• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Grudge" - Reboot. Produced Sam Raimi, Director Nicolas Pesce, coming January 3

Jooxed

Gold Member
Lmao a horror movie based on a japanese franchise with 0 japanese people in it and now takes place in Burgerland. Simply ebin.

You sound like basically every horror fan in existence.

Pretty much bro..we take what we can get

JimiNutz

Banned
I’ll watch it only because Sam Rami is great , but not in the Cinema.

Yeah I'm in for Sam Raimi although he's listed as a producer not the director.

Raimi hasn't actually directed a film since 2013! Is he not directing anymore?

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Damn are you always triggered and a jackass when you log into gaf or is it ebin horror movies and Nintendo Switch topics that get you there
You really mad because I'm not some retard that gobbles up every dogshit mainstream modern horror movie?

Jooxed

Gold Member
You really mad because I'm not some retard that gobbles up every dogshit mainstream modern horror movie?

No one said you needed to like or watch the movie?

However you don't need to insult others that will watch the movie , I'm not sure why you feel the need to put people down that like things that you don't which is apparent in the topics we've interacted in.

Second who was even talking about you when I said we take what we can get (Horror fans) in direct response to you in a friendly way but you couldn't help but be snide

brap

Banned
No one said you needed to like or watch the movie?
So I'm not allowed to give my onion on the trailer I just watched because it doesn't look good to me? Ok. Me no say mean thing no more.

However you don't need to insult others that will watch the movie , I'm not sure why you feel the need to put people down that like things that you don't which is apparent in the topics we've interacted in.
I didn't though.

Second who was even talking about you when I said we take what we can get (Horror fans) in direct response to you in a friendly way but you couldn't help but be snide
Oh, sorry guess I'm not a horror fan because I don't gobble up every piece of shit horror movie that comes out because reasons. Brb marathoning some modern horror such as Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 and Midsommer so I can be a real horror fan.

Jooxed

Gold Member
So I'm not allowed to give my onion on the trailer I just watched because it doesn't look good to me? Ok. Me no say mean thing no more.

I didn't though.

Oh, sorry guess I'm not a horror fan because I don't gobble up every piece of shit horror movie that comes out because reasons. Brb marathoning some modern horror such as Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 and Midsommer so I can be a real horror fan.

You misunderstood basically everything I said, but whatever...wait you didnt like midsommar? What's your idea of a great horror film?

Bigrx1

Banned
Strange movie to do a remake of - I liked the original but at this point I’m kind of over the creepy girl thing that was big during that time with The Ring, The Grudge, etc

brap

Banned
You misunderstood basically everything I said, but whatever...wait you didnt like midsommar? What's your idea of a great horror film?
No I didn't. And I didn't even watch it. Couldn't pay me enough to watch anything A24 shits out. Also I wasn't calling you a retard.

What's your idea of a great horror film?
EDGY
DECENTLY WELL ACTED OR FUNNY BAD ACTED
NOT PC
NOT SELF AWARE
NOT BAD ON PURPOSE
GORE
BLOOD
TITS
NO GAY SHIT
MAYBE A COOL MONSTER

I really don't have high standards honestly. Most modern stuff is just a combo of everything I hate.

Yeah I'm in for Sam Raimi although he's listed as a producer not the director.

Raimi hasn't actually directed a film since 2013! Is he not directing anymore?

Apparently he is going to be directing a new upcoming horror movie described as Misery meets Cast Away, which sounds interesting.

Shame he isn't directing this new Grudge movie though, he could have brought some style to this reboot.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Because it needed remaking?
Seriously I get why films was remade in the 2000's
But Remakes of 2000's films are pointless

As someone that loves a good ghost movie and couldnt find the 'original' scary because I was constantly expecting guitar music to kick, in followed by Buffy beating seven shades out of the Grudge, I'm quite looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Doom85

I feel Ju-On/Grudge can make for one or two good movies but after that you've kinda exhausted the potential. Something like Conjuring 1 and 2 (and a possible 3) work since you're exploring different cases thus different threats that can offer unique scares. After so many movies, you've seen everything Kayako and Toshio can do. Even the house starts getting too familiar and yeah I know later movies start to let them kill people who didn't even enter the house but I don't like that either as it feels just a cheap way to make new people die without having people be so idiotic to keep going into that house. It's like a writer going, "well, why would anyone go to Camp Crystal Lake after hundreds of killings? Oh, we'll just have Jason show up at some new place for.......reasons", it just smacks of laziness.

looks like standard horror movie with a hint of sam raimi

the last horror movie i saw and enjoyed was parnormal activity

i should watch it again tbh

it actually scared the fuck out of me the first time in theaters and haven't watched it since

Stuckmann’s review just went live

TLDW:

Says it’s terribly boring and borderline pretentious with out dramatic it tries to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom