• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

3WE0j9e.png
*Goes to call Homeland security*
255lIV1.gif

But Walt..

Luckily, Walt didn't create Mickey Mouse and his movies were created and animated by people with more talent than him, so I can just pretend Walt doesn't exist for the most part.

Ok I need to go to pick my little bro up from school but I'll explain the best way I can with analogy.
Do you remember the Max N word fiasco last week? Well I do. Let me tell you for those that dont know, Max is a pretty popular guy. Other fgc talk and streaming with his dog benny, he also a on and off group called Yo!Videogames. One of the members is black and his name is Kenny. Now would Max be friends with Kenny if he was racist and hated Black People? Would Kenny still stream and be friends with Max after that whole ordeal? No.
Now apply that same level of thinking to a popular manga artist such as the AoT author and his International successful Japanese comic book about blonde uber dudes killing Naked giant men. No, he would get called and chewed pretty quickly. My point is, Max is not a Racist in the same vein that Hajime Isayama is not a nazi sympathiser. Nor is Araki from Jojo fame just because he had a character who was a nazi in one part, Part 2 specifically.

kbbc.jpg

Bruh...

D i Z

People are really going to freak out when the Zord designs turn out to look better than a tall stack of juice boxes, aren't they?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm still trying find a style. I'm not a brand name like Slayven yet.
At least add a hat or a croc tail.

You know, now that I think about, I always wanted to change my avatar. There were always better ones to reflect my passion posting style but everytime i post something, I look at this shit eating grin and think " Naw, its Perfect."

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok so this might be a double post that i hate to do, expecially for shilling but i think its warranted.

So i met up with old history teacher and he told he just updated his curriculum on his Perspectives on Diversity class, the only one of its kind here. He told about some films he's going to show the new kids but I think anyone should watch them:
1.The color of Fear. Very early 90s.

2. Hip hop: beyond the beats and rhymes.

3: Real woman have curves.

4 Crash. (Ill get to that later)

So the Color Of Fear is a very real discussion of just 5 dudes, one white, two asians, one latino, and one black. Nothing but stone cold discussion on the current events at the present time. Guess what the right guy thinks about this situation. Hip Hop is about the oppression that has happened to the black community under these rappers labeled "hip hop artists". It talk about how white listeners of rap think of the culture and what do professors, producers, radio execs, and even the rappers themselves think about the music they create and the impact they have on youth. Its not all boats, drugs, guns and hoes. The rest of these films are less relevant to this thread but still good. Real Woman have curves. This film is hollywood movie of a young woman trying to find a future where she believes its only to get marry, knocked up, have kids, and die in a retirement home. Her mother is a very uncle ruckus type of character and george lopez is in it, so more reasons to see it. I believe its an HBO film or an abc family one. Now the last one may be bad but hear me out. Crash is a VERY broad film about how everyone is dealing with racial situations in there own way and it all the leads to the characters CRASHing into one another. Sure the movie maybe Oscar Bait but its probably the most accessible one. It has Frasier and even Ludacris.
So yeah, there maybe a few errors on the films but you should watch the first one, if not all of them. The first one is especially the best but the hardest to get because I only seen it on a vhs once.
Well, that's one thing we can agree on, I guess.

I don't get what's wrong with SFV from what I've seen.
Everyone is the same on the inside. We bleed the same blood. No matter how cheesy or feel good it sounds.
I really gotta learn how to make gifs on linux..update these crusty looking ones.
Just use gifcam or steal photoshop from shy.

Sch1sm

Well, that's one thing we can agree on, I guess.

I don't get what's wrong with SFV from what I've seen.

Aside from netcode issues? Which are huge, really, but. Nothing, 'side from that - least not to me. It's the only fighter I've stayed with through several iterations. I love it. Been a staple in my family for ages.

Sch1sm

It'd be less of a problem if it weren't for the 1 sided rollback that creeps up. So you can be wrecking someone and never know if it was fair, I guess. When I do play, I just stick to lounges with friends. I haven't played a ranked match since near its release.

It'd be less of a problem if it weren't for the 1 sided rollback that creeps up. So you can be wrecking someone and never know if it was fair, I guess. When I do play, I just stick to lounges with friends. I haven't played a ranked match since near its release.

Can't say that I blame you. Between the rollbacks and the rage quitting, ranked just became a pointless ordeal to me. Sucks not making fight money tho..

You get good days and terrible days
Still better than launch

Fuuuck yeah it is, but it should have never been that way from jump..

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The lag is very subtle. Like super silent. This is how its like fighting gordon. At one point you can see the enemy health go down but half a second later be all like"naw son, you didnt hit him."
https://youtu.be/Ct8bLRZSsu4
Note: this is not gordon but an example im making.
Fake edit: and i did super shit against a rashid.

Sch1sm

Can't say that I blame you. Between the rollbacks and the rage quitting, ranked just became a pointless ordeal to me. Sucks not making fight money tho..

Had enough FM from survival since I actually went through Hard and a single Hell. Got every char I wanted insofar. For future, though, yeah. SOL. Dunno if I'll end up buying them with real cash in the PS Store or waiting for packs.

Numb

If it's about fight money you'd have to win 1600 matches ranked to get as much cash as playing the story once.
Then you still have the cinematic story which gives you 80k plus trials and all the offline stuff. Then dailies are coming this week.

Had enough FM from survival since I actually went through Hard and a single Hell. Got every char I wanted insofar. For future, though, yeah. SOL. Dunno if I'll end up buying them with real cash in the PS Store or waiting for packs.

Shiiit..I'm amateur hour! Haven't gotten one hard yet.

If it's about fight money you'd have to win 1600 matches ranked to get as much cash as playing the story once.
Then you still have the cinematic story which gives you 80k plus trials and all the offline stuff. Then dailies are coming this week.

Pretty much what I've stuck to. Gonna have to get some lessons from Master Sch1sm tho..

Sch1sm

Shiiit..I'm amateur hour! Haven't gotten one hard yet.

Pretty much what I've stuck to. Gonna have to get some lessons from Master Sch1sm tho..

I managed it with 6 of the fighters (Cammy, Nash, Birdie, Ken, Vega, and Chun Li) before I quit, then took Cammy through Hell. You start to just learn how they'll react. The input reading is Hell, but it's just timing and blocking. Legit nothing fancy.

Can't remember if you're on PC, but I'm 99% sure people can use a 1-round survival mode to earn the FM rather than getting destroyed in the final levels and crying inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom