempts to get my friends into this game have largely failed, and the two of the four or so kids at my uni who did play won't anymore cause I kept beating them :'( . Plus, between school, work, and FF13/MM10, I just havent found time to give this a go. Probably gonna play tonight. Need to level up my Joe C. and Roll.

Got my PS2>GC Joybox converter on Monday. Haven't really had time to play so I'm putting in some practice with the stick tonight! :D

EDIT: OH FUCK! Thanks for the link, Threi. Forgot it was FRXIII weekend! :lol

ReiGun

TvC tourney was hype. Zero player or no, it was great watching Marn beat Justin (nothing against Justin, of course). Just what I needed to get me back in the game. :D

Online now if anyone wants to play. (0560-8209-6010)

Hiltz

For online play, I generally use Ryu, Batsu, Tekkaman Blade, Tekkaman, Joe the Condor, Zero, Morrigan, Polimar, Saki, Casshan, and Viewtiful Joe.

I'll occasionally use Chun Li, Yatterman - 2, Doronjo, Jun the Swan, and Ippatusman.

I almost never use Alex, Voltnutt, Yatterman - 1, Roll, Karas, Soki, Ken the Eagle, Frank West, PTX-40A and Gold Lightan.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone play with Doronjo online.

I personally hate Voltnutt and Roll.

ReiGun said:
As much as I hate to recommend them, Ryu/Batsu seems like a pretty good choice. They're almost like two of the same character.

Why do I keep seeing people say this? Batsu plays NOTHING like Ryu.

Is it because they both have blue projectiles or something?

ReiGun

viewtiful_dru said:

Actually.....that's exactly why. :lol That and I just notice that Batsus I fight play very similarly to Ryus I fight. I dont play either character, so I honestly dont know what they really play like.

MWCShay

I really hate playing people online that spam the same damn combo over and over! Which one of you bastards was online the other day using Batsu? I pretty much hate you and your next of kin.

Love the roster on this game more than SF4, the SF4 roster is boring in comparison. Some of the Tatusnoko characters (none of which I have heard of) are pretty damn awesome.

I love Batsu, Karas, the Onimusha dude, Zero and Gold Lightan.

Beat the crap out of someone online yesterday with Gold Lightan.

MWCShay said:
I really hate playing people online that spam the same damn combo over and over! Which one of you bastards was online the other day using Batsu? I pretty much hate you and your next of kin.

Love the roster on this game more than SF4, the SF4 roster is boring in comparison. Some of the Tatusnoko characters (none of which I have heard of) are pretty damn awesome.

I love Batsu, Karas, the Onimusha dude, Zero and Gold Lightan.

Beat the crap out of someone online yesterday with Gold Lightan.

Haha, I beat up someone with the ole Forward + HA throw continuum with P-90X or whatever his name is the other day. Felt overjoyed and corrupted all at the same time...but a friend did it to me, so I had to pass it along :lol

I really am loving the game though. Recently got back into it more seriously and seems like I've gotten much better. I was crap before, but I think I'm like entry level, so its progress :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
viewtiful_dru said:

Yeah, Morrigan is way closer to a shoto than Batsu is.

Forkball

I've been playing online lately, and while it took me ten matches to finally win one, I'm enjoying it. I started off with Ryu/Jun, but it's a bit difficult to pull off her bomb move since you can't get hit while it's on your opponent. Her partner move also isn't that great unless you plan on switching her in ASAP. Dancing Swan is good, but many people see it coming and it has a long start up. Right now I'm trying Ryu/Polimar. At first I had no idea how Polimar worked, but now that I have some idea, he's a blast. I'm by no means an expert with Polimar, but I've noticed that many people online have no real strategy for defending against him. Probably because no one really uses him because he's so different from everyone else. His specials are hard to hit, but when they do, it's totally worth it.

Also, no offense if you use Zero... but fuck Zero users. They use the same combo every damn time. I did get immense satisfaction by defeating a Morrigan/Zero team who had over 2000 BP with my Ryu/Polimar team when I had a paltry 150 BP or so. Morrigan went down easily enough, but then Zero came out and it was spam city.

ReiGun

Forkball said:
Also, no offense if you use Zero... but fuck Zero users. They use the same combo every damn time. I did get immense satisfaction by defeating a Morrigan/Zero team who had over 2000 BP with my Ryu/Polimar team when I had a paltry 150 BP or so. Morrigan went down easily enough, but then Zero came out and it was spam city.
My man. *high fives Forkball*
I commend you for picking up Polimar. I tried to use him, and he's pretty tough. Still manages to be great fun though when you make something work. Especially something that involves Genei Hurricane (lv. 3. no idea what it's called in English :p)

So for those interested, someone at Gamefaqs actually managed to compile ALL the victory dialog in the game. I didn't think Capcom would make custom dialog for every possible matchup! Bravo Capcom!

Doronjo vs Morrigan:
H-H-H-H-Hey! There could be children
watching this! You don't have a shred
of decency, do you? Show some self-control!

So many gems :lol

Also it seems there was a stealth blog updated regarding the the Ultimate All Shooters stages

Found on the Gamefaqs Board said:
Stage A Goals
Under 1100 points: to B
1100+ points: to C

Stage B Goals
Under 3 container items collected: to D
3+ container items collected: to E

Stage C Goals
Under 3 container items collected: to E
3+ container items collected: to F

Stage D Goals
Under 100 kills: G
100+ kills: H

Stage E Goals
Under 100 kills: H
100+ kills: I

Stage F Goals
Under 20 kills: I
20+ kills: J

Chun-Li vs Chun-Li:
After fighting you I can't but wonder...
Are my thighs really that thick?

Those quotes really remind me of the Japanese versions of the Capcom vs SNK games. A lot of those characters had specific win quotes as well.

Maybe when I get some time I should get online and see how rusty I really am.

Top Bottom