• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

AJUMP23

If you can’t sense which twin is which then you are a terrible force user. This is Jedi 101 sense the dark side.

And I don’t know who the acolyte Sith is. I think I am supposed to recognize him. But I have no idea. Maybe the guy repairing stuff with good twin in the first episode.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If you can’t sense which twin is which then you are a terrible force user. This is Jedi 101 sense the dark side.

And I don’t know who the acolyte Sith is. I think I am supposed to recognize him. But I have no idea. Maybe the guy repairing stuff with good twin in the first episode.
Haven’t watched yet but I’ve been assuming it’s gonna be the guy who made the poison that killed the floating guy.

(Aka the guy from The Good Place)

Last edited:

Toons

Ima start this off by saying I don't care what anyone else says, this was gas. It is completely obvious to me they were saving all the real meat for ep 4 so reviewers couldn't spoil. So I went in expecting them to show out and they did.

Legitimately immediate top 3 lightswber fights in star wars history contender right out the gate. The way its shot, paced, framed, it is all god tier. And actual Jedi dying brutally. A child getting 3 holes poked through her torso on screen, courtesy of Disney. A dude getting man of steel'd right after. I've never been one of the "Disney kiddies things" people but I never imagined I'd see lightsaber combat like this and happening to main characters.

This is exactly the sort of bold stuff the franchise needs. Ppl will be talking about these for a long while, no one was expecting these characters to die like this. The reveal im mixed on, it was telegraphed and a lot of people speculated, but man I really liked the actor as he got to ham it up playing the villain. Completely different aura from before, like he was acting in two different shows.

Well done guys. More of this.

The hughest ranking jedi in coruscsnt didn't even sense Palpatine for 20 years and he was conducting sith meetings 3 floors up from them. As a criticism, that kinda falls flat. Not entirely invalid, but given the way this show has played out i literally have no idea what they are gonna do next. And that's a good thing.

Hes been alongside mae since ep 2, he maid the potion she used to kill torbin and he got strung up last epsidoe. Idk how you could have missed him up til now.

God... that shot of Jecki getting lin cushioned from backside pov is so good. And now looking back it was entirely correct for Yord to have listened to Sol and gotten tf out of there.

AJUMP23

The hughest ranking jedi in coruscsnt didn't even sense Palpatine for 20 years and he was conducting sith meetings 3 floors up from them. As a criticism, that kinda falls flat. Not entirely invalid, but given the way this show has played out i literally have no idea what they are gonna do next. And that's a good thing.

Hes been alongside mae since ep 2, he maid the potion she used to kill torbin and he got strung up last epsidoe. Idk how you could have missed him up til now.

God... that shot of Jecki getting lin cushioned from backside pov is so good. And now looking back it was entirely correct for Yord to have listened to Sol and gotten tf out of there.
Vader and Obi wan could sense each other. Familiarity and friendship. Part of what the good twin and the Jedi guy have with each other. Palatines office is not in the Jedi temple it is in the senate and you see them taking ships to visit him.

it is a minor criticism but I just think it is weak not to notice.

sith has swole arms and I just didn’t care about the other people. But that is fair writing to keep him there and unknown.

Toons

Vader and Obi wan could sense each other. Familiarity and friendship. Part of what the good twin and the Jedi guy have with each other. Palatines office is not in the Jedi temple it is in the senate and you see them taking ships to visit him.
Vader didn't sense Luke in epsidoe 4, and Luke didn't sense Leia until epsiode 6. In the clone wars, when obi wan faked his death to infiltrate a bounty hunter circle, anakin didn't sense it. Ahsoka also didn't sense Anakin until half his mask got sliced in repels. Theres many instances of familiar not sensing each other for various reasons but the reason sol didn't sense osha has already been implied if not directly given: she seems too have cut herself off from the force.

Back in episode 1 seen the ship was going down she was being transported in, osha tried to use the force to pull her droid to her and couldn't do it. She hasn't used the force at all since. She no longer is "connected" to it.

it is a minor criticism but I just think it is weak not to notice.

sith has swole arms and I just didn’t care about the other people. But that is fair writing to keep him there and unknown.

I gotta say I'm not familiar with this actor but he managed to be convincing as a bumbling idiot and an edgy evil guy, so he's got variety. Im generally not to pricky with acting in SW as I think the majority of SW content gets by on acting that is serviceable at best, and yes I include the OT in that. But when there's solid work I notice.

Pantz

I still like it better than Ahsoka.
Lots of cool Jedi getting killed by a cool muscle Sith. What more can I ask for?
The Parent Trap switch up is a little disconcerting.
I hope they will put together another group of Jedi (to you know...)

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Darth Teeth isn't the master. He's the apprentice trying to train an apprentice (an Acolyte).

Cortosis was on screen for the first time ever. The Jedi seemed shocked because it's so rare.

The fight choreographer is obviously big fan of Fallen Order/Survivor.

The guy from this video thrives on creating clickbait videos based on madeup claims and speculations. Nothing he said over the years was ever true, so I would take everything from his channel with a grain of salt

LOL they mock him on the sets of every Star Wars production. If someone tosses something in a trash can and misses, they call it "Zeroh'd".

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The guy from this video thrives on creating clickbait videos based on madeup claims and speculations. Nothing he said over the years was ever true, so I would take everything from his channel with a grain of salt
It was true that her character was supposed to be in other shows. US$ 15 million?! Probably not, but I have no fucking idea anymore. Shit is getting out of hand money wise with those productions

Emergency reunions after the bad reviews could be considered a fact since this situation is kinda similar to the whole Battlefront 2 shebang, which they announce to have damage meetings with EA. Because of the video of Amandla dancing?! Probably not, but since this video also helps with the backlash, is fair to assume to someone said something during those meetings, not much tho

I have no idea who this guy is, and 99% of those bold big letter videos are clickbait, still, those points are true

@thread

RLM says that they could do something more subtil, like Robocop criticizing capitalism, or Ghost Busters that has the state fucking their private company. Still, both of those movies are the story in the front, not changing the force (again)

Trilobit

Gold Member
I have to rinse my soul with clips from the original trilogy after each episode. In the right hands we could have had amazing stories and felt incredible anticipation for every future movie. I wish Lucas would have sold the rights to a better studio. Imagine if we could have had the quality of Nolan's The Dark Knight in a modern Star Wars film.

I'm incredibly disappointed by the lightsabers in this show. I understand the need to have a lightsource that casts light on the actors, but they need to up the CGI. They look like glowsticks instead of incredibly powerful and lethal weapons.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

RLM says that they could do something more subtil, like Robocop criticizing capitalism, or Ghost Busters that has the state fucking their private company. Still, both of those movies are the story in the front, not changing the force (again)

The problem is the so called "modern audiences" are too dumb to notice it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
That’s not a flesh wound.
UVFZYnU.jpeg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Triangles, circles and Yin Yang symbols have been prevalent in this series thus far. I think the triangle in Keen's character is representing something... Still not sure what they represent tho.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Triangles, circles and Yin Yang symbols have been prevalent in this series thus far. I think the triangle in Keen's character is representing something... Still not sure what they represent tho.

For me, it shows that Qimir's character was wronged horribly by the Jedi. At east according to him. He hates them in a way that not even Palpatine hated the Jedi. He doesn't even give them names. They're merely objects to him.

I can't wait to see how this plays out. The first few episodes were whatever. But this is straight up Andor territory now.

Kazdane

Gold Member
Really liked this episode. It seemed obvious that the Sith was going to be Qimir, but everything else I was not expecting. The coreography was great, the fights were brutal and the story might end up being something great.
It also seemed obvious that both Qimir and Sol have noticed they have the other twin now. So if that's really the case, I'm looking forward to how they develop this (particularly why Mae, who's hell bent on killing the four Masters, including Sol, hasn't done so yet)

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Notice how the Sith keeps bringing the Jedi back to the same place he first attacked them in. For those more steeped in the lore: does this have a meaning?

Kazdane

Gold Member
Have a little faith (or don't? lol)! I mean, maybe I'm just way too naive. But so far I've enjoyed all new Star Wars and Star Trek shows. Sure, some were more engaging (Andor was brilliant, imo) some were worse (episodes VIII and IX were rough), but I just couldn't find myself hating any of them. I'd rather get new content than nothing at all (especially if you can tell there's been thought and care put into it, which I feel it has). If I ever feel like watching the old series/movies, I can just watch them whenever, but there's no surprise factor in those.

Top Bottom