• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Star Break is over! The NEW MLB Thread - This half we get stickied for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
OH yes baby, it's time for the Oakland Athletics to make their patented second half push! Will they win 20 in a row again? Will they go undefeated? WILL THEY MAKE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS?

Eric Chavez says:
Chavez361.jpg

"I guarantee it!"

Iceman

Johnson to Red Sox?
Garciaparra to Cubs?
Diamondbacks still down the dumpster?
Steinbrenner to have 3 strokes at once?

What will happen?

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
from ESPN:

The New York Post and the Boston Herald reported that the Diamondbacks have informed the Yankees and Red Sox, of course, along with the two Chicago teams and the Angels, that Randy Johnson is available.

oh snap

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Rumor has it Billy Beane might try to get involved in the Johnson trade to pick up a second baseman or some relievers in the pen...

I wish the damned Angels would steal Johnson out from under the Yanks/Sox..I'm so sick of it always being either of those 2 teams landing the big mid-season deal. Freddy Garcia to the ChiSox was a step in the right direction, but if the Unit goes east, I'll be pissed.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Where ever he goes, I hope he goes there soon because I don't want to have to listen to the rumors for another couple weeks...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Thaedolus said:
Where ever he goes, I hope he goes there soon because I don't want to have to listen to the rumors for another couple weeks...

I bet he stays with the Lakers.

rc213

Wheeljack539 said:
That would be great if that happened, though I doubt it.

BTW rc, I like that avatar.

Thanks. I really thought they would make a stronger move for Freddy Garcia seeing how we are in desperate need for a starting pitcher.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
haha, no chance. We(Chi Sox) haven't even played you guys yet. I still find that ridiculous that we haven't played a division opponent over halfway into the season.
But yeah, we'll mop the floor with your pitching.

Triumph

Banned
Man, I wish Ted Turner still owned the Braves. Then we'd have the money to get the Unit, cause God knows our farm system is stocked with enough prospects.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Washington Post reports that two unnamed Baltimore players have reportedly said that, "... Mazzilli has lost the clubhouse."

The Orioles offseason starts now! We'll trade big name players like Rodrigo Lopez, Jerry Hairston Jr., Buddy Groom and Jorge Julio!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Look for the Stros to win the wildcard...STOP LAUGHING AT ME! IT COULD HAPPEN!

Boomer

St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh....bend over cause the Reds are about to tear through all of your asses. Soon as Casey, Kearns and Junior get back we're gonna roll through the second half like the bad-asses we are.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Groom is the man.

Or you guys can get a REAL closer in Jorge Julio. That is, if he still remembers what a closer is. It's been awhile since he's played an O's game with a decent lead.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Willco said:
Washington Post reports that two unnamed Baltimore players have reportedly said that, "... Mazzilli has lost the clubhouse."

The Orioles offseason starts now! We'll trade big name players like Rodrigo Lopez, Jerry Hairston Jr., Buddy Groom and Jorge Julio!

Rodrigo can be very, very nasty. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
lol...we'll give you Schoeneweis. Or shit, even Loaiza. Though his record doesn't really show it, he's the example of a MLB one year wonder.

Who can give up 13 hits and 8 runs in 5 1/3 innings? Esteban can!

Reds are going to wrap up the NL Central in due time. Maybe Houston will be lucky enough to reach 65 wins at the rate they're on.

Willco

Hollywood Square
What team needs a SECOND BASEMAN ALL-STAR STUD?

Jerry Hairston Jr. and his .324 BA and 11 steals can be yours for only the low price of a quality starting pitcher!

I'll trade you a six pack and a hot dog for Sindy Ponson. Make sure he doesn't acquire the goods before the trade, though!

siege

Banned
Guess who's back, bitches?

airtime.jpg

crazy.jpg

Already 2 for 3 with 2 rbis in his first game back. Braves division champs yet again!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Oh, did anyone else read Joe Buck's column in the most recent SportingNews? Smartest things he's ever said.
An excerpt:

The world cannot wait to drool over the Yankees and Red Sox again in the American League, but now the team from the South Side of Chicago is a legit threat to drive through the play-offs. That Chicago team can get lost is its own city because of all the talent on the North side, but come October, Jerry's kids will be the ones starring on FOX's ultimate reality show.

BAM! go Joe Buck

Miguel

Cubsfan23 said:
This season has been a disaster :(

WELCOME TO MY WORLD BITCH!

From the creators of....The OC...

Comes an Original MiG production...

Rotator cuffs...hamstrings...parasites....

Welcome....to The DL.

Rodriguez

HAHA! D'Backs bullpen blows a 3-0 lead to the Dodgers, wasting Big Unit's 7-inning, 9-strikeout performance.

nyy.gif
+
4288.jpg

A match made in heaven.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD BITCH!

From the creators of....The OC...

Comes an Original MiG production...

Rotator cuffs...hamstrings...parasites....

Welcome....to The DL.

Yeah, but the Cubs have by far received the worst end of the injury beat down: 2 Cy Young candidates down and when one comes back the other leaves again, a 500-home run hitter down, their player having the best first half with the highest average and most RBIs down, half the shit bullpen down, their replacement players down, aww fuck it everything down.

It's pretty sad to say that as a Cubs fan, Glendon Rusch has been the highlight of the season . (note: Zambrano has done great things, but he tired horribly in the second half last year and was ineffective all through the last month of the season and the playoffs so I'm holding out judgement.)

edit: and I just heard on the radio that Johnson said that he would only waive his no-trade clause to go to the Yanks or St. Louis, oy vey.

Mrbob

TIME FOR MVP RUSCH TO STEP IT UP AGAIN!!!!!

Cubs regular starting rotation has been all together for 1 and 2/3 innings! I SO HAPPY.

Second half is still ours.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
reggieandTFE said:
edit: and I just heard on the radio that Johnson said that he would only waive his no-trade clause to go to the Yanks or St. Louis, oy vey.

hmm...earlier today from two sources I heard Johnson narrowed it down to 5 teams: Yanks, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, and the Angels.

ah well. we'll see what happens. I'd say Red Sox or Yanks are the definite favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom