• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 Films To See In January (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Daybreakers and it was.....alright. Willem Dafoe was great yet Sam Neill was sadly under-used.

Edge of Darkness I'm so hyped for. Return of Mel Gibson! And also Martin Campbell remaking his old mini-series. The trailer sells it as Taken when it is completely different. Man I missed mad mel.

Well...at least he's got that big check coming from Pixar. (I'm assuming the headliners of Toy Story are getting paid decent. Tom Hanks definitely doesn't need it, he should donate to Tim Allen :lol )

Timbuktu

Is Edge of Darkness supposed to be any good? The Gibson/Campbell combo got me interested although I've heard nothing about it before seeing a poster last week and there isn't anything on Rotten yet. I've probably only got time for one film next week and wonder if this is good enough alternative to A Prophet.

Insertia

Saw Book of Eli a couple of nights ago.

Best movie of the new year so far. Incredibly smart movie. I was really impressed which hasn't happened for me in cinema in a long time.

big ander

KTOOOOM said:
isn't the Book of Eli made by a gafer ?
if so congrats man
you did well:D
Gary Whitta said:
How'd that work out for ya? :lol
Yep.

Eli was great, an awesome action flick. Daybreakers was okay.
I've wanted to see Youth In Revolt since it released, but a friend of mine is making me wait to see it until she can too. Hopefully next weekend. I've loved all of Cera's stuff (especially AD) and this doesn't look to be the exception.

Timbuktu said:
Is Edge of Darkness supposed to be any good? The Gibson/Campbell combo got me interested although I've heard nothing about it before seeing a poster last week and there isn't anything on Rotten yet. I've probably only got time for one film next week and wonder if this is good enough alternative to A Prophet.
After seeing. A Prophet I find it hard to believe Edge of Darkness could be better.

Just got back from Edge of Darkness. Really average movie. It has a classic 70's feel, very slow with sudden heart-pounding moments scattered throughout. Worth seeing eventually, but I can't see it beating Avatar this weekend. People expecting Taken will be very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom