• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 | OT | The Star of The Live Show Field is the Doritos Pope

Who will win the most awards at the Game of The Year 2023?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 206 76.3%
  • Marvel's Spider Man 2

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

Votes: 34 12.6%
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Super Mario Bros: Wonder

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommib

I am so glad to have been right about this.

Moment of the show for sure.

4JuLthj.jpg
Sarcastic Nancy Pelosi GIF by MOODMAN

DoomGyver

That CoD jab was magnificent. Jurassic Park, No rest for the wicked and Tales of Kenzera caught my eye. TGA 23 turned out okay, I wish there was a Zelda announcement or Metroid Prime 4..

Atrus

Gold Member
BG3 should have also won the soundtrack award. Aside from the established IPs, a lot of the “new” games didn’t look appealing at all but I guess Geoff can’t afford to be too selective.

bender

What time is it?
Hello Games new game looks insane. But do I believe the trailer and fall for the hype again? Yes. Yes I do.

I hope the structure is way different that NMS but I'll probably be there day one for this. The call of exploration and freedom is just too much for me to ignore.

splattered

So no new console reveals as people were hoping... (Myself included) And Sony felt strangely absent from the show outside of Final Fantasy stuff. I'm wondering if Sony will have a surprise showcase before end of year?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So no new console reveals as people were hoping... (Myself included) And Sony felt strangely absent from the show outside of Final Fantasy stuff. I'm wondering if Sony will have a surprise showcase before end of year?

The second showcase is all the friends we made along the way.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wow! It looks like it was a pretty decent show for most part.

A couple of nice surprises. 👌

Alan wake II winning a few is amazing.

Gwaan Remedy!

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Watching it now, but god dam the voice of that chick is annoying that presents it.

Also luckily didn't see it live, 3,5 hours long is brutal.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I have no problems with BG3 winning multiple categories, but the nominations and winners in some categories are pure shit. Strategy or VR categories deserved more PC titles. And the biggest offender is Forza Motorsport winning in the racing games category after such a negative reception which is still ongoing given the game hasn't been greatly improved or patched since the disastrous premiere.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Final predictions

GOTY - BG3
Direction - Alan Wake 2
Narrative - BG3
Art Direction - Hi-Fi Rush
Score/Music - BG3
Audio Design - Hi-Fi Rush
Performance - Astarion (BG3)
Accessibility - Spider-Man 2
Ongoing - Cyberpunk
Community Support - BG3
Indie - Sea of Stars
Debut Indie - Pizza Tower
Action - AC6
Action/Adventure - TOTK
RPG - BG3
Fighting - SF6
Family - Mario
Sim - Pikmin 4
Sports/Racing - F1
Multiplayer - SG6
Adaptation - TLOU
Anticipated - FF7R-2

15/22. I did actually change my mind to Cocoon on debut indie but didn't edit.

Nothing too outrageous here I don't think, really wasn't sure on MP but BG3 makes sense I guess.

TGA was pretty good, but it feels like there were some weird cut offs for speakers as if Geoff was rushing it.

Considering the amount of Xbox games there - exclusive and multiplat - and Xbox even won something lol - I think this TGA was Xbox Winter Showcase :messenger_tears_of_joy:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Not trying to war here because my PS5 has gotten a lot more love of late than my Xbox but it’s something many of us have been talking about the last few months like Topher Topher and have us concerned the last 12 months and the next 12 months aren’t great for Sony outside of GAAS

Sorry but free DLC for a GOW I didn’t enjoy doesn’t get me excited though it’s great for those who liked the game

Laieon

Maybe the Sony Showcase is already nestled tightly under our trees.

WitchHunter

Banned
I think Neil Newbon deserves that award for Asterion.

He plays a very large range for the character, from neurotic to sad to angry to sinister.

In a cast of excellent performances Newbon stands out.
An award I can agree with. Astarion's acting was friggin good. Tho I don't get it why didn't they nominate Devora Wilde/Lae'Zel or Andrew Wincott/Raphael. Those performances were also top tier.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Not trying to war here because my PS5 has gotten a lot more love of late than my Xbox but it’s something many of us have been talking about the last few months like Topher Topher and have us concerned the last 12 months and the next 12 months aren’t great for Sony outside of GAAS

What's the next first party Sony release that's not a GaaS?

I think no Wolverine presence confirms it's missing 2024.

I'm desperate for a new Life is Strange game from Deck Nine, but I'll happily take Lost Records: Bloom and Rage from DON'T NOD. That trailer sold it for me.

DRbQ2mc.gif

Loved the AW2 Herald of Darkness.

How many times are they showing Senua's Sacrifice 2 on the Awards?

The scifi game with McConaughey lool interesting.

GoW free dlc is nice.

"Ghost of Tsushima" was pretty okay I guess.
Chinese Sekiro was cool.

What is Kojima up to?

Blade game for Xbox. Nice but I won't able to play it.

That's about it.

Edit. Oh yeah FF7 but I'm not spoiling it for myself.

Last edited:

adamsapple

I feel bad for Ben Starr, his face looks so gutted when the camera cut to him after he didn't win.

Kenpachii

Main complains.
- To fucking long, cut it to 1,5-2 hours max, 3,5 hours is just way to long.
- Unwatchable because of time for EU people, should honestly start thinking about doing it earlier on the day.

Other then that, actually really good show and well done all in general. Absolutely loved it.

Top Bottom