• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Well that thread lead me to this utterly fantastic house posting
http://www.remax.com/realestatehomesforsale/709-michaelmas-avenue-cayce-sc-29033-id288625625.html

Property is being sold "as-is" with no repairs, no clean-up, and no warranties expressed or implied. Upstairs apartment cannot be shown under any circumstances. Buyer assumes responsibility for the month-to-month tenancy in the upstairs apartment. Occupant has never paid, and no security deposit is being held, but there is a lease in place. (Yes, it does not make sense, please don't bother asking.)

It actually says this in the house listing. Wut.

hypernima

Banned
But you would wear a 2Pac leather corset right?

B_3FVxmUIAAZjfC.jpg

Can't be human if not

I would wear this.

Shy

Honourable brothers and sisters, i have returned from the cinema. (well i came back about 50 mins ago, but i was stuffing my fat face with hot wings and chips)

So. my verdict on Alien Covenant.

Eh, it's alright, better than Prometheus. But not as good as Alien 1-3.

The fassbender was the best thing in it.

I was a little let down they didn't show more scenes from the prologue. (seems like the cut that stuff out)

Worth a watch with mates.

Honourable brothers and sisters, i have returned from the cinema. (well i came back about 50 mins ago, but i was stuffing my fat face with hot wings and chips)

I was a little let down they didn't show more scenes from the prologue. (seems like the cut that stuff out)

There's no way it's not better than Aliens.

Even Alien: Resurrection is better than Aliens.

Amazing troll

I'm not trolling.

Aliens is a stupid concept from the jump. Resurrection is basically just a prototype for Firefly. I despise the idea of taking a completely unique unknowable creature created by one of the most brilliant artists in history and turning it into another basic insect. No amount of writing and characterization and direction can make me like that dumb, stupid, moronic, idiotic, worthless, garbage, trash ruining of one of the best monster concepts of all time.

Also, Alien gave us a lot of shit, but it also gave us Alien: Isolation. Aliens gave us Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I rest my case.

Also, Cameron pitched the movie by writing alien on a chalkboard and adding a dollar sign to the end. Cameron is an arrogant fuck.

Man, whatever. I explained my stance pretty well. I don't like the direction they took with the central creature and concept. I don't like taking an incredible horror concept and turning it into an action movie swarm for space marines to shoot at. I don't get what's unbelievable about that, but no you're right. Should've just kept it to myself.

Izuna

Banned
Also, Alien gave us a lot of shit, but it also gave us Alien: Isolation. Aliens gave us Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I rest my case.

mmhmm

yeah, okay

(forgetting that AvP games are dope af, with AvP2 being one of the greatest FPS games ever)

Aliens is my favourite movie ever, and I can appreciate that Alien is objectively better.

But Ressurection? Come on.

I'm taking public speaking as an elective.

To prepare us, everyone has to go up front and talk about any current event for two minutes whether it is politics, entertainment, etc... (small school, small class so we can knock that out in about 25 minutes)

This one woman.... black, probably around my age or younger went up front and started off by saying

"Darksiders 3 has been announced..."

And now we're friends.

Numb

To prepare us, everyone has to go up front and talk about any current event for two minutes whether it is politics, entertainment, etc... (small school, small class so we can knock that out in about 25 minutes)

This one woman.... black, probably around my age or younger went up front and started off by saying

And now we're friends.

Don't show her your YugiOh collection just yet

Sch1sm

And now we're friends.

I'd never take a class like that 'cause I'm admittedly an absolute wuss when it comes to being in front of crowds, especially when I'm being graded on it. Shakes me right up.

Girl sounds cool, though. She could easily be well over your age, though, you know we look the same at 18 as we do any age beyond that. Magic.

Shy

Man, whatever. I explained my stance pretty well. I don't like the direction they took with the central creature and concept. I don't like taking an incredible horror concept and turning it into an action movie swarm for space marines to shoot at. I don't get what's unbelievable about that, but no you're right. Should've just kept it to myself.
Don't say that shit, Fawful.

You can always speak your mind in here. Don't ever think for one minute that you have to censor yourself.

You made your argument, i happen to disagree with it. (apart from that Cameron is an arrogant fuck) It's cool.

mmhmm

yeah, okay

(forgetting that AvP games are dope af, with AvP2 being one of the greatest FPS games ever)

Aliens is my favourite movie ever, and I can appreciate that Alien is objectively better.

But Ressurection? Come on.

Why would I play an AvP game? Why would I give anything with that title a chance? If those games are good, that's great, but I sure haven't been jumping to find out.

I have a friend who likes Resurrection the most out of the entire franchise, and can probably make a good argument for why. I don't agree, but I know I'm not exactly saying what everyone is thinking. So what? I don't like it.

I don't like most James Cameron movies. About the only one I like is the first Terminator. No, I don't like T2 either. I don't like Avatar. I don't like True Lies or Titanic. It's not a troll.

Don't say that shit, Fawful.

You can always speak your mind in here. Don't ever think for one minute that you have to censor yourself.

You made your argument, i happen to disagree with it. (apart from that Cameron is an arrogant fuck) It's cool.

No, that was a stupid thing to say and I knew it the moment I said it, but my history of trying to discuss movies with people hasn't gone good, so I'm getting worn down on sharing opinions on movies and getting the same thing over and over. So that's why I said I should've kept it to myself. On Superherohype, I got in a fight with a mod for fighting with people and standing up for Django before it came out. I no longer feel welcome to step back into filmGAF because I threw a tantrum standing up for Marvel movies for reasons that are complicated and got ripped to shit. Look, you guys can like Aliens! That's FINE! I'm not saying it to troll you. The change Cameron made bothers me.

^^Ha!

I'd never take a class like that 'cause I'm admittedly an absolute wuss when it comes to being in front of crowds, especially when I'm being graded on it. Shakes me right up.

Girl sounds cool, though. She could easily be well over your age, though, you know we look the same at 18 as we do any age beyond that. Magic.

I'm not the bravest person too, just thought of it way to conquer that phobia though. Though the class isn't very big so it ain't bad at all. Plus I tend to inject humor in my speeches

Like today for my current event I talked about the nuclear fusion plant in the UK. But also for our current event speeches we have to give a word of the day or a quote...

....I did the most 'Feenix' thing ever and quoted Bell Biv DeVoe, my class and my professor loved it.

Sch1sm

I'm not the bravest person too, just thought of it way to conquer that phobia though. Though the class isn't very big so it ain't bad at all. Plus I tend to inject humor in my speeches

Like today for my current event I talked about the nuclear fusion plant in the UK. But also for our current event speeches we have to give a word of the day or a quote...

....I did the most 'Feenix' thing ever and quoted Bell Biv DeVoe, my class and my professor loved it.

I suck it up and do them, but if I can avoid them? Bet I will.

I'll remember this next time you feel a type of way for us clowning on you, though.

cdyhybrid

^^Ha!

🎼 That plant is poooiiiiisssooooonnnnnn 🎶

Izuna

Banned
Why would I play an AvP game? Why would I give anything with that title a chance? If those games are good, that's great, but I sure haven't been jumping to find out.

I have a friend who likes Resurrection the most out of the entire franchise, and can probably make a good argument for why. I don't agree, but I know I'm not exactly saying what everyone is thinking. So what? I don't like it.

I don't like most James Cameron movies. About the only one I like is the first Terminator. No, I don't like T2 either. I don't like Avatar. I don't like True Lies or Titanic. It's not a troll.

AvP2, I say again, is one of the greatest FPS games ever (Doom 3 was a stripped down version of it). In fact, games preceded the movies by a few years.

The Arcade game Aliens vs. Predator, is one of the most beloved beat 'em ups too.

I think AvP3 (the recent one just called AvP actually) was quite good.

Aliens: Colonial Marines was disappointing because those games are legit af.

As long as you don't praise Gotham, you're fine in my book, Fawf..

Thanks, Gordon. And no, I can't even make it through whole clips of that show.

Sometimes I might just be too critical of some things or get weird ideas in my head about movies, but I like a lot of movies! I feel like in the tradeoff, overall I can sacrifice a James Cameron.

P.S. you got a fan in the Marvel thread.

AvP2, I say again, is one of the greatest FPS games ever (Doom 3 was a stripped down version of it). In fact, games preceded the movies by a few years.

The Arcade game Aliens vs. Predator, is one of the most beloved beat 'em ups too.

I think AvP3 (the recent one just called AvP actually) was quite good.

Aliens: Colonial Marines was disappointing because those games are legit af.

Oh, yeah, I forgot all about the arcade AvP. Okay, I admit I like that one from a pixel art standpoint, but I've never played it.

I fucking stumble when it comes to talking and not just speeches either. It's just social stuff in general. Mincing words, mumbling, stutters. I just prefer to keep my mouth shut to not embarrass myself. Unless I'm talking to friends.

Sch1sm

Of course you will receipt queen

Everything on the Internet is one good Google search away.

I'm just not a talker in general

Kwanini?

I fucking stumble when it comes to talking and not just speeches either. It's just social stuff in general. Mincing words, mumbling, stutters. I just prefer to keep my mouth shut to not embarrass myself. Unless I'm talking to friends.

I used to be super bad with them. I'd even have physical reactions to them. It was pretty terrible.

Only doing them more helped.

Slayven

LOL
Slay, you member that time Sunspot grew a curl and changed his name to Reignfire

Lol
Let your SOUL GLOW
reignfire-1-1.jpg

I read the spoilers, it sounded like they tried to remake Alien. I don't like the new canon, ruins the xenomorph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom