• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re read the thread, he didn't mean it in the literal sense but still he says KRS knew of Bamb's 'transgressions' and chose to keep silent.

Link me to the song because I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that shit.

It sounds like Bambaataa's proclivities were an open secret. Which makes it seems like an entire neighborhood let those boys get raped.

In nicer news:

https://twitter.com/rodimusprime/status/734449108841320450

TBGWT wants to take "Super Predator" back. :)

he wrote a song, is it supposed to be an autobiography?

L9rpccL.png

andthebeatgoeson

I'm not saying he did or didn't do but other artists make up crazy songs and get over due to artistic endeavors. So, Akira has a point.

But, I don't give a fuck about KRS so if he did it, drag him to hell and back and I'll stop the defense.

My only defense is black man's music is always used as an indictment against himself.

I'm not saying he did or didn't do but other artists make up crazy songs and get over due to artistic endeavors. So, Akira has a point.

But, I don't give a fuck about KRS so if he did it, drag him to hell and back and I'll stop the defense.

My only defense is black man's music is always used as an indictment against himself.

Rap snitches exist. Dude calls it a "funny song" which I'm guessing some might disagree. Dude is on that Bambaataa defense tour as well. Maybe he should just stay quiet a minute..

I hope no one did a fucking thing, because I wouldn't be able to take much more of life at that point. Shit is getting ridiculous. Everyone is dying or doing some fuck shit..enough already..

Johndoey

Banned
I feel only pity for those that fail to understand the wondrous glory of Gotham. You've been led astray by blind leaders, and false Gods. Repent and be delivered from your self-imposed shackles.
GOT has been going on to long, those first 2-3 seasons were pretty ace though. The Daenerys shit is overlong and most of it stinks of filler. Walking Dead as an adaptation has done a better job of fixing and expanding some of the stuff from the source material.

That is true, but you have to look at it both ways. Take Nas for example when he tried to perform at VA Tech and Bill O'Reilly had an aneurysm because he "promotes gun violence". Then uses a lyric from one of his records to try to prove his points but we all know..... He don't buss his guns. (Word to Jeezy)

Then you have guys who pretty much snitch on themselves on wax /=

Then you have Mystikal

Things that lunatics say..

Playing?

Let me get settled and then we can play a few sets..
Trying to care about this warriors game
And then the best god damn hour of tv starts at 9!

For the record, me not playing for awhile basically means you'll be kicking my ass for a bit while we recap how life is going.

andthebeatgoeson

Rap snitches exist. Dude calls it a "funny song" which I'm guessing some might disagree. Dude is on that Bambaataa defense tour as well. Maybe he should just stay quiet a minute..

I hope no one did a fucking thing, because I wouldn't be able to take much more of life at that point. Shit is getting ridiculous. Everyone is dying or doing some fuck shit..enough already..
It was made in 92. I'm all for criticizing old shit as our morals change but it was a song when a lot of (every color) cats had questionable decisions on young girls.

Bottom line, give him the David Bowie treatment.

It was made in 92. I'm all for criticizing old shit as our morals change but it was a song when a lot of (every color) cats had questionable decisions on young girls.

Bottom line, give him the David Bowie treatment.

If you mean a pass, I haven't? Touchy subject for me. Not caring what shade the dude is. Kid stuff sucks..period. Repeating, I hope all of it is bullshit..right down to Cosby. Can't even watch my childhood without feeling nasty now..

Just me..

Add when ready

Coming..

Anyone else wanna roll for an hour on SFV..shout!

About Gotham: If I was gonna make a modernized 60s Batman, it would either be like Gotham Season 2 or Batman Brave and Bold. For that and for its dramatic improvement, Gotham gets my props.

About KRS-One: No pass. I already have an issue with the history re-writing and sanctifying of old-school hip hop and how region and sub-genre biased it is, to go further than that is ridiculous to me.

No quarter. We can praise the music and have a genuine hatred for the illegal actions and ideas displayed at the same time.

We should do better than Rock fans and Pop fans in that regard, not repeat their mistakes.

LionPride

Banned
I'm just cranky with the systemic bullshit. It looks like the actual evidence is slim on KRS, besides his bambataa defense and a 25 year old song.

And you know why Bowie got away with his.
So why should we not dennounce KRS? Take away the question of if he did have sex with a 13 year old or not, the fact the nigga made the song is fucking absurd and terrible. For that alone, he is near Robert Kelly level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom