• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Forkball said:
I've been playing online lately, and while it took me ten matches to finally win one, I'm enjoying it. I started off with Ryu/Jun, but it's a bit difficult to pull off her bomb move since you can't get hit while it's on your opponent. Her partner move also isn't that great unless you plan on switching her in ASAP. Dancing Swan is good, but many people see it coming and it has a long start up. Right now I'm trying Ryu/Polimar. At first I had no idea how Polimar worked, but now that I have some idea, he's a blast. I'm by no means an expert with Polimar, but I've noticed that many people online have no real strategy for defending against him. Probably because no one really uses him because he's so different from everyone else. His specials are hard to hit, but when they do, it's totally worth it.

hmm... I just started using Jun but I have some tips:

the trick to doing the bomb move is if it connects, have it explode immediately unless you plan on running away

her assist is good because it helps you lengthen your ground combos, just hit the button right after

anyways people, when are you on? add me and play me (hit me up on aim or PM)

Hiltz

I've encountered a decent amount of Polimar players during online matches.

Personally, I love using Polimar in the arcade mode but I'll occasionally use him in online matches. I think his third hyper move is one of the coolest in the game.

Does anyone know how to temporarily latch onto an opponent when using that anchor chain while playing as Karas? I'm using the Wii controls but when I perform the attack all it does it hit the opponent and immediately retracts back to me. I've seen some players use it against me online.

I plan on switching to the classic pro controller once I get the Monster Hunter Tri bundle next month.

The official Japanese blog posted a guide on how to get all the icons:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20100319_2008.html

Edit: GameFAQs topic with a translation:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=953921&topic=53985149

There are a few discrepancies on that translated list though. Ryu's second icon (Black Belt) and Batsu's second icon (Taiyo Crest) seem to be earned by using their Lvl 3 Hyper Moves three times in one battle. (There is another method also involving the Rival List apparently.)

Doorman

It is getting increasingly harder to not rage immensely at nearly every online ranked match in this. It's like the game implements some sort of rule that says I'm not allowed to block anything ever. I'm willing to chalk some of it up to the auto-combos of the Wiimote control option and I'm starting to get more and more tempted to try it, because I feel like I'm at a disadvantage in any match involving the slightest bit of input lag.

It's not even that I care about having a high rank so much, I'm just tired of the game calling me various levels of rookie when I know I'm better than that, but am unable to prove so.

But eh, I still have fun playing some friends and even the occasional funny moments in random matchups, and at least I'm starting to nail down who's in my main teams. Next step, getting my ass handed to me by the good folks of GAF, I guess.

Ookami-kun said:
In recent news, Capcom is happy with TvC's current sales. I wonder if it means a sequel.

Well it certainly adds credibility to the MvC3 rumor. Like I said though, as much as I'd like to see Marvel again, and I certainly wouldn't complain, it'd be nice if Capcom made an expanded Tatsunoko sequel first not only with more characters obviously, but a no cut corners localization (Anime cutscenes and dual audio would be nice)

Doorman

Ookami-kun said:
In recent news, Capcom is happy with TvC's current sales. I wonder if it means a sequel.
Even though all the NPD threads and stuff through February, we never did get an idea of the actual numbers of what TvC sold, did we? The only thing I remembered was something like ~30k for the one week it was available in January. I do hope they consider the game a success, it completely deserves it.
And to be completely honest, these resurfacing rumors of an imminent MvC3 actually have me a little concerned. I feel like as soon as it gets announced, TvC will be abandoned. Hopefully not, but I'm with Choppasmith that I'd much rather see a TvC2 or a Capcom vs. someone else new before Marvel gets revisited. I still haven't forgotten Niitsuma's interview, so I'm pulling for Capcom vs. Nintendo, even though that's a pie-in-the-sky's chance of ever happening.

heringer

So, apparently Capcom is pleased with TvsC sales. I wonder if there will be a Wii version of MvsC3.

[Tatsunoko Vs Capcom] certainly beat the initial expectations. It didn't set any land speed records, but it was a success. And that's really saying something considering that we're talking about a game that was not only never coming out, but has a title that most people can't even pronounce. - Capcom's Seth Killian

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-talks-the-vs-series-past-present-and-future-172108.phtml

MYE

heringer said:
So, apparently Capcom is pleased with TvsC sales. I wonder if there will be a Wii version of MvsC3.

[Tatsunoko Vs Capcom] certainly beat the initial expectations. It didn't set any land speed records, but it was a success. And that's really saying something considering that we're talking about a game that was not only never coming out, but has a title that most people can't even pronounce. - Capcom's Seth Killian

http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-talks-the-vs-series-past-present-and-future-172108.phtml

Came here to post this :D

And to answer yout question: No

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If we get a version of MvC3 it'll be at least a year after the PS360 versions come out. :/

I think that statement is more interesting when applied to the thought of Ultra TvC or TvC2.

Doorman

Andrex said:
If we get a version of MvC3 it'll be at least a year after the PS360 versions come out. :/

I think that statement is more interesting when applied to the thought of Ultra TvC or TvC2.
The pessimist in me says that neither will happen. More likely they'll just use it as fuel to support more Vs. fighters on the HD systems. I hope I'm wrong, because TvC is still fun to me. I keep tweaking and reworking my main teams, it's weird to me how characters I do well with suddenly drop off in effectiveness.

I'm glad to hear that, in Capcom's eyes at least, the game didn't bomb or anything. For the quality of the game itself, TvC probably deserves more than what it got, but if the publisher is happy, I'm certainly not going to complain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hope to god MvC3 keeps baroque or something similar, it really helps to speed up the game fantastically. Lower your life bar and potentially their's by even more? Fantastic!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sagitario said:
Well... Capcom was porting the MT Framework engine to the Wii, right? :p

People keep saying this but I've never heard them say anything even close to it...

Sadist

Andrex said:
People keep saying this but I've never heard them say anything even close to it...
Svenson from Capcom USA confirmed this ages ago on Capcom-unity.

Ontopic, I'm glad TvsC sold well enough :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sadist said:
None at this point, but Capcom has more Wii projects in the works so I guess we'll see won't we?

I can hardly wait for Spyborgs 2 on MT Framework.

Who ...is this next to Niitsuma? Picture from the Nintendo launch event.

4301014182_9dec7979e7.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit! Roll!

SRK said:
Puddle Sweeping : New Roll Mechanic

(All credits to Magno (MagnomanX?) to be the person to find this little thing)

Puddle Sweeping :
For every Puddle that Roll sweeps she gains a PERMANENT damage buff that lasts the remainder of the match. The maximum damage from this mechanic tops out after 5 sweeps, so afterwards, while you can continue to sweep puddles, your damage output will not increase.

This is separate from the damage buff she receives from charging her broom, but they do stack together. The buff applies to all of her normals, specials, and supers. Her damage stops increasing after she sweeps a total of 5 puddles. At this point, (if you know how to relaunch of course) her damage output is on par with Tekkaman.

How to do :
Pretty self explanatory, lay down any number of puddles and use a broom or turbo broom sweep to mop them up.

~New Info~
"I believe you get the full 5 puddle power up with just one puddle if you sweep it up with Roll's super. It's a much quicker way to gain that boost when you can find an opening for it." ~ph33r me n00b skillz

I disregarded this at first but after more testing this seems to be the case. If Roll is ON TOP OF A PUDDLE and activates her TURBO sweep (the super) she gets the FULL benefit of ALL FIVE PUDDLE SWEEPS. For the cost of 1 meter. You will know you have done this correctly when you see a ball of light appear around Roll as soon as you activate the super.

Damage numbers :
(all done with Charged broom on Ryu at full health)

Level 3 Super
No Puddle ~ 25,018
One Puddle ~ 27,515
Two Puddles ~ 30,015
Three Puddles ~ 32,518
Four Puddles ~ 35,020
Five Puddles ~ 37,524

2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3C
No Puddle ~ 8,205
One Puddle ~ 9,023
Two Puddles ~ 9,843
Three Puddles ~ 10,664
Four Puddles ~ 11,484
Five Puddles ~ 12,306

Relaunch Combo (2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 3C, J.AABB, 236-B, 3C, J.AABBC)
Five Puddles ~ 26,959

Safe Setups :

With Charged Broom 1 Meter (will not work in corner)
2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 236-A, 623-A, [Charge Back] 6-AB

Safe Setup for FULL Puddle Boost :
(Needs Cash assist / Charged Broom / Baroque/ 1 or 2 meters)

2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 236-A, BBQ, 623-A, Assist, [immediately jump forward and hold down-back] Sweep Super, [Optional DHC into Cash Geiser Super to make COMPLETELY safe]

Does not work in corner. Time assist so that Cash hits your opponent OTG.

And here's a vid for reference!

Simply amazing! It's really annoying that MvC fans hate her so much they can't stand the concept of her possibly being any good or desirable in MvC3.

I really do love this game. I really want to show off my Tekkaman and Chun-li team, but online for the most part is too laggy most of the time.
And holy crap at Marn going to work.

Teknoman

Man too wrapped up in SSFIV...going to try and get in some fights with my friends tomorrow.

Also just realized that i've never played anyone here online in TvC (and i've got a ton of you guys on my friends list) :lol

Top Bottom