• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of SFV. Is it worth buying? Even without all the single player content?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask..a very strange investment on a personal level. I DO enjoy it when it runs semi as it should. I've had some fun games with akira, Forearm, Mike, Numb, Shy, Trey and many others. I also get to play with family on the couch, so that adds a little more into the mix.

That being said, if you feel you're going to invest some good years into it, go for it. Although, if you DO wait, you'll likely get a good discount in the very near future, thanks to how south sales went under what was projected. It's really all about your love of the game.

For me? I'm down one player. We're gonna keep running it until we're gone. I'll make sure to bitch the loudest along the way..😁

Shy

anyway Set Rogen said budget wouldn't let them shoot Preacher like the comic, so they decided to spend most of their time in Texas....:/

The original formula was too big, so they just tried to keep the basics. Now he's a preacher, who has the Voice, and decides to become a better preacher to his flock. Remember in the comic they all exploded when the god powers came down, this changes...
I've not read preacher, but isn't the whole point of the story meant to be a fuck you to religion. ?

From watching the first episode, do you think they're going to go through with it. ?

Sch1sm

Speaking of SFV. Is it worth buying? Even without all the single player content?

Well, next month story will return. The only real loss to me is Player 1 vs CPU, since my brother isn't really big on the title and won't play against me if he can absolutely avoid it. The alternative is just going training mode and setting the CPU level so it isn't simply a dummy, but the regen makes it unrealistic in comparison to your general casual/ranked matches in terms of metre.

It's a title where there's no harm in waiting for a lower price, since they promised it wouldn't be a tale of upgrades as SFIV and its predecessors were (eg. SSFIV/USFIV). But then, there's also no harm in buying now if you have the cash because you won't have to buy DLC upgrades.

Are you generally into fighters? Even if you're new to it, they've added a mode that's beneficial to newbies in terms of learning combos for characters, and Gordon looks for matches so often you'll catch enough Ls they magically turn into a W one day. Practice, practice, practice.

SFV has some interesting downsides in terms of input lag compared to any other franchise fighter at the minute. The lag can be unbearable in lounges sometimes, and the way their rollback is set up is so backward it hurts that I genuinely couldn't tell you if any of my Ws in ranked/casual were genuine by any means. It's weird - I get lag in lounges, regardless of the connection level Capcom throws at you (which is dumb, the bars are really dumb, they should go for ping and FPS in future), but not at all in other modes.

Slayven

Fixed.

S1dc9pJ.jpg

YPT1kqa.jpg

God Crafted Alabaster

akira28

I've not read preacher, but isn't the whole point of the story meant to be a fuck you to religion. ?

From watching the first episode, do you think they're going to go through with it. ?

I saw it as a fuck you to the idea of religion, or maybe even the idea religion has of itself. It's only offensive if you have some interest in preserving these impure institutions instead of seeing them change. Even though nothing was ever truly on the nose. Even humperdidoo was just some crazy mad plot carried out by church fanatics. God left heaven, that's more philosophical than anything offensive. An interesting twist. I was reading a reviewer describe Preacher comics as the ultimate 90s edge-lord fantasy, all sex and vampires and spitting in the eye of religion, morality, and convention. but I thought it was an interesting play on a bunch of ideas, and odd unique irreverent and violent fantasy.

The creators said that in order to get the series made, they would have to change a lot of things thematically to get it on television. When I heard it wasn't going to be HBO I was not optimistic. They'll try to keep as much in as they can, with the edges removed and shuffled to fit into the new narrative. Will it have the same point as the book series? I'm guessing not.

Johndoey

Banned
Preacher's critique of organized religion is dull, and bound up in a whole host of other beats some which works others that don't. I don't get it's popularity, never have, but people enjoy it and it deserves better than a hacked together effort.

They extended the maintenance for another 2 hours to 9 EST, anyway. If they don't extend it again, I'll quote you when I'm ready and around.

Another hour.

Tom Cruise
explodes.

I haven't laughed that hard at something on TV in a while.
LMAO! Had to rewind..was prepping grub at the time.

---

ANY CHANCE OF SPOILERS AT LEAST FOR A WEEK OR TWO, GUYS? I DON'T KNOW THE STORY ONE WAY OR THE NEXT. I'D LIKE TO COME IN FRESH. WHY AM I YELLING. THANKS.

That's the whole deal right? The hardcore screaming on the rooftop racists are whatever they can usually be pretty easily ignored or otherwise discounted, but the type that see all this hideous, awful shit happening around them and refuse to acknowledge it? They're truly dangerous because it's people like that preventing any real positive change.

No doubt. The apathetic or the deniers are also frustrating because they should be the easiest minds to change if not for the fact that they actively avoid the information that would make things clear.

Impressions: Click away!

Advice taken. My Battle.net name is PositiveCalvin for any Overwatchers out there

andthebeatgoeson

Nah, fuck that. I don't have any issues with the players themselves but that franchise needs to lose and lose hard.

Durant gonna look good in a (insert other NBA team here) uniform next season.
He ain't leaving after going to the finals. He has to chip first. And ynb carries him sometimes.

Sch1sm

Another hour.

LMAO! Had to rewind..was prepping grub at the time.

---

ANY CHANCE OF SPOILERS AT LEAST FOR A WEEK OR TWO, GUYS? I DON'T KNOW THE STORY ONE WAY OR THE NEXT. I'D LIKE TO COME IN FRESH. WHY AM I YELLING. THANKS.

Gonna have to be tomorrow night, then, I guess. Got work early tomorrow and had some bad sleep from Saturday onward, so I'm going to bed early. Night, BCT~

getting ready for the Sch1sm goodbye lobby
Capcom ain't having it

shh. Tomorrow, this time, I'm cool. Thursday, too. Friday. I've given up on my priorities.
Finished everything I needed to earlier than expected and all packed, so I'm chilling, tbh.

Trey

Overwatch or mirrors edge? I can only get one.

Go.

Anybody on the Overwatch train? Been watching vids and don't mind the "multiplayer only/no campaign" thing that sticks in some people's craw. Currently have my cursor hanging over the purchase button on Battle.net. Wanted some final impressions from BCT.

overwatch is legit. it's real dope.

Bitch just got her hair twitted out, feeling good.

kill em, fam.

Can you bet fight money in SFV?

not yet, probably never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom