• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
gingaman_ep20_295.jpg

🐴

Okay so, Slay, are you the type of nigga who says Dragon Ball Z is a "mature" show because an energy blast goes through Goku's stomach?

Badass, sure. Cool as fuck, hell yeah. But mature?

You that type of nigga?? Aren't you in your 40's?

Slayven

Okay so, Slay, are you the type of nigga who says Dragon Ball Z is a "mature" show because an energy blast goes through Goku's stomach?

Badass, sure. Cool as fuck, hell yeah. But mature?

You that type of nigga?? Aren't you in your 40's?
DBZ ok but I don't fuck with it that much. Didn't like anybody in that show.
Now s-CRY-ed , that is the real real
You can dislike/hate Evangelion, but I'd say it's a pretty mature show, even discounting the violence in it. It deals with some heavy shit

Yeah jacking off on a girl is mature cause of "reasons"

You can dislike/hate Evangelion, but I'd say it's a pretty mature show, even discounting the violence in it. It deals with some heavy shit

Evangelion is definitely what I call a "mature" show. It tackles serious issues without the required gravitas or any humanity to make these issues relatable. Depression and social isolation are very mature subjects, but then there's Shinji's entire character. I think it's as mature as South Park.

Slayven

If I can't roll with the main character I can't fuck with the reast of the show. That is why i dipped out of Korra early, how can someone be so unlikable AND not be evil? The rest of her squad was straight though.

Akibaranger is aimed at an older crowd for the nostalgia.

I don't understand the appeal of trying to take children's properties and make them geared towards adults or whatever. It makes more sense to me to make things that everyone can enjoy. On paper, Peanuts is for kids, but it's actually something anyone can sit down and enjoy.

Numb

I like that Shinji was utterly detestable.
Love to hate the guy
If I can't roll with the main character I can't fuck with the reast of the show. That is why i dipped out of Korra early, how can someone be so unlikable AND not be evil? The rest of her squad was straight though.

Tend to not put all the eggs on the MC if they are rolling with a crew and are not the only ones caring the whole show
Helps it they turn out to be less than desired

TheFlow

Banned
Since yah are my fam anybody want a early access overwatch pc code?

I am playing on the ps4 and feel the controls are great

Slayven

I don't understand the appeal of trying to take children's properties and make them geared towards adults or whatever. It makes more sense to me to make things that everyone can enjoy. On paper, Peanuts is for kids, but it's actually something anyone can sit down and enjoy.

I was joking AKibaranger is parody series that celebrates the history of sentai.

It is about a group of fans being so delusional that it can be turned into a powersource to give them superpowers. It gets meta as fuck

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Because different takes can be interesting. A dark side story about Batman suffering from crippling depression and slight dementia could make for an interesting yet dramatic story.

Slayven

Because different takes can be interesting. A dark side story about Batman suffering from crippling depression and slight dementia could make for an interesting yet dramatic story.

Or they pull that Gaim switch on you....shit still bothers me. I mean did they really win?

Well, sure. But it's not like it's something kids wouldn't be able to enjoy either. I mean, it's Batman.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Or they pull that Gaim switch on you....shit still bothers me. I mean did they really win?

the only one who won in gaim is
micchy. he was a fuckboy though and through, and gets forgiven at a drop of a hat

Well, sure. But it's not like it's something kids wouldn't be able to enjoy either. I mean, it's Batman.

true, but there are some things that kids dont have the experience to grasp, despite its colorful shell. thats why rockos modern life was so popular years later after the kids grew up

true, but there are some things that kids dont have the experience to grasp, despite its colorful shell. thats why rockos modern life was so popular years later after the kids grew up

Rocko is no different from Peanuts in this case: something children can enjoy and maybe understand on a base level, but not all of its nuance.

Bringing up serious topics doesn't make you mature, it's in the handling.

It did more than just bring them up though. Yeah some of it was heavy handed, but I feel like it dealt with depression and isolation in a way most shows don't, especially considering the director was suffering from depression at the time and many of the characters reflected aspects of what he was going through

Slayven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom