• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gunk Xbox Series X Gameplay - First look

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
EssentialMeanCarp-size_restricted.gif

Bruhh GIF

xrnzaaas

Unfortunately I was suspecting it's going to be a bland game after watching the gameplays, a pass from me even 'for free', life's just too short to play games like this. Make SteamWorld Dig 3 ffs.

Lognor

Banned
Ehh I think I'll pass on this one. I was excited for it due to the dev behind it, but seems too generic to actually spend my time on.

Maybe they should stick to the Steamworld games.

Ozriel

M$FT
Quick question. Is it worth it to drop Halo or Kena to play this?
I have 3 hours to spend.

of course.
not GOTY material by any stretch, but it looks like it’ll settle around 75 ish or so. And that’s perfectly fine for a relatively short game that’s supposedly not short on charm.

no-brainer if you’ve got Gamepass

Fredrik

of course.
not GOTY material by any stretch, but it looks like it’ll settle around 75 ish or so. And that’s perfectly fine for a relatively short game that’s supposedly not short on charm.

no-brainer if you’ve got Gamepass
I have so much other games to play, jumped into Halo instead

I loved Steamworld Dig 1 and 2, so I am really looking forward to this based on those games. I'm sure it will be fun to play. Even if the voice acting here is a bit off-putting.

liking it so far.
Ive seen several branching passages. I hope I can remember where Ive been and where Ive not. the tips said to leave corruption are to heal when hurt, how do I know Im hurt or not?

DeepSpace5D

Looks like a decent time at least. I plan on subbing to Gamepass for a month soon and The Gunk is definitely one I will try out. I really like Steamworld Dig and although this seems completely different, I’m going to give it a shot because I like the devs.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Im surprised at the critical responses. This is pretty much what I hoped for. Compared to their last games its a giant leap forward graphically. Not some super impressive graphics or anything but sucking up the gunk looks cool honestly.

Just chill sci fi platformer + Luigi's Mansion. I've played many worse games than this. Perfect for Gamepass.

I played for about an hour and a half today and it's about what I expected..Cool 'smaller' game with a little bit of charm. I appreciate titles like this cause after running through Halo, Guardians of the Galaxy, and a few other games it feels good to take a break from the big titles.

Also I finished up Chorus this afternoon, if you haven't tried it and you game on PC atleast try the demo, it was an exceptional game as well.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm seeing the Steamworld influence. I cannot doubt this dev until they prove me wrong. I'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

Banned
so I played it for like 1 hour, maybe 1 1/2... does this stop being kiddies first action adventure at any time? because currently the gameplay and puzzles are quite literally something I would expect in a game made for 4 year old children... I know that is normal in many AAA action games these days *cough* Uncharted *cough* but in an indy adventure game I expected a bit less... braindeadness(?)

Nice game. I got as far as defeating the rhino enemy and my hand is cramping from holding in both triggers. Time to call it a night and finish the cleanup this weekend.

Jennings

so I played it for like 1 hour, maybe 1 1/2... does this stop being kiddies first action adventure at any time? because currently the gameplay and puzzles are quite literally something I would expect in a game made for 4 year old children... I know that is normal in many AAA action games these days *cough* Uncharted *cough* but in an indy adventure game I expected a bit less... braindeadness(?)
I completed the game a moment ago. If it weren't for occasional bits of obscene language I would say it's a kid's game. I'm not sure who the target audience is, but it's not children, so it must be ultra casual adult gamers.

Banned
I completed the game a moment ago. If it weren't for occasional bits of obscene language I would say it's a kid's game. I'm not sure who the target audience is, but it's not children, so it must be ultra casual adult gamers.

seems that way from what I played yeah...

Top Bottom