• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Y2QIMlq.jpg

Shy

Okay, Overwatch is pretty fucking good.quote for the battle.net id, add me
Added.
I understand that reference.
Shit looks like it was filmed on Shy's lunch budget.
xXg3uze.gif

I created a private Overwatch group (PS4) for anyone in the BCT that's interested. I guess Pm'ing me your tags so that I can send out invites on the psn is the best way to get the interested party's access in a timely fashion.
But i have it on PC. FFS. ��

Johndoey

Banned
I'll wait for a sale on Overwatch, not worth the 60 on ps4. Twenty extra dollars for skins I won't use and content for a bland MOBA? Nah man.

Numb

I'll wait for a sale on Overwatch, not worth the 60 on ps4. Twenty extra dollars for skins I won't use and content for a bland MOBA? Nah man.

77 dolllars here
New games on PSN used to be 83 so they actually went lower
Gamestop trying to sell me shit for 90 bucks still. Nigga pls

Slayven

Just not in me, old man..wanna stick to what my family is all about..Street Fighter. It's how I met the woman. It's how I'll die, if I have anything to say about it ��

Damn, I would love SFV if I met a Jean Grey on there

77 dolllars here
New games on PSN used to be 83 so they actually went lower
Gamestop trying to sell me shit for 90 bucks still. Nigga pls

You in Canada?

I created a private Overwatch group (PS4) for anyone in the BCT that's interested. I guess Pm'ing me your tags so that I can send out invites on the psn is the best way to get the interested party's access in a timely fashion.

I PM'd you. I guess it's time for me to actually learn how to do the mic thing.

Imm0rt4l

Just not in me, old man..wanna stick to what my family is all about..Street Fighter. It's how I met the woman. It's how I'll die, if I have anything to say about it 😊
I barely get any time with sfv as it is....but I really want to see if the hype is real with overwatch. I didn't play the beta. I'm kinda inclined to stick with sfv, but I might just spread myself thin and play whatever....

Edit: shit....Last Blade 2 drops today I think.

Numb

I barely get any time with sfv as it is....but I really want to see if the hype is real with overwatch. I didn't play the beta. I'm kinda inclined to stick with sfv, but I might just spread myself thin and play whatever....

And Platinum TMNT
Overwatch making it seems like other games don't exist

D i Z

Mornin BCT.

That new Blizzard game marketing and hype.

It's really good. Well worth them promoting the heck out of it.

Doom is good, don't like how hell looks. I'm partial to corrupted cityscapes and deserts.

They have that sort of (deserts) when you actually get to Hell. Unfortunately their depiction of the demonic plane isn't going to shatter anyone soul conceptually. Some Beksinski would have been a nice fit for their mech-organic motif though.

Johndoey

Banned
Oh that reminds me of how much I hate Revengence, fuck that game. It ruined Raiden's previous character growth.

Sam was alright. And Senator dude was pretty great.

-----
On the topic of Doom it's cool how 3 and Doom 2016 leaned hard into different aspects of the original game. I like both a lot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Overwatch is pretty fun. Like team fortress with more structured classes.

So, I guess the real question is how long do you guys feel you'll be invested in Overwatch and do you see yourselves playing it well into next year? Me buying shooters tends to be a $120 hit (Jean would also get a copy)..wouldn't want to jump into something folks are gonna drop in a couple of weeks..

So, I guess the real question is how long do you guys feel you'll be invested in Overwatch and do you see yourselves playing it well into next year? Me buying shooters tends to be a $120 hit (Jean would also get a copy)..wouldn't want to jump into something folks are gonna drop in a couple of weeks..

You know how people are still in TF2 lobbies to this day?

Overwatch's lifespan is going to be, like, three times that.

Imm0rt4l

Oh that reminds me of how much I hate Revengence, fuck that game. It ruined Raiden's previous character growth.

Sam was alright. And Senator dude was pretty great.

-----
On the topic of Doom it's cool how 3 and Doom 2016 leaned hard into different aspects of the original game. I like both a lot.
I like to still believe that revenge acne isn't canon. It's stupid as fuck, and that's a tall order in the mgs universe.

But damn is the game fun.

Johndoey

Banned
Overwatch will last on consoles at least until for at least the next two years easy. Diablo 3 is still going strong on ps4 and this will be quite a bit more popular.

-----
The new Mirrors Edge seems to be more Mirrors Edge with an open world and a worse theme song.

D i Z

It's going to be my staple MP shooter until BF1 drops, and more than likely long after that. This ain't no Battlefront.
The divide between PC and consoles in here... Well, PC and PS4 (face it, if you're getting this for Xbone you're doubling down on that L) feels to me like uncertainty about BCT''s attention span overall, and some commitment phobia than questions about the longevity of the community around the game itself. Console retention rates for these games has gotten a lot better with more games being confident in how to hold their audience. And there is a huge base of people that are dying to get a hold of something sticky, which this is.

Overwatch or mirrors edge? I can only get one.

Go.

If you played the beta and didn't mind that it was an empty mess and ugly as sin, then ME. That's one of those games where people are actively lying to themselves when they say that it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom