• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

yo I'm nervously awaiting the day the kids I work with get into Overwatch 'cause they love google image searching their favourite characters and changing the desktop wallpaper to what ever they find. They already spend half the day going on about waifus and shit

They won't be surprised with what they see if they already discuss waifus on the daily

D i Z

Yeah no doubt, and that's definitely my biggest problem with them. Between this and Street Fighter V, I'm cautiously looking forward to future skins, but I'm just waiting for some real dumb shit to come out.

I also just read the synopsis for Civil War II. Is it just Minority Report with Marvel characters?

"They're like all races combined in one (wo)man, like the '99 summer jam".

I can't hate on the game. They do what everyone else is doing so it's no revelation. I just really wish that they had been more thoughtful about it. Especially since they bend over backwards to satisfy their white audiences desires for a range of totems to emulate, but don't give the same consideration the ethnic characters to own their own identities.
This is the kind of thing that indicates that they really aren't rigid with the lore and probably won't do anything of substance with them. Unless it's for the white characters or safe Lucio. We're not going to get a real dark skinned member in there wrecking shit, but that's a different discussion.

To be even about the Civil War II thing though, Minority Report was pretty one note. There are miles and miles of material that could be applied to the current universe.

Johndoey

Banned
Rapist teacher thread made me lose my appetite.

It hurts me how predictable the comments in those types of threads are, there is this utter lack of empathy, and understanding of the long term damage to victims. And it just hurts every time and it's always the same.

Numb

Rapist teacher thread made me lose my appetite.

Age is just a number when it comes to the guy being the victim. Oh she is cute and he looks like a young adult so it ok? nope
I am more shocked by the parents than the typical crazy GAF poster

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It hurts me how predictable the comments in those types of threads are, there is this utter lack of empathy, and understanding of the long term damage to victims. And it just hurts every time and it's always the same.

Yeah. At this point, I'm waiting for mods. Done arguing about it and praying by walking away my appetite will return.

A bear needs food, ya know? This ain't right.

D:

Age is just a number when it comes to the guy being the victim. Oh she is cute and he looks like a young adult so it ok? nope

Yeah. I feel like everyone has failed this boy. He deserves better. He deserves a future and to be protected.

Aiustis

That attitude is what really hinders male victims in so many ways.

It's about to be a hot summer on Neogaf
whew.png

I aint gonna say much else because you won't have to worry about flying too close to the sun when it's on some
latest

Gattsu25

Banned
What's your favorite Disney movie and have you seen Zootopia yet?
Goddamn. I couldn't even understand my own post due to that autocorrect typo.

I dunno...lion king? No idea what zootopia even is. An initial google search tells me that it's not for me.

Johndoey

Banned
Zootopia is one of the best movies about race and race relations ever made.

I will abandon the Sex Offender thread before I pop a blood vessel.

Malyse

Goddamn. I couldn't even understand my own post due to that autocorrect typo.

I dunno...lion king? No idea what zootopia even is. An initial google search tells me that it's not for me.

You're wrong, but okay.
Long Story Short:

Guess I inherited DY's leadership of the "disappointment cycle"

Speaking of which:

Ya'll still disappoint

I hope you end up having to move to Europe and never get to play Atlus games again.

What the fuck is wrong with the people in the middle schooler thread, ugh. fuck she's eleven years older in a position of power, she's a fucking rapist. Oh god, stop talkng about wanting to fuck her and wanting to be in that kids place. Stop posting the victims fucking picture. Ugghggh. This fucking site man.

i mean... i could understand if they were talking about a 16-17 year old and celebrating, even though that power position makes unacceptable even if the student was 18, 19, 21 or 24.... but we're talking a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD

what part of the game is that?

Young Magus

I hope you end up having to move to Europe and never get to play Atlus games again.

..............Eh if that happens
snowballs chance in hell it will
I'll live.

EU Nintendo is based compared to US and I can just import the JP copies/systems worst comes to worse.

Speaking of which,

3 months till P5 out here!!! Gonna make use of dat JST privilege

Mizerman

What the fuck is wrong with the people in the middle schooler thread, ugh. fuck she's eleven years older in a position of power, she's a fucking rapist. Oh god, stop talkng about wanting to fuck her and wanting to be in that kids place. Stop posting the victims fucking picture. Ugghggh. This fucking site man.

...Should I even ask?

BlackJace

i mean... i could understand if they were talking about a 16-17 year old and celebrating, even though that power position makes unacceptable even if the student was 18, 19, 21 or 24.... but we're talking a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD CHILD

what part of the game is that?

For some people it literally doesn't matter what context you get laid, YOU GOT LAID BRO HIGH FIVE.

The desperation is palpable.

LionPride

Banned
Whew, I avoided the Wall of Shame

Is it bad that in the 24/13 year old thread, I knew the kid had to be white because the parents were ok with it

Feel like I should redo the questions

Where you're from - Memphis
Where you live - Memphis
What is your age? - 16 goin on 17
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black
Do you know your roots - Nah
Favorite musical genre - Hip Hop, House, Neo Soul,
Your profession/major/career interest - Computer Science Major probably
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic/Possibly Christian???
Hobbies - Vidya Games, Reading, Rugby, Coding,
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Always fucked with Aquaman
Anime or Nah? - I never ate the cake
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball/Football tie. Minnisota Timberwolves and Detroit Lions respecively

Young Magus

Is it bad that in the 24/13 year old thread, I knew the kid had to be white because the parents were ok with it

.............What parent would be ok with that shit?

Yo if it was my mom in this situation, she would thow hands everyone involved in this shit. And it would be justifyed too smh

D i Z

Feel like I should redo the questions

I KNEW something was missing but couldn't put my finger on it!

Less of an L since I'm with the girl now? I dunno

It was still hilarious
That's why.

Whatever.

I just got off the phone with my mom, she was pissed because the one song she wanted to hear Boyz II Men didn't play. "Motownphilly", but her elderly friend whose husband passed away a few years ago got emotional over "It's Hard To Say Goodbye"

Now she's begging me for Snoop Dogg tickets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom