• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

So you don't see an issue with the fact that the song was even concieved

I don't. how do you think it happened? reading through his diary and he decided, hey lets talk about that time I commited statutory rape? My guess is the dude is telling stories. If he was trying to glorify anything, he's failing because even the people in the music video are giving his character the most serious side eye. In the video.

the moral of the story, after statutory rape and almost being raped by a police chief, is that when you wake up in the morning you should be able to feel good about yourself if you're living in the hood(so don't do these kinda things??). none of that sounds like some R-kelly style pied piper 'I luh dem kids' edition.

If anything it makes me wonder what the hell KRS is trying to convey.

I don't have anything to say about his opinions of Afrika Bambaataa. But I don't think this song is a dot that connects to anything real.

harSon

Banned
I'm not a GSW fan but I'm rooting for them. Can't see any valid reason to hate GSW beyond being salty.

giphy.gif

They caught Draymond Green on the mic saying "if he fouls me one more time, I'm kicking him in the nuts"

It's over, time for Bron to punk KD again for another ring.

:(

Only reason why I'm so torn during this series. As much as I want the thunder to get one, I really want who ever has the best chance to beat the cavs to advance.

LionPride

Banned
I don't. how do you think it happened? reading through his diary and he decided, hey lets talk about that time I commited statutory rape? My guess is the dude is telling stories. If he was trying to glorify anything, he's failing because even the people in the music video are giving his character the most serious side eye. In the video.

the moral of the story, after statutory rape and almost being raped by a police chief, is that when you wake up in the morning you should be able to feel good about yourself if you're living in the hood(so don't do these kinda things??). none of that sounds like some R-kelly style pied piper 'I luh dem kids' edition.

If anything it makes me wonder what the hell KRS is trying to convey.

I don't have anything to say about his opinions of Afrika Bambaataa. But I don't think this song is a dot that connects to anything real.
I just can't fuck with it, the poor attempt at a morality tale is poor. KRS believing that that song was an ok thing to create and put out makes me feel sick, his defense of Bam makes me feel sick. I can't cosign with ya on this one

Hey guys Jamaican reporting in, seeing as I have been to US a few times (actually currently there now) there are a few things that I am still unable to understand one of them is why are some folks saying its not Politically Correct to say Black guy?

I ask this because I got stop by the police once for riding without a light on my bicycle and when I told her I was Jamaican about roughly 5 second later I hear her calling in and reporting me as an African American which I found ridiculous lol when I ask some of my white coworkers they told me saying "Black" is frowned upon.

Only white people think calling someone black is racist or not PC.

And to white people all black people are African American. Part of why I don't call myself or other non African's AA.

Don't worry about it. White people have their...thing about race and whatever.

Just laugh and continue on your day.

Kreed

Hey guys Jamaican reporting in, seeing as I have been to US a few times (actually currently there now) there are a few things that I am still unable to understand one of them is why are some folks saying its not Politically Correct to say Black guy?

I ask this because I got stop by the police once for riding without a light on my bicycle and when I told her I was Jamaican about roughly 5 second later I hear her calling in and reporting me as an African American which I found ridiculous lol when I ask some of my white coworkers they told me saying "Black" is frowned upon.

There was a time where "African American" was the term being pushed as the "proper term" for black people born in the US and this notion unfortunately is still around. The problem, like you mentioned in your example, is that this term gets used by US citizens as "the term" for any black person all over the globe, from Africans to Jamaicans, etc... and shows the lack of acknowledging the existence of black people outside of the US and Africa by people in the US. Example, Idris Elba will get called African American all the time despite his origins. In addition, many black people in the US don't like the term because it "sub categorizes" them as citizens within their own country ("You're not American, you're African American"). So many black people have been pushing for the use of "black" over African American and for the most part most people are using black over African American but there are still some hold outs afraid of offending a black person using it, in addition to (older) black people still saying African American out of habit.

Young Magus

lol..I can't even remember the last time I used a CD.

Still buy them.

Im the type of nigga that gotta have his own files and backups n shit. The nigga that believes that a personal cd rip to flac is better audio than most alternatives.

Shit finally copped a few Prince albums the other day while out and about.

akira28

I just can't fuck with it, the poor attempt at a morality tale is poor. KRS believing that that song was an ok thing to create and put out makes me feel sick, his defense of Bam makes me feel sick. I can't cosign with ya on this one

lol only thing I'm signing is that 20 dollars I'm letting KRS hold. It won't get him far and he'll need to pay it back before he can borrow another 20.

I'm staying pretty far away from this one. If something is going to drop and catch on fire, then I'm going to let gravity and physics do their thing like they were intended to do. But since I don't know, and now there's so much other stuff involved, I know I'm not helping by bringing any opinions into the mix.

i see some people posting youtube links like they're affadavits, and its just some questionmarkable music video...so I'm calling a music video a music video.

Crocodile

I've been lurking here for a good month as I've been preoccupied with general work in school and life.

But I owe it to you all for the great sense of mirth and laughter this thread brings me.

As of today I was accepted into Howard University's 6 year BS/MD program. As I already received a full ride from them, this means half of med school is already paid off for me, which is great. And I save two years of my life.

Congrats!

QQ, Do you know per chance if their medical school/department is hiring (as in a professional job within the department, not as a student or whatever)? I could use a job in a few months and that seems like it might be a good place to look.

Probably a lot of things.
----
Overwatch shorts continue to be a bit shit.

Ehh that short was especially bad. The first two were perfectly fine I though. I haven't seen "Dragons" yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom