• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 | OT | The Star of The Live Show Field is the Doritos Pope

Who will win the most awards at the Game of The Year 2023?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 206 76.3%
  • Marvel's Spider Man 2

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

Votes: 34 12.6%
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Super Mario Bros: Wonder

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I dont care what you think.

Sony gave him a fucking free DLC
Ubi gave him a 2D Prince of Persia.
EA gave him an indie remake.
Activision gave him nothing

The biggest publishers arent giving him shit.

MS showed Hellblade 2 for the 6th time.

Ill give them credit for the Kojima movie announcement.

Blade? Monster Hunter? The Kojima game (it’s not a movie, how obnoxious)? Light No Fire? Person 3 Remake? Atlas’ new game? Visions of Mana? No Rest for the Wicked? Jet Set Radio? Shining? Golden Axe? Streets of Rage? Crazy Taxi? A new AAA Jurassic Park game?

… but sure, the industry is abandoning the show that has absolutely massive viewership and has grown exponentially each and every year.

nowhat

The right game won. And that theme that just started playing at the end, which is the combat music at times... it just rocks. It's so fucking awesome. Deserved, congratulations to Larian.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I dont care what you think.

Sony gave him a fucking free DLC
Ubi gave him a 2D Prince of Persia.
EA gave him an indie remake.
Activision gave him nothing

The biggest publishers arent giving him shit.

MS showed Hellblade 2 for the 6th time.

Ill give them credit for the Kojima movie announcement.

You really are the Represent(ative) of bad opinions :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

FF7 Rebirth, Persona 3, Metaphor and both FF16 DLCs with one out today. I'm happy. Thanks Pope. I'll buy a bag of Doritos tomorrow in your honour.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
BG3 dunkin on everybody...GG

Cocm.gif

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’ve never been into CRPGs but I’ll give BG3 a try one of these days.

That new EA Metroidvania has me intrigued. Also No Rest For The Wicked looks cool. Some cool stuff tonight. Really can’t wait for Hellblade 2.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The sega trailer was the only thing worth celebrating. The monster hunter trailer was absolute trash other than “it’s announced lol”. Give that “girl gamer” at the start a better joke writer if you continually try to push her down our throats year after year. Pretty embarrassing there.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Blade? Monster Hunter? The Kojima game (it’s not a movie, how obnoxious)? Light No Fire? Person 3 Remake? Atlas’ new game? Visions of Mana? No Rest for the Wicked? Jet Set Radio? Shining? Golden Axe? Streets of Rage? Crazy Taxi? A new AAA Jurassic Park game?

… but sure, the industry is abandoning the show that has absolutely massive viewership and has grown exponentially each and every year

These are not E3 level announcements.

Brigandier

That was fucking awful from start to finish. The game from Moon Studios and the HG new game were the only memorable reveals.

Oh and BM Wukong looks fantastic I can't remember anything else.

Last edited:

splattered

I thought the show was great but obnoxiously long... i dont personally care for the muppet segments and the musical segments and all the fluff

So, my personal highlights:

-God of War: Ragnarok surprise DLC drop for next week. Big fat W

-Sega "Super Game" Announcement. Massively excited for those games.

-The First Descendent. That female character's got mad cake. Big ups Korea!

-Hellblade 2. It looks pretty good and they finally showed off something other than walking around.

-Light No Fire. Looks amazing. Hello Games are stunning.

-Persona 3 Remake. Still crazy no mention of PS5 version, I think it's gonna bomb in sales. But it looks good, and they got the MS bag so I guess they're happy

-Overdosed. Mainly because of the concept and to see if it actually turns out to be a successful endeavor. Hideo Kojima is just crazy and Jordan Peele has great idea but sometimes doesn't tie them together into a strong ending. But we're guaranteed something pretty cool either way.

Baldur's Gate 3 won GOTY. Was there anyone out there who doubted?

oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif

I thought Zelda would've won because BG3 already won Player's Choice. Kinda surprised Spiderman 2 got snubbed completely, but TOTK didn't fare that much better and that really surprised me.

No friggin' idea how Forza got not one but TWO awards other than Phil Spencer pulling in some favors with the panel. He's a board member, after all 😉

Top Bottom