• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

nikos

as a dj and producer i can say with confidence that you don't need headphones to mix tracks. it helps, but if you have a set play list and know the music you are mixing it isn't a necessity

Yeah, you can pretty much sync on any medium now. I don't even know why I posted that. I'm sure he was just launching clips in Ableton, but it didn't even seem like he was doing that for some reason.

Wadiwasi

Banned
This was really bad....had some ok moments. The CD Projekt Red guy was super excited to win and he was so happy, but most everything was awful.

Some of the previous ones (when on Spike TV) had awesome performances (Tenacious D, Avenged Sevenfold) and there was just more production value put into it so it didn't feel like a bunch of people coming together like "Eh.....videogames, whatever"

Probably doesn't bring in enough profit to warrant a large production budget, but I just felt embarrassed for a lot of the people working it. At least we'll get some good memes

Toa TAK

Banned
damn_zpstrue443c.png

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Naw, it was awesome.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I had a good time. Jade was slightly awkward, and she's probably going to have a bit of regret in the morning, but she probably had her fun as well.

The ending of the should could've been better, I admit. But, good improvement overall.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Feel bad for Geoff. Wasn't as good as last years, fell flat, and highlights seemed to be drunk speaker and throwing shade which... probably isnt for the best?

Keep up the good work, but if you can afford it, drop out the music segments unless its a videogame vocal like the MGSV one or the Koji Kondo set.

damn_zpstrue443c.png

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

What the eff, Jim? The show was fine. Not megabuster lose your shit but it was perfectly okay. And the awards I felt were earned by the winners, no random like 'Wha?' moments.

But still though, Rocket League best racing game? C'mon now, that's not a racing game.

You could, you know, turn off the stream? Nobody is making you watch it lol. What you're saying makes no fucking sense lol. Wouldn't be more of a issue if they had it before the last award thing?

It's pretty standard to leave the most hype thing for last. The only reason anybody watched past The Witcher 3 being named the GOTY was because we were expecting a final world premiere. Not a performance from Deadmau5. Yes, it would make more sense for him not to be the finale, considering it's a show about gaming, not music.

You really think that line of thinking is unreasonable?

Innolis

It was an entertaining show, a bit light on reveals, but overall good imo.

Nice Konami bashing, and the Iwata tribute was also nice.

Bloodborne not winning anything is a fucking travesty though.

traveler

Not Wario
You don't need to think up conspiracy theories to see why the Witcher won. The media that votes on these things always a strong predisposition towards the big WRPGs/ western open worlds in general.

Jawmuncher

I'm not mad at DeadMau5 wasn't his fault. But how did Geoff think that was the way to end it. Guess no devs wanted to give out scoops. PSX must have bought them all.

jett

D-Member
Seems a bit harsh.

I thought the show was good. It's definitely starting to build a nice foundation and considering this is only the second year it's definitely going to continue to get better.

Absolutely not. As long as Keighley is in charge of these things, it's always going to be the same thing. He's the common denominator here, every year.
It's a really shitty awards show. The BAFTA's Game awards puts it to unbelievable shame.

Seriously. It was Keighley who said we'd see new Nintendo stuff. He's the one to blame for wasting our fucking time

Did he actually say that???

I mean, I heard he did but I want to see a quote because people online all the time put words in peoples' mouths/misrepresent what they actually said.

If he did, poor poor form.

RowdyReverb

Feel bad for Geoff. Wasn't as good as last years, fell flat, and highlights seemed to be drunk speaker and throwing shade which... probably isnt for the best?

Keep up the good work, but if you can afford it, drop out the music segments unless its a videogame vocal like the MGSV one or the Koji Kondo set.
Sounds like they know their audience though

qko

That GAF is celebrating actions that belonged at the Source Awards (telling a company to fuck off, wasted presenter) I guess is an improvement from onstage teabagging.

Worst VGA/VGX/TGA ever. Seriously bad.

When did you start watching these? Lol

It was allright. Probably would have been better if Kojima was there. The music performances were out of place though but some parts were good like Iwata's moment with Reggie's speech and the retrospective of Redwood

It was a pretty straight forward, inoffensive approach they took, which also caused the show to be sorta bland. The reveals were very hit and miss too.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I'm usually really forgiving of the awards each year since they at least have always had some really good announcements but this year they had zero. All the world premieres were things we had already saw.

It was a pretty big disappointed and was bored as fuck all throughout it.

100% agreed. I was watching Football inbetween announcements. The acts they hired were boring and bad. The announcements were pathetic.

Top Bottom