• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but how does Jaffe feel about Kristen Kruek's grey water?

I won't disagree there, I wish Johnathan died of a heart attack or stroke or whatever, but *shrug* didn't negatively impact my enjoyment.

Do people have an issue with the fact I like the movie as much as I do, that I rate it so highly?

Nah, I don't care. You can like whatever you want, ese.

LionPride

Banned
I always loved the idea of Pa Kent dying from a heart attack or stroke, so that Superman literally could do nothing to save him, because Superman isn't a god and needed to learn that lesson early.

Superman isn't Jesus and Snyder doesn't understand that. Superman might as well have walked on water in Man of Steel, and had a Last Supper shot like Alien: Covenant, then been nailed to a cross.

Speaking of superheroes, I'm extremely excited for the Deadpool: Home-Coming trailer tomorrow.

I won't disagree there, I wish Johnathan died of a heart attack or stroke or whatever, but *shrug* didn't negatively impact my enjoyment.

Do people have an issue with the fact I like the movie as much as I do, that I rate it so highly?

zeemumu

So, i got a question to ask ya'll. In a giant robot battle to the death, who would win? The Mighty Morphin power rangers, or the team of Voltron? Why am I asking this? Because guess who is going to be fighting to the death on april 12th?

My money is on Voltron.

Yeah I kinda figured it'd be Votron. Depends but Voltron probably takes it. It's faster, isn't it?

Plus I think Voltron has more weaponry.

On the ground, the MMPR would destroy the Paladins though

Then again, the Mega DragonZord might be able to take it

Dai101

Banned
Slay out there hurting David Jaffe's feelings lol

9sxHPBx.jpg

Yet the unknown Sam Worthington can be chosen to lead both Avatar and Terminator Salvation and the unknown Taylor Kitsch can be chosen to lead John Carter. Can we just admit they don't like casting minorities in lead roles and will come up with any excuse to justify it? It's always this same circular argument, "It's too risky", "Studios are a business", yet the second an unknown white actor/actress is chosen all of a sudden crickets from the same people

Its not an either/or thing in that case, because those white actors are chosen assuming that they'll make the general audience content
You can see it in video games too; big wigs tend not to want to risk it so "generic white guy" is the first option

Yet the unknown Sam Worthington can be chosen to lead both Avatar and Terminator Salvation and the unknown Taylor Kitsch can be chosen to lead John Carter. Can we just admit they don't like casting minorities in lead roles and will come up with any excuse to justify it? It's always this same circular argument, "It's too risky", "Studios are a business", yet the second an unknown white actor/actress is chosen all of a sudden crickets from the same people

Answer: Sometimes.

You're surprised that more white unknowns get more roles? Weird..considering demographics. But I'll just leave it there..just gonna go in circles, and I ain't being paid for all that lol.

Yeah I kinda figured it'd be Votron. Depends but Voltron probably takes it. It's faster, isn't it?

Plus I think Voltron has more weaponry.

On the ground, the MMPR would destroy the Paladins though

Then again, the Mega DragonZord might be able to take it

Brah, im pumped either way. Bring on the mechanized carnage!

I wanted an all-out Power Ranger battle royale. Every last Ranger fighting, Highlander-style.

The only one would have been standing would be the white ranger somehow because why not?

shingi70

Banned
Pa Kent being killed via a tornado is really dumb and missing the point. I actually like the other changes to the Kent's because as much as they want their son to do the right thing, that puts their son on the line. You can be proud of your child but still worry for them.

LionPride

Banned
Pa Kent being killed via a tornado is really dumb and missing the point. I actually like the other changes to the Kent's because as much as they want their son to do the right thing, that puts their son on the line. You can be proud of your child but still worry for them.
Exactly

[sits down in an old, splintery chair made from saguaro cactus wood opposite LionPride]

Sigh.

[takes off hat and sits it on my knee]

[looks at LionPride long and hard]

shadesNF.jpg

I just have one question before Shy comes in here.

Was it worth it? Was Man of Steel worth this? You see where your love of the Kents has gotten you right?

All the years of higher learning at school, all the music you've loved, seventeen long years, and it's all come down to this. This is your fault. You've forced us to do this. Do you think we WANT this!? How do you think this has made us feel?

[slaps LionPride's face lightly]

Zack Snyder isn't worth this! No, no, come on, come on, it's okay. It's gonna be okay.

[sniffs]

[walks over to the door]

Would you like some water? I'm gonna go get you some water.

[exits the room]

[Shy comes in]

[Shy walks over to the corner of the room and pulls over a large blackboard]

LionPride: NO NO!

[Shy puts his fingers up to the blackboard]

[Shy smiles]

LionPride: NOOOOOOOOOO!

Shy: Yesss.

[I stand outside the room, and start hearing fingernails scratch down a chalkboard, and LionPride screaming]

QsrEWRS.gif

LionPride

Banned
[sits down in an old, splintery chair made from saguaro cactus wood opposite LionPride]

Sigh.

[takes off hat and sits it on my knee]

[looks at LionPride long and hard]

shadesNF.jpg

I just have one question before Shy comes in here.

Was it worth it? Was Man of Steel worth this? You see where your love of the Kents has gotten you right?

All the years of higher learning at school, all the music you've loved, seventeen long years, and it's all come down to this. This is your fault. You've forced us to do this. Do you think we WANT this!? How do you think this has made us feel?

[slaps LionPride's face lightly]

Zack Snyder isn't worth this! No, no, come on, come on, it's okay. It's gonna be okay.

[sniffs]

[walks over to the door]

Would you like some water? I'm gonna go get you some water.

[exits the room]

[Shy comes in]

[Shy walks over to the corner of the room and pulls over a large blackboard]

LionPride: NO NO!

[Shy puts his fingers up to the blackboard]

[Shy smiles]

LionPride: NOOOOOOOOOO!

Shy: Yesss.

[I stand outside the room, and start hearing fingernails scratch down a chalkboard, and LionPride screaming]

QsrEWRS.gif
I ain't of the screamin type. If I die. I die. But I'm takin Shy with me.

zeemumu

It's not even funny bad it's just turrible

They never explained how a single hair of Superman's was cut by a pair of garden shears despite being strong enough to support a weight. Or how a villain literally born of radiation from the sun is somehow Superman's weakness (not a red sun, our sun). Or why Superman has wall-building vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom