• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The actress just made a song

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Would/10, but only after the seizure subsides.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

I don't get it. Has she been the target of actual racism? or she coping because her show is bombing?
Does she think it's racist to not like her show? and if so... what about the non-white people that dislike this show?
Also, she's an actress... why would she think me or anyone else care about what she thinks when it comes to politics?

What a world man. At least we get some deserved laughs from all this cringe.

Dev1lXYZ

Star Wars mystery stories never turn out well. Attack of The Clones is considered the weakest of the prequel movies.

Unfortunately, the powers that be marketed it in a way that pissed off the fanbase in the middle of a huge controversy developing with the entire corporation's hiring practices.

Neon Xenon

My most interest in Star Wars TV or film currently is observing (the absolute state of) The Acolyte, and getting back into watching Andor tonight.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Not that this is going to change my (already low) opinion on The Acolyte at this point, but I did spot this song posted elsewhere and just shook my head.
It's an embarrassing reaction from the actress, and I can't tell if it was something that planned beforehand, but it's just on brand for everything else I've seen in regards to the promotion for this show.

Alex11

Joking and hate for the prequels aside, this moment, then, and even how now when I watch it, it has a certain mystery and wonder to it.

It may be that the actors did their job and they were chosen based on that and had charisma.

Comparing it to this abysmal show, as how they deal with similar situations and plot, it's just bonkers, can't believe what I'm watching.
And think it was my last episode, can't be a part of this, I really don't watch shows just to do something or I'm bored.

TheUsual

Gold Member
The show has been pretty meh so far but I'm looking forward to the SHOCKING TWIST explaining how/why Jason (from The Good Place) became Darth Underbite:

DnfN4BI.jpeg
If he takes the helmet off, I would love him to use his Jason Mendoza persona from TGP. It would somehow fit.

Ozzie666

This show is certainly something, I'll give it that.
Here's hoping Skeleton Crew is much better than this lore breaking, heart breaking show.

It's a trainwreck you have to finish just to keep up with all the law suits.

Commiserations to people who still watch this stuff - I just read about it.

I don't know how we got to the point where Harvey Weinstein's female personal assistant gets to make a terrible Star Wars show that undermines the entire mythos, but I guess that's where we are. And then she employs a mixed-race black woman with a Colin Kaepernick complex who makes the whole thing even more of a trainwreck. It's just incredible how woke culture has destroyed pop culture.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I don't know how we got to the point where Harvey Weinstein's female personal assistant gets to make a terrible Star Wars show that undermines the entire mythos, but I guess that's where we are.

This is how:

Madflavor

Gold Member
This is how:

Couldn't help but notice Leslye Headland is the sole creator of The Acolyte, whereas she created Russian Doll with two other women, one of them being Amy Poehler. Makes me think this is one of those situations where one person was the brain child of a story, while others creatives made sure the execution of ideas didn't suck.

Couldn't help but notice Leslye Headland is the sole creator of The Acolyte, whereas she created Russian Doll with two other women, one of them being Amy Poehler. Makes me think this is one of those situations where one person was the brain child of a story, while others creatives made sure the execution of ideas didn't suck.
Ironically, I think I've heard before that this is exactly what happened with Star Wars when George Lucas was working on it.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Ironically, I think I've heard before that this is exactly what happened with Star Wars when George Lucas was working on it.
To be fair Gary Kurtz had a massive chip on his shoulder after quitting before ROTJ to produce The Dark Crystal. He chose a movie that bombed and Lucas became a billionaire.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I rather focus on the positive than the negative... There's negative for sure but the positive, IMO, outweighs the negative.

Disagree with me but when I get Disney Plus back, I'm binging everything I missed.

But Boba Fett... Negatives outweighs the positive ... The Mando parts were great tho.

8bitpill

I'm glad I haven't even had a smidge of interest in this since the announcement of a "Sith" series when it was announced years ago.

This looks like a edgy Hallmark series with space magic and a half cup of BET added to the mix.

Anything that has been shown in images or short videos I've come by looks like a low budget series.

Here is to putting "urban culture" into Star War.

star-wars-twerk.gif

jason10mm

Gold Member
To be fair Gary Kurtz had a massive chip on his shoulder after quitting before ROTJ to produce The Dark Crystal. He chose a movie that bombed and Lucas became a billionaire.
Sure, but Dark Crystal is AMAZING and a feather in anyones cap. Damn Netflix for cancelling the prequel after just one season, AFTER they built all the sets and puppets. WTF?

Hudo

Gold Member

I swear to fucking god, Jar Jar Binks was peak genius compared to this.

I fail to understand how this shit got greenlit and then filmed and made. There are so many fucking instances to go through and no one said "... that's the worst shit I have ever seen"? This series is the fucking Fiat Multipla (first gen) of Star Wars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom