• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
I wonder how many of them are willing to bat for Mel Gibson if that Suicide Squad stuff comes true. Hoo boy, if shit hadn't gone bad now...

I still say Man of Steel is one of the best superhero movies ever and of course the best Superman movie.

You do say a lot of things..😏

I wonder how many of them are willing to bat for Mel Gibson if that Suicide Squad stuff comes true. Hoo boy, if shit hadn't gone bad now...

Quite a few, actually..has been made quite clear. Also a fair amount that said nope, and would bow out. I'm guessing I can tell who's who..🍵

Shy

I still say Man of Steel is one of the best superhero movies ever and of course the best Superman movie.
Phd9ZuW.gif

LionPride

Banned
You were doing so good too.

I just enjoyed it more, while Superman and Superman II were great at the time...can't watch them now. I've seen those movies about five times a piece. Nope.

I legit enjoy Man of Steel as a movie.

It may get bumped down because Black Panther, it's already slotted as my number one above Civil War ahead of time

I do like MoS but best superhero movies ever made is insane.
Doesn't even approach a Top Ten:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Batman
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Constantine
Deadpool
X-men First Class
Spiderman 2
The Avengers
Captain America Winter Soldier
etc.
All beat out MoS, honestly. Hell could even go to top 20 and it wouldn't show up.

Speaking of Supes movies though there does seem to be a resurgence of people who are way into Superman Returns as a definitive best for Superman. I only remember enjoying Spacey in that movie and not much else.

LionPride

Banned
I do like MoS but best superhero movies ever made is insane.
Doesn't even approach a Top Ten:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Batman
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Constantine
Deadpool
X-men First Class
Spiderman 2
The Avengers

Captain America Winter Soldier
etc.
All beat out MoS, honestly. Hell could even go to top 20 and it wouldn't show up.

Speaking of Supes movies though there does seem to be a resurgence of people who are way into Superman Returns as a definitive best for Superman. I only remember enjoying Spacey in that movie and not much else.
Nope, have given my reasons for X-Men and Spider-Man, but I'll reitirate them, fuck those movies.

Constantine is alright, give it a 7/10, but best...nah Blade is so much better than that flick.

Not a big Tim Burton Batman guy

Avengers is a fun movie, don't ever want to watch it again, it was fantastic to see that shit executed, but holy shit that movie is only good. Not great.

My list

Civil War
Winter Soldier
Batman Begins
Dredd
Man of Steel
The Dark Knight
V for Vendetta
Deadpool
Guardians
History of Violence

I just enjoyed it more, while Superman and Superman II were great at the time...can't watch them now. I've seen those movies about five times a piece. Nope.

It may get bumped down because Black Panther, it's already slotted as my number one above Civil War ahead of time

XKqc.jpg

Nudull

Banned
Personally, Man of Steel was one of those movies that you enjoy in theaters, but then your brain starts to deconstruct it on the way home and you slowly realize how stupid it all was.

Nope, have given my reasons for X-Men and Spider-Man, but I'll reitirate them, fuck those movies.

Constantine is alright, give it a 7/10, but best...nah Blade is so much better than that flick.

Not a big Tim Burton Batman guy

Avengers is a fun movie, don't ever want to watch it again, it was fantastic to see that shit executed, but holy shit that movie is only good. Not great.

My list

Civil War
Winter Soldier
Batman Begins
Dredd
Man of Steel
The Dark Knight
V for Vendetta
Deadpool
Guardians
History of Violence

Spot on with Dredd and History of Violence! Completely forgot about them. Blade better than Constantine? It's certainly cheesier lol Do love it though.

...Now I'm in the mood to watch Dredd again.

Slayven

What if marvel announced tomorrow a Black Panther Soundtrack Concept album

Kendrick feat CL
lin miranda
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Beyonce
Outkast
The Roots
Runs The Jewels
Janelle Monáe

Shy

How can you say that MOS is the best Superman movie. When his portrayal in the film in the very antithesis of his character.

Objectivist Superman, is not Superman.
Badlands is one of the best shows on tv
I really need to give this show a go.

LionPride

Banned
Personally, Man of Steel was one of those movies that you enjoy in theaters, but then your brain starts to deconstruct it on the way home and you slowly realize how stupid it all was.
See, that was me with Batman v Superman. I even tried to rationalize the dumb shit. With Man of Steel, I just keep enjoying it more and more every time I watch it. I have no problem with different interpretations of characters, so Ma and Pa Kent just being like "You know you don't HAVE to save people, but if you do, be the fucking GOAT" was fine with me because most parents wouldn't tell their kids "Put your life on the line to save everyone, even the assholes"

I liked it being Superman's first day, it was his very first day on the job and god damn could you tell. But I enjoyed it, I enjoyed Shannon, I dislike Amy Adams and her Lois, but that's just me.

Movie tier action
Bad CW show writing and acting

How can you say that MOS is the best Superman movie. When Superman's portrayal in the film in the very antithesis of his character.

Objectivist Superman, is not Superman.

I really need to give this show a go.

First day on the job, I want more of his character in the DCEU movies because he can grow into what everyone believes to be Superman.

What if marvel announced tomorrow a Black Panther Soundtrack Concept album

Kendrick feat CL
lin miranda
Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Beyonce
Outkast
The Roots
Runs The Jewels
Janelle Monáe

Jesus

LionPride

Banned
That's not what they said.

More or less, because he didn't owe them anything or have to give back to humanity. But if he was gonna do it, shit he better know the risks and put his all into it. Clark/Superman did not HAVE to do a damn thing. He chose to. His dad died because he wanted to protect Clark instead of have him be exposed(Depsite like the entire town of Smallville probably knowing that Clark ain't "normal"...)

People took too much issue with they cynical mother and father, but, most people wouldn't advocate for their alien child to go out into the world and expose him or herself to the public.

But like, it's not a bad movie, it's polarizing, but it's not bad. For me it's the best Superman movie we've gotten in a theatre. I just love it, I can acknowledge it's faults, but still enjoy it immensely.

Man of Steel
Superman
Superman II
Superman Returns
Everything else

Shy

See, that was me with Batman v Superman. I even tried to rationalize the dumb shit. With Man of Steel, I just keep enjoying it more and more every time I watch it. I have no problem with different interpretations of characters, so Ma and Pa Kent just being like "You know you don't HAVE to save people, but if you do, be the fucking GOAT" was fine with me because most parents wouldn't tell their kids "Put your life on the line to save everyone, even the assholes"
Then it's not Superman.

He's the man he is, because of his parents.
First day on the job, I want more of his character in the DCEU movies because he can grow into what everyone believes to be Superman.
Firstly. It's got nothing to with belief, Superman is who he is regardless of other peoples perception of him in the universe. That's why he is Superman.
Again, that comes from how he was brought up.

Secondly. I'm glad if it's my first day, i'll get a free pass to lips up my groupie while an entire city lays in waste with thousands of citizens critically injured. Waiting to be saved.

And finally. It being his first day doesn't explain he total and completely lack effort to try to minimise the collateral damage while he was fighting.
Him being an Objectivist cunt does though.

LionPride

Banned
Then it's not Superman.

He's the man he is, because of his parents.

Firstly. It's got nothing to with belief, Superman is who he is regardless of other peoples perception of him in the universe. That's why he is Superman.
Again, that comes from how he was brought up.

Secondly. I'm glad if it's my first day, i'll get a free pass to lips up my groupie while an entire city lays in waste with thousands of citizens critically injured. Waiting to be saved.

And finally. It being his first day doesn't explain he total and completely lack effort to try to minimise the collateral damage while he was fighting.
Him being an Objectivist cunt does though.
He was getting his ass thrown around by Zod and when he did try to bring the fight elsewhere, he got his ass dragged back, but oh, that gets conviently forgotten.

The fact 95% of the damge during the Metropolis fight ain't even because of the fight also seems to get forgotten.

Him trying to save people if he saw anyone who needed saving while again, getting his ass beat, seems to be forgotten as well.

He was an emotional person during the Smallville fight and still saved people, the only outright damage he did was blowing up the train, everything else was done by Nam, Zod, and Faora.

I always loved the idea of Pa Kent dying from a heart attack or stroke, so that Superman literally could do nothing to save him, because Superman isn't a god and needed to learn that lesson early.

Superman isn't Jesus and Snyder doesn't understand that. Superman might as well have walked on water in Man of Steel, and had a Last Supper shot like Alien: Covenant, then been nailed to a cross.

Speaking of superheroes, I'm extremely excited for the Deadpool: Home-Coming trailer tomorrow.

Read the rest of the post. Reason they don't care to do it. It's a corporation, not a feelings distribution center. They pay folks to research this stuff. If (a) is less of a risk to our bottom line than (b), blah blah.
Just the way it is..I didn't invent the system..

Exactly, so why would they try that idea when Scarlett is a proven moneymaker?

Yet the unknown Sam Worthington can be chosen to lead both Avatar and Terminator Salvation and the unknown Taylor Kitsch can be chosen to lead John Carter. Can we just admit they don't like casting minorities in lead roles and will come up with any excuse to justify it? It's always this same circular argument, "It's too risky", "Studios are a business", yet the second an unknown white actor/actress is chosen all of a sudden crickets from the same people

So, i got a question to ask ya'll. In a giant robot battle to the death, who would win? The Mighty Morphin power rangers, or the team of Voltron? Why am I asking this? Because guess who is going to be fighting to the death on april 12th?

My money is on Voltron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom