• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

U3kQSWs.jpg

Salud BCT!!

May your saturday be a great one!!

Damn. Now I'm hungry.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It was so awkward to have all the ladies at work telling me to wish my mother a happy Mother's Day and in my head I'm like "fuck that woman". I...I think "cringe" is quite applicable in this particular situation.

Dereck

What DICE is doing right now, I really appreciate, that is all.

It turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Harlem Hellfighters.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

I just bought the Collector's Edition
WHaxKak.gif

Slayven

LOL Jurassic World has tons of fuckery but worth it for the end. Raptor ran in there like "Squad Up!!" And they ran a train on Rex's ass.

Fuck Gordon for this movie I am about to watch.

I only 15 dollars in my paypal.

Hey..I offered you a present. Don't blame me!
I generally hate the word and you won't catch me slippen

lol..I'm messing with ya.

---

SO..

I was gonna ask why the FUCK I had this particular ad pop up on me, because it seems all these "targeted" ads on NeoGAF are anything but that. Then a realized the funniest fucking thing. I'll let y'all figure it out yourselves..

Slayven

Hey..I offered you a present. Don't blame me!

lol..I'm messing with ya.

---

SO..

I was gonna ask why the FUCK I had this particular ad pop up on me, because it seems all these "targeted" ads on NeoGAF are anything but that. Then a realized the funniest fucking thing. I'll let y'all figure it out yourselves..

They go by browing history, what you been looking at.

They go by browing history, what you been looking at.
Dude. NO. That's my fucking point. NOTHING that they advertise is EVER related to ANYTHING. No..i take it back. I had a Civil War (phone?) game looping last night. That's it. It's been hepatitis meds (wut), old lady girdle (with nasty picture attached), McDonald's, Benz commercials, electric fencing for a farm (though that does make sense), vacuum commercials, Obama looking all smug..I don't get it.

Although your name was involved lol..

Africanus

I'm actually rather excited for Battlefield I as a history lover, and the fact that a Harlem Hellfighter was on the cover already made me update the cursory knowledge I had about them.

D i Z

Even knowing FF got hacked together on the quick there were conceptual issues at play with that mess. Shit was screwy from the get go.

How'd you like it.

Not too deep into it yet. I loved the first season, but I've been arguing on the f***in internet instead and working at my art for hire thing. Will get back to you when I hit my first "oh shit, son" moment.

Shy

Just tired of arguing today. Should have never opened that thread and let it pique my interest. Then to come back in here to more anti-American BS sentiment because people got problems and realizing that it's just gonna be like that. No progress.... It's taxing.
I see.
On the plus side, I finally get to watch DD season 2.

And there was jerk chicken and Overwatch.

Wasteland 2 arrives today.

Mostly wins. I'll take today's L's as balance.
Noice.
Now THAT is Fan4stic..
z0VjxVr.png

Johndoey

Banned
On the subject of Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin is really cool, it's all based around weird combos and stuff. Like rain spell, followed by fire to create steam that blocks everyone's sight, then create a flame pit and tele-slam a skeleton pirate into it. Plus it's funny.

Street fighter crew! Assemble!!!

Anyone think that BP's introduction in civil war sort of undermines the possibility of an origin story in 2018?

Thought about that but then
Remember when BP is talking to Tony (or was it cap) and he's like "there's the warrior, and then there's the king. Now I have to think as the warrior and the King".. (Something like that) Could be that the origin story is more about him becoming BP and not so much him being the ruler of Wakanda

But what the hell do I know

Anyone think that BP's introduction in civil war sort of undermines the possibility of an origin story in 2018?

Nope, and I was just about to say the same in the other thread. I thought this did a great job of setting his story up. Ryan Coogler was also there during filming, as I understand it..I'm sure there was a reason for that. I'm pretty confident the movie will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom