• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Hellblade II is massive, and growing.

Klayzer

Blocking Wonder Woman GIF
Everytime I see that GIF it hurts my side with laughter.

I'm looking forward to it. Enjoyed the 1st one once I got used to the puzzles. Can't imagine it wont be in my top 10 for the year.

But no, I don't see much hype. Will be a few of us in the OT having fun hopefully.

I didn't even know this was coming out this month. MS have fucked up so bad with this game that I'd have said it was comical if it wasn't for the fact that when this game doesn't meet their expectations they'll likely close the studio.

Radical_3d

Fingers crossed for Ninja Theory they have more platforms lined up than just what Gamepass supports. They need some cold hard cash flowing in for this game not some devalued (and by all current indications meaningless) engagement numbers.

mu8Ay0o.gif
It won’t matter, because MS doesn’t understand that there are different audiences for different products. I have an XSX and I don’t own Hi-Fi Rush because looks like a good game and therefore I want to have it physical. They’ll release Hellblade 2 in Switch 2 or whatever and they’ll do it digital again. Letting some shitty ass third company take care of the physical release. By the time the disc copy arrives all momentum, conversation or whatever you want to call it is lost. By the time I get to buy a disc Hi-Fi only the hardcore users like me will do the same. Without the background of wining a BAFTA award. And some of us already played it on game pass. It’s a self fulfilling premise that only the big hits are worth investing. With zero ads while Sony shoving their third party shitty Nier Automata down my throat everywhere. It’s mismanaging at its peak, only behind 90s Sega. And it’s not fair for so many studios and people owned by the biggest corpo out there.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It won’t matter, because MS doesn’t understand that there are different audiences for different products. I have an XSX and I don’t own Hi-Fi Rush because looks like a good game and therefore I want to have it physical. They’ll release Hellblade 2 in Switch 2 or whatever and they’ll do it digital again. Letting some shitty ass third company take care of the physical release. By the time the disc copy arrives all momentum, conversation or whatever you want to call it is lost. By the time I get to buy a disc Hi-Fi only the hardcore users like me will do the same. Without the background of wining a BAFTA award. And some of us already played it on game pass. It’s a self fulfilling premise that only the big hits are worth investing. With zero ads while Sony shoving their third party shitty Nier Automata down my throat everywhere. It’s mismanaging at its peak, only behind 90s Sega. And it’s not fair for so many studios and people owned by the biggest corpo out there.
I hear ya!

I started double dipping years ago trying to get physical and digital on release or close enough together to the initial release but I don't see them continuing that trend. HI-Fi Rush physical was "announced" back in Feb by Limited Run Games (unfortunately their execution over the last two years has been atrocious) and not a peep since. I hope it gets a physical release but it is not looking great right now, hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Incredible graphics in the series, outstanding story, and superlative cinematic gameplay as well. But I tell you, I cannot see how people can stand the constant voice of the main character. Especially while wearing headphones. Try playing the game wearing headphones you'll want to tell that lady to shut the fuck up for a second! It's relentless I could not handle it (first game)got halfway through the game and when I was done felt like I just broke up with some chick who had a severe mental problem which I could do nothing to help. Bitch I got my own problems.

I think it will do well critically and be used by certain people as a yard stick to beat the detractors of Xbox management.

Anything remotely positive from the showcase will also be used against the people critical of Spencer etc.

We have been here before. A monotonous circle.

Their little pit of arrogant lackeys and boot lickers with the usual routines.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Banned
Lmao thats some powerful copium if you think thus is anywhere close to RDR2 levels of hype 🤣
After Xbox’s last few years,expectations should be firmly kept in cautious territory

I remember clicking through the "gameplay reveal" for this game and damn near every timestamp was some sort of cutscene or scripted sequence with limited player control. I know some people are into that shit, but I couldn't possibly be less hyped for this game.

DaGwaphics

The graphics look excellent from what has been shown and this studio makes great use of 3D audio, those two things alone make it worth a look. I'm hoping they make the puzzles a little more interesting than the first one.

Kerotan

I haven't heard this game mentioned by anyone ever outside of gaming forums. Microsoft will probably shut them down unless they get a port to ps5 ASAP and even then I'm wouldn't hold my breath

JackMcGunns

Incredible graphics in the series, outstanding story, and superlative cinematic gameplay as well. But I tell you, I cannot see how people can stand the constant voice of the main character. Especially while wearing headphones. Try playing the game wearing headphones you'll want to tell that lady to shut the fuck up for a second! It's relentless I could not handle it (first game)got halfway through the game and when I was done felt like I just broke up with some chick who had a severe mental problem which I could do nothing to help. Bitch I got my own problems.

It's ASMR "The Game" lol.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
OP is a stone cold killer.

Dunno about USA, but in Europe HB2 is so MIA that my mate who bought XSX (he's a FIFA guy) was suprised to learn that it's releasing in 2 weeks. And the source of this news was a friendly chat about our vacation plans, lol.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Ninja Theory has to think they are next on the chopping block. Gotta suck having that cloud hanging over your head every day while working for a $3 trillion dollar corporatoin.
Yup, I think they're next given how little people care about Hellblade II and it'll barely sell cuz of Gamepass. They should start thinking about going independent again asap.

Get real.. there is no hype. Hellblade II is a niche product; outside its visual splendour, it is generally considered depressing and unappealing. A product off the radar of most; I suspect this will be reflected in poor sales. I'd much rather see a remake of ENSLAVED: ODYSSEY TO THE WEST or a new IP. Perhaps a survival horror game in the vein of RE rather than this 7 years in development debacle.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
In all the footage I’ve seen of this game, I don’t think I’ve seen any actual gameplay. Just weird cutscenes someone on shrooms dreamt up

I can't bring myself to finish the first one. I mean to. But I have limited gaming time and I'm finishing up Outcast and have Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, and FFVII Rebirth just sitting idle waiting for me.

Top Bottom